My Consort Sequel: Suho & D.O 1

My Consort Sequel: Suho & D.O

Oh no, I’m running late! Jilian went to run as fast as she could. Five minutes more. Of all the times that she could possibly be late, it had to be the first day of class, under Mr. Do’s subject. She has never met him before but he was well known to be strict.

I think I can make it! And so she did, just in the nick of time when all have seated, Jilian made a beeline from the door to a vacant seat. Her heart was beating so fast with her nose flared as she tried to calm her breathing.

It was awfully quiet. Of course, it was Mr. Do’s class, who would dare make a noise. Her desk was becoming very interesting when she suddenly felt something being branded on her arm. Jilian’s heart was beating erratically now as what was happening sunk in. Aren’t I too young for this? I just turned 18. Taking a silent, deep breath, she tried to focus on relaxing thoughts when a warm, foreign feeling took over her.

It was very comforting and dreamy. How was that possible? She heard lots of stories about the monarchs and their special connection with their partners. It was magical to hear, and way more breathtaking experiencing it herself. OH MY GOODNESS! IT’S MR. DO! He’s the only monarch in this room!

Another wave of warmth washed over her, like it was embracing her. It was telling her that it was going to be okay, that she will be fine. Mr. Do’s voice filled the room as he told the class that he’s going to start the roll call.

Even with the warmth and calmness, Jilian never dared to look at Mr. Do as she responded to his call for her name. His voice. Now she’s feeling giddy, a hint of blush creeping on her face. She never thought this would happen, even if she was a citizen of the district. For goodness sake he was ten years older than her, not to mention, he was her professor!

What am I going to do? How am I going to face him? As naive as she was, Jilian devised a plan on how to evade him. She wasn’t ready to face Mr. Do. The initial lesson went by like a blur. She requested a toilet pass five minutes before dismissal hoping to escape him in case he might call her attention after. She’d wait it out before she goes back to the classroom to collect her things.

15 minutes and it would be enough, then she’ll move on to her next class.

 


 

Aeri's day felt unusual. Nothing bad has happened so far, but she still felt that something was about to happen. Even eating one of her favorite comfort foods, Tteokbokki didn't alleviate it. Maybe a second helping will do, but to-go.

Taking a deep breath, Aeri took the pack of Tteokbokki and went for the exit. "Let's see, which series should I watch next tonight? So glad it's Friday. Looking forward to some me time," she whispered almost absentmindedly.

A hand came out of nowhere, waving at her face which almost brought her to a panic. "Hey, it's been so long, how have you been?!"

"Sehun?! It's nice to see you!" Aeri replied, almost dropping her precious Tteokbokki from the initial surprise. 

A thoughtful smile appeared on Sehun's face upon seeing an old classmate. He and Suho were looking to eat somewhere when he saw a familiar face. 

He had always been handsome, Aeri thought. She was happy to see him in a friendly way. After university, Sehun had moved on to the battleship to help with the war that had been going on for who knows how long. It was great news that it had ended just a year ago. The rebellion from the 13th district had ebbed away and a peace treaty has been reached.

Something was off though which she couldn't quite point out. There was this feeling that was oh so slowly building up inside her. Aeri could feel a burning stare but she refused to acknowledge it. 

Sehun kept the conversation light and pleasant. She wished she could talk to him for a little while but her heart was starting to act funny. A sensual warmth crept up her nape. These strange sensations were like a dull, but affectionate ache, and with every second they grew stronger. 

"Aeri, are you alright?" Sehun's face was filled with concern.

"I haven't been feeling all too well today unfortunately," she managed to say, "I'm so sorry for cutting this reunion short, but I'd have to go home and rest. We could meet up sometime together with our batchmates soon and seriously catch up."

"That would be amazing," he replied warmly, "You good going alone?"

"Yep, all good. See you next time Sehun!" Aeri gave a quick smile and hurriedly turned around to go her own way.

As soon as she was out of site, Sehun turned to Suho. "You could've been more discrete with your staring hyung," he remarked sharply.

Suho looked at him as if he didn't do anything wrong. Sehun rolled his eyes followed by a sigh. "It was obviously because of you that she fell ill. She was looking fine a few minutes ago," he continued before gasping. "Wait, is she your-"

A pause. "My beloved one, yes." Suho replied almost helplessly. "Do you have her number by the way? How are we supposed to meet her again?"

Sehun slapped his forehead in exasperation. It was such a dumb situation. He doesn't know why, but Suho's stupidity reminded him of Kris' situation when he met Greta. "We're gonna need help," Sehun murmured.

 


 

Jilian was floating as she walked to her next subject while recalling what had happened.

She went to the classroom after 15 minutes of waiting. She honeslty hoped Mr. Do already left, but to her dismay and surprise he was still there...with her things in his arms.

She stopped walking at the sight of him. Realizing that she won't be approacing him, Mr. Do strode up to her instead. Jilian thought her heart would explode as her eyes grew wide as saucers.

"You'll be late for your next class," Mr. Do spoke gently, almost like reminding a child.

"Yes," Jilian replied dumbfounded. She turned to look at his chest when he handed her, her things and helped her wear her backpack. 

It was as if a bomb went off her chest as Mr. Do lifted her chin up to look at her in the eyes. A kind smile appeared on his face. Oh my!

"We'll be alright," he continued, "we'll take our time, hmmm?"

She could only whimper another yes. Jilian was whipped. It would be useless and too late to say no. Mr. Do has already staked his claim on her.