First Date

day shift

a/n this chapter takes place after first chapter of the one-shot :>


 

Mina was finishing her night shift. It was Saturday night, meaning she had a day off tomorrow. She was about to pack her things up, when her phone rang.

“Hello?”

Minari?” a child-like voice from the other line.

“Oh. ty brat.”

The other line chuckled, “Mean as usual. Like it.”

“What do you want?”

“Your heart?”

“Are you an organ dealer?”

“Love dealer?”

“Disgusting.”

“Anyways, do you have time tomorrow?”

“Why?”

“Wanna play?”

“What if I say no?”

“What if you say yes?”

Mina sighed. That annoying small kid that she met the other day seems fun to play with so, why not?

“Alright.”

Mina could hear Chaeyoung squealed, “See you tomorrow! Gonna be the best day ever!”

***

It was Sunday morning. Mina is not a morning person, so when Chaeyoung told her to meet her at 9 am, she was not having her best mood. She woke up late, had a quick shower and just grabbed her small sling bag. Well, it was not a date or anything special so she didn’t have to dress up, right?

She made it on time on their meeting spot, Shin Okubo Station. After looking for a certain small girl, she found Chaeyoung waving with both of her hands. Chaeyoung was wearing a simple white T-shirt and jeans overall. Mina jogged to her.

“Why so early? It is not like we gonna go to school right?” She complained. Chaeyoung didn’t tell her about the play plan today. She said it would be a surprise and very fun.

“Enoshima Beach is most beautiful in the morning you know.”

“Beach?”

“Yes! We are going to beach! And aquarium!” the younger girl couldn’t hide her excitement.

But the older girl isn’t an outdoor type of girl.

“Beach? In the middle of raining season?”

“I bring my umbrella! Do you bring yours?”

Oh . The only thing she brought was her small bag.

Wait, only the bag?

She opened her bag, empty.

“I don’t even bring my wallet.” Mina facepalmed.

What a great way to start a play date.

***

“Remind me to pay you back later.”

Chaeyoung ended up paying for Mina’s train ticket. Well, she had to pay for all the expenses today. But, as long as Mina is having fun with her, she willing to give all of her money.

“It is okay. I am the one who ask you to go anyway.”

It took about an hour and half to get to Enoshima Beach. And by the time they arrived, just like the universe hates them today, it was raining cats and dogs.

“Uh, how about we go to aquarium first? I think by the time we finish the rain stops.” She just tried to be positive. Chaeyoung opened her umbrella, that was luckily big enough for both of them. Chaeyoung held the umbrella for them, while Mina grabbed Chaeyoung’s arm and squished her body closer to Chaeyoung. Mina’s touch made her heart go crazy. Deep down, she thanked the universe that made Mina forgot to bring an umbrella.

During the walk, Mina was silent. Chaeyoung noticed the older girl’s bad mood, she tried to lift the mood up.

“I hope I get to see lion today.”

“We are going to aquarium, not zoo, dummy.”

“Well, sea-lion.”

“That was a terrible joke.” Despite the rude comment, the older girl flashed a smile. It was the same smile that made Chaeyoung’s stunned when they first met. The same beautiful smile.

They made it to the ticket gate with minimum wetness.

“Don’t you need to buy kid’s ticket?” Mina teased. Seemed like her mood was better.

“Then you need senior ticket.” The younger girl teased back.

After they got their ticket, the two strolled around the aquarium. It was their first time being there, so everything looked exciting to them. When they were walking together, Chaeyoung noticed something unique on how Mina walks. She paddles just like penguin.

She giggled as they were in the penguin habitat, “Look, your family is here!”

Mina tried to mimic how her penguin family walks, and she really does resemble them.

The two of them had a blast there. A lot of giggles and laughs. Maybe they could be a great play date, after all.

The aquarium tour went to the end, the two girls stop by the gift shop. They separated ways when strolling around store, but then Mina caught Chaeyoung was staring at sea lion plushie.

“Oh, your favorite sea lion.” Mina squished the plushie, checking the quality. “Their eyes look like yours. Cute and big.”

Chaeyoung shocked, “Cute? Did you just say I am cute?”

The older girl blushed, well, she does think Chaeyoung is cute but she was not prepared to say it in front of the latter. “What no! Theirs are cute. Your eyes are just big. Not cute.”

The younger girl fake pouted, “Meanie Minari.” Chaeyoung brought the plushie to check out, “Do you want anything?” she asked Mina first. “Nah. I’m good.” Mina walked out the store to wait for Chaeyoung outside.

After the aquarium tour, the two of them got hungry. Chaeyoung’s sister, Jeongyeon, packed some lunch for them. They took a sit on the beach. The rain was stopped, but the weather was still cloudy and windy. There were a lot of crows too. It is common in Japan to see big crows all across the Japan, especially in open area like the beach.

Just when Chaeyoung about to eat a piece of sandwich, a big crow flew on the top of her head, targeting their food.

“What the heck?!” she quickly secured the bread in .

“Wow we are really competing for food with wild animals.” Mina commented.

Too lazy to move and look for saver place, the two girls ended up eating their lunch like poor preys.

“Thank you for playing with me today.” Chaeyoung said, “Even though it was not as fun as I imagined it would be.”

“It was fun. I had fun.” The older girl looked into Chaeyoung’s big eyes. She smiled. “We should go out more often.”

“Are you asking me out?”

“My sentence was not a question sentence. I said we should.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Dummy.”

Both of them laughed of their silliness. It was only their second meeting, but they already feel bonded together. There were maybe some unfortunate events, but they managed to went through them together and still had a great time.

Suddenly Chaeyoung remember something, she took a small paper bag from her bag.

“For you.” She gave it to Mina. The latter confused, “What is this?” she asked.

“I didn’t buy the plushie. I bought that instead, for you.” Chaeyoung scratched the back of her head, embarrassed.

Mina slowly opened the bag, revealed a small penguin keychain. She actually wanted a penguin keychain.

“Chaeng… thank-“ just before she finished thank the other girl, a big crow snatched the keychain from Mina’s hand.

The poor penguin keychain flew with the crow, then fell to the sea.

Well, this might not a perfect first date, but this is a good starting point of their relationship.

 


a/n so this fic will be just bunch of short fluffs. hope you like it;>

btw the scene with crows is based my own experience in Enoshima beach..