One

When there was Sooyoung

They are young when they first meet. High schoolers with lots of ambitions.

Dancing and singing their hearts away.

It doesn't take them long to click. Sooyoung is bold but has a shyness to her, and Jiwoo is eager to get to know the mysterious woman.

 

They start as friends, sleepover, and soon their close friends notice that they are closer in another way.

 

They turn into lovers, and perhaps it was too soon. Only a couple of months after knowing each other that they declare to each other that they are the one.

Once they start collage, they opt for a shared apartment off campus, but they're both busy.

 

The only quality time they have are when they sleep if Sooyoung wasn't stuck at a TM or party with her juniors.

 

Time passes them both with great strides.

Jiwoo, who starts to feel lonely in her heart but unable to voice it because she knows Sooyoung will be hurt by her lack of trust. 

 

There is a new junior in her department. She's bold and shy, just like Sooyoung was back in the day. Her features are soft and cute, unlike Sooyoung's now sharp and y facial features.

Jiwoo wonders if it is okay to feel less lonely. If it is okay to just smudge the truth a little.

Sooyoung wouldn't notice, she's never at home, and she takes too long to reply to text or calls anyways.

"Hi I'm Jiwoo. I'm going to be your campus buddy"

"Hi, I'm Hyeju, nice to meet you"

It is unmistakable. The pink that tints Hyeju's cheeks. She's just like young Sooyoung, and Jiwoo can't resist the longing in her heart.