final

of suppers and radio talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wendy-ah, we’ve reached. Have a good rest tonight and I’ll see you at the same time tomorrow afternoon.”

“Thank you, Unnie! See you!”

2021 has been a fruitful year personally, if she might say so herself; she not only made records with her solo album, she also clinched acting and radio gigs. Not to mention their group comeback, though Wendy was honestly just happy to spend some time with the girls. Also, everyone knows what Youngstreet is about by now – a radio that goes on for the general public in the evening. Wendy had jumped at the chance when she was offered a position to be their DJ, even more touched when the company was willing to wait for her in the meantime. She had, and still has so many more goals to accomplish in her active career; being a DJ was a challenge then, and now it’s become part of her life so effortlessly.

Her members had urged her multiple times to go for it, the lack of experience would repair itself with more and more practice. They knew far too well why Wendy was insecure of going into it alone… they had seen how terribly planned her solo debut was and how afraid she was of disappointing fans around her.

Wendy stayed up late at night to do some research on guests after practice, made sure her scripts were fine and put in double her effort to keep people comfortable in her presence. Despite the reassurance and encouraging messages she received, nothing prepared her for what could possibly greet her tonight.

“I’m home!”

Before Wendy can react or even make a move to remove her shoes, she’s engulfed in the arms of a koala. She gives the woman a smack on the , ironically turning her head to press a kiss on the latter’s hair. “You have to stop doing that, Unnie! What if you fell or I lost balance? We could have tumbled onto the floor and –”

Her words might have gotten cut off abruptly but she sure as hell is going to enjoy the kiss instead – how could she miss a chance to receive Irene’s affection?

“I missed you…” Irene whispers, retracting a little just to press their foreheads together. Her hands continue to cradle Wendy’s cheeks, caressing the soft little pockets of love. “I haven’t spent enough time with you.”

“I told you, you were welcome to stay with us at the house but you didn’t want to!”

Irene only smiles in return, staring at the love of her life with twinkling eyes and curved lips as the woman goes on and on. She knows how much Wendy missed her family, especially after so many years of spending Chuseok holidays alone in the dorm. The past two years have been proof of how much Wendy wanted to keep them by her side. Irene knows far too well that Wendy wants to keep pretending everything is fine, as she has for the entirety of their career together. The Son family have always welcomed her with open arms, treating her as one of them the moment Wendy admitted they were dating. That already means the world to Irene; everything else can wait for now.

“You’re not listening to a thing I say, are you?” Wendy narrows her eyes, pouting when she sees that look on Irene’s face again.

Although she receives no response after, Wendy feels her heart skip a beat when Irene chooses to pull her towards the sofa instead. She immediately takes the opportunity to lay her head on Irene’s lap, a -eating grin plastered on her face.

Wendy turns to lie on her side, nuzzling her face into the softness of her girlfriend’s tummy. It’s her favourite position to be. “Can we stay like this for a moment? It’s so comfortable.”

“Of course… I’ll be here.”

Irene continues to run her fingers through Wendy’s hair, marveling at how silky and smooth it is. She’s always loved the short hair style; it really showcases more of Wendy’s adorable features in comparison to her long hair. Either way, Irene can’t get enough of both sides.

Both are a part of Wendy.

As Wendy gradually goes from poking Irene’s tummy to softly snoring on her lap, Irene takes the opportunity to observe everything about her girlfriend. Ever since Wendy’s parents arrived in Seoul, they’ve been taking care of the daughter they’ve missed since she was a trainee. All this while, Irene thought the world of their relationship; it was extremely hard to keep it all in as they were actively promoting. It isn’t that they have to be stuck at the hip all the time, but she’s human too. A part of her still wants to enjoy her day with Wendy at home, where they could simply cuddle all night and grow chubby with food together.

Taking a deep breath, Irene bends down to give her snoozing girlfriend a tender kiss on the head. She missed Wendy a lot more than she realized, listening to the radio every evening was simply insufficient for her to fall back on.

I love you.

I love you so much.

“Mmm… I love you more.” Wendy mumbles, scooting inhumanely closer.

A lighthearted giggle escapes Irene’s lips involuntarily, an arm supporting her frame as she looks at her girlfriend with the most loving gaze one could ever witness. She knows for a fact that Wendy is physically exhausted – doing a radio every evening and occasionally filming for that comedy sitcom is all good, but adding on practices and rehearsals till the wee hours of the morning is different. Their managers even had to bring in some food and caffeine drinks in order to make sure Wendy had enough energy to carry on. The girls were so worried one day she’d pass out from over exhaustion, which thankfully n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter