fin.

Delivery
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kierra was currently standing in the middle of her room with various gift-wrapping materials on the floor around her when she heard a knock on her door while deciding on which gift to wrap up first.

"Come in." She responded with her focus still on the items before her.

"Hey, oh? Perfect. Can you wrap a gift for me?"

Kierra heard her friend, Serena, ask and instantly responded without facing her.

"No."

"Oh, c'mon. You're basically doing it right now."

"How would you know that? I could just be organizing before putting it all away."

"Nayoung mentioned something earlier about you doing gifts."

"Psh, whatever. I'm still gonna put them in a bag though. Linna knows how to wrap better than I can. Ask her. Chaeyeon, Yonghwon, and Serin aren't bad either. Actually, like the others are able to wrap better than me. Ask them to do it."

"Majority of them are out and about while the others have studying to do. They told me to ask you instead since you're the most freed up one."

"Wow. Why?"

"Linna said you had materials already when I messaged her earlier today. Anyways, Kierra, I really need this wrapped up or whatever it is that you like to do. It'll be great if you can do it right now. Please and thanks."

Kierra turned her head to look over at Serena with a long and thin white box in hand. She quirk a brow at her friend.

"It's already in a box though. Just put a bow on it and it's done."

Serena rolled her eyes while coming closer and set the box on Kierra's desk.

"That's no fun and I'm sure I would destroy the box or wrapping paper in the process if I'm the one that's doing it."

"Did you just buy it recently?"

"Yeah, online. How would you know that?"

"Oh, I see. Because that's how you are."

"Ah, true, but why'd you ask?"

"I was gonna say that you could've had the employees do it for you there, but nevermind."

"Yeah, I thought the same thing, too, but it's already here. So, please?"

"Fine."

She reluctantly agreed as Serena patted her on the back.

"Thanks."

"Welcome, but buy me one of those squishmallows doll for Christmas and we're good."

"Jay could get you that."

Kierra scowled.

"He has something else planned even though I told him not to."

Serena laughed.

"That sounds like him, but okay. Deal."

"Cool. By the way, is it for a male or female? Or does it matter?"

"Uh, male, please."

"Okay."

Kierra reached towards a clear, cylinder container for a tag, and handed it to Serena with a marker.

"Write his name and I'll attach it to the present."

"I can't. He'll recognize my handwriting immediately." Serena states with a serious face.

Kierra frowned.

"But it's a gift for him. Of course he should know the person that gift it to him."

Kierra suddenly recalled something and cast her friend with a cheeky grin.

"Ooh, it's for Heeseung, isn't it? That's why you don't want to write his name yourself."

Serena rolled her eyes, but an obvious smile graced her face.

"Yes, it is. By the way, could you hand it to him by the end of the day, too?"

Kierra's eyebrows furrowed.

"Why can't you give it to him instead?"

"I still want to remain anonymous for the time being and I have to help Jiyeon with budget stuff since I miscounted my sorority activities. It's gonna take up a lot of my time."

"Wow, seriously?"

"Yeah. I thought I got enough, but I'm missing like a full week's worth of hours. So yeah, Kierra, make a delivery and you can even see your lovely boyfriend."

Kierra eyed Serena.

"I was just with him an hour ago. I'm good."

"Oh yeah? Well, then, okay, thanks, and bye!"

Serena shot her friend a smile before running away, laughing and closing the door soon after her. Kierra just shook her head with a laugh before staring at the gift.

"I'll package it, but I ain't gonna see Jay again right now and not so soon, anyway."

"So, that's done."

Kierra placed another finished package off to the side as she looked at the remaining three items while sitting on the floor.  She sighed, thinking it wouldn't be that much work when she first started. Just as she had reached for an item, a knock sounded at her door. Kierra wondered if it was Serena again.

"Come in."

Kierra expected it to be Serena, but it was another friend, Melanie, with a six inch round cake in hand within a container.

"Hi." Melanie greeted with a smile as Kierra returned the same gesture.

"Hi. Are you asking me to take a taste test again?"

"Oh, no. This is for Jake."

"Okay and what's it doing here?"

"Could you make a delivery for me?"

"Why? Why can't you do it?"

"I have to go in for work in a bit and I took too long to make this birthday cake for him and didn't realize about the time."

"Oh, ."

Realization hit Kierra as she stared at Melanie who walked closer to Kierra's desk to place the cake on it.

"Jake's birthday was like a week ago. . I forgot."

Melanie restrained from laughing as she cast her friend with an amused look.

"And I thought he was a good friend of yours."

"He is, but don't tell him that." Kierra deadpanned before a chuckle followed after.

"Anyways," She dismissed the topic with a wave of her hand while pointing at Melanie.

"Forget that. You're the one that has a crush on him and actually made him a belated birthday cake. You give it to him."

"I want to make sure it gets to him by today so it tastes fresh and I can't with work. Besides, you're gonna go over there tonight, anyway."

"How would you know that?"

"Serena mentioned that you're delivering a package to Heeseung for her when I spoke with her like half an hour ago."

"I'm gonna tell Heeseung that Serena likes him."

"Don't do that."

"Why not?"

"Not your call."

"But she's just asking for it."

Melanie chuckled with a shake of her head.

"Even so, that's still not your call."

"Fine."

"Anyways, why not take both of these over at the same time? Oh, and it could give you an excuse for you to visit your boyfriend, too."

Kierra scoffed.

"I saw him earlier today and we hung out for a few hours, too. I don't need to see him again that fast or hang out with him, too."

Melanie laughed with a nod, but lightly tapped the top of the container that held the homemade cake.

"I see, but please? I'll even bake you your own Christmas cake and cookies next month so that you don't have to share with the others."

"Okay. I'm listening."

Melanie grinned widely.

"Cool. I'll make you your favorite on top of the Christmas stuff. So, how about it?"

"Fine." Kierra reluctantly agreed although the prospect of getting Melanie's baked goods didn't seem so bad.

"Anyways," Kierra pointed at her mini compact fridge, "You'll have to move some stuff around to fit it. I'll take it over once I'm done with these."

"Awesome! Thanks, Kierra."

"Yeah, yeah. Welcome."

Melanie chuckled as she made room in Kierra's fridge before leaving. Kierra glanced at the door before grabbing her phone. She immediately messaged her sister and wondered where she was so that she could have Linna run the errands instead of her doing it. Kierra's phone vibrated a momenter later and groaned upon reading that her sister was out on a date with Sunghoon. Kierra sighed deeply, lying down on her back as she thought on a plan.

"If I make it quick, then I wouldn't have to see him until tomorrow morning. I really need to just get in there and leave as soon as possible before he even knows that I was there."

"Hi, Namjoon." Kierra greeted the president of Beta Heta Mu.

Namjoon smiled

Please log in to read the full chapter