Beautiful Night (ESPECIALLY for a date)

Beautiful Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung leans back against the chair at Mouse Rabbit, the night air chilly but somehow comforting as he sat quietly while sipping his coffee and scrolling through his phone. The chair in front of him was set yet was empty as if waiting for its owner to arrive. And indeed it was. Kyuhyun was late for their date. It was already around an hour past the time they agreed to meet.

 

Scrolling past the different new things that ELF has tagged him with, Yesung clicks Kyuhyun’s hashtag and sees photos of his recent shows, some photos from fansites, and the list goes on. His eyes zero in on one tweet showing Kyuhyun leaving the premises of the shoot a mere 30 minutes ago. Ah, no wonder he was late.

 

It’s not as Yesung can’t understand his boyfriend’s tardiness. He knows how busy and in demand his workaholic boyfriend is, especially with producers and shows inviting him left and right. Yesung was actually very proud of his Kkuru, the little penguin who used to be so unsure of himself has now turned into a fierce leopard who is well-known in the industry. 

 

The only thing that makes Yesung sad is how their time together has shortened, especially with Kyuhyun’s filming starting early in the morning and ending very late at night. Super Junior’s group activities were also not as frequent as before and while he’s still amazed at how far they’ve gone to create individual names for themselves, Yesung admits that sometimes it’s lonely especially when he can’t see his boyfriend for days or even weeks on end. 

 

The backdoor downstairs chimes open audibly and Yesung’s thoughts stutter to a halt. The quiet night makes Jongjin’s greeting audible especially to his sensitive ears and Yesung immediately knows who has come in the middle of the night. The corner of Yesung’s pretty lips turns upward but his small hands continue to keep scrolling though, he has abandoned the empty cup of iced americano. Instead, he opted to place his hand beneath his chin, intending on hiding his happiness at seeing his boyfriend again. He’s known as a saint amongst fans for his patience and he is. He’s already promised to never hit Kyuhyun for his teasing and Kyuhyun has taken full advantage of it. He knows Kyuhyun never means harm and knows when to stop his teasing before it goes too far but this time Yesung resolves to complain and make the younger flustered with his teasing for once. Taking a deep breath, Yesung prepares his acting and decided to act angry with Kyuhyun, eyes not leaving his phone and trying hard to keep a neutral, annoyed look on his face even as he hears the sound of footsteps climbing up the stairs as quickly as possible. 

 

Okay, Show Time. 

 

“Yesungie hyung, sorry I’m late!” 

 

Kyuhyun’s cheerful chocolatey voice greets him but Yesung continues to scroll down social media, not even sparing a glance at his boyfriend who takes a seat opposite him. His lack of greeting clearly has destabilized Kyuhyun who somehow looks adorably confused.

 

Undeterred, the younger decided to take his arm from underneath his chin and Kyuhyun intertwines their hands, tugging Yesung’s arm in an effort to get his hyung’s attention to him. His eyes were furrowed further when Yesung didn’t even deign his little romantic move a glance. Yesung hyung usually loved it when they held hands, what’s happening?? 

 

“Hyung~” Yesung can see Kyuhyun’s pout from the corner of his eyes and he feels his heart melt but continues his little prank, coldly ignoring his boyfriend who he hears huff a bit at his actions.

 

“Yesung hyung…!” Kyuhyun’s voice rises indignantly at being ignored for the past few minutes and Yesung’s lips twitch dangerously, nearly betraying his mirth at his Kkuru’s cuteness but he steels himself for a bit longer, making a seemingly annoyed tsk sound instead, continuing to pretend that he was angry and that Kyuhyun was annoying him now. 

 

“Hyung, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter