fin.

Sing In May Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

Serena's words came to jinxed herself and the others as they ended up finding themselves covering for other participants on the day of the Sing In May event. Luckily, there were only a few acts that dropped out last minute so it wasn't that hard to find replacements for a majority of them. Of course, Gina pleaded for the group of six to help out with the remaining acts that the committee weren't able to find a replacement for.

"I blame you."

Melanie looked at her sister as Serena nodded with regret once the final practice run was over and they were free to spend the rest of their day however they would like until they needed to return for the actual show.

"Yes, I know, and I can't take it back."

"Well, that's just a good thing because Jasmine and I can continue to perform a little more."

Katherine chuckled as Serena rolled her eyes, but smiled in good-nature with an understanding nod. The group were currently hanging out in the Student Council's break room resting and snacking as it was a major treat from Gina due to their generous cooperation and help thus far in the school year. They didn't have to return home and could just stay as long as they wanted until the actual event took place later that evening.

"I mean, it's not that bad." Natty interjected with a smile as Jyurie agreed.

"Yeah, well, for us it's not that bad as Natty and I are only doing two extra performances on top of ours compared to the four of you."

"Even though those performances are with you guys, too."

Natty chuckled with the others joining in while eating lunch that Gina ordered and paid for. At the same time Jasmine had already counted the performances that she, Melanie, Katherine, and Serena were doing overall for the Sing In May.

"That makes it seven overall for the four of us. I mean, it was supposed to only be us doing We Are A Bit Different at first, but now STEP has been added to that list, too. Then there's the one with Jyurie doing Into the New World along with the newly added Mr.Mr. Then there's also the one with Natty doing Only One and now OOH-AHH having been added, too. Lastly a stage of Twinkle+Something with two other girls we've seen around campus needing assistance."

"Oh, yeah, poor Yooji and Jiyeon." Serena responded with a shake of her head as Melanie nodded.

"Mmhmm. the other four bailed at the last minute for whatever reason."

"Hmm, maybe it's because of Serena last Monday that scared them off." Katherine mused as Serena groaned.

"Don't remind me. Every time I walk by or something the others back up, turn the other way, or just run off."

"Is it bad to mention that there's several rumors going around that you're part of an overseas gang in different cities and countries?"

Jyurie spoke with a sheepish expression.

"Maybe we should just create fake syndicates for Serena." Katherine mused as Serena chuckled.

"Actually, that doesn't sound that bad now that I think about it."

"Or that if anyone looks into your eyes for more than three seconds that you'll become cursed?"

Natty also gave input with a sheepish chuckle

"Like Sadako from Kimi ni Todoke?" Melanie mused as Serena rolled her eyes.

"Sadako is from The Ring. Sawako is from Kimi ni Todoke."

"Oh, right, but there's a reference in it."

"Yeah.

Still they all laughed at the baseless rumors while Serena didn't mind one bit now that she was over it.

"Actually, that's not bad to be honest. Now I know people will leave me alone for good if these continue to spread."

"Of course she would enjoy that."

Jasmine commented before glancing at Melanie.

"Too bad you couldn't do the duet with Jaehyun in the end."

Melanie shrugged nonchalantly.

"I don't really mind honestly. I'm just glad that Herin got over her cold and that she will actually be performing tonight with him. I believe that her vocals suit his better than mine does, too."

"If you say so."

Just then Jasmine checked her phone with a grin and glanced at her sister.

"So, Katherine and I gotta go."

"Double date?"

Melanie grinned with a knowing look to both of them.

"Yeah, well, Jasmine and I are gonna check out this brewery place with Johnny and Taeil."

"That's cute."

"Well, Melanie, I gotta thank you for that literal push on Monday. So thank you."

Jasmine thanked Melanie as Melanie just waved a hand.

"Just doing what needed to be done. Anyways, the two of you have fun and see y'all later tonight."

The twins bid everyone goodbye before leaving to get ready for their date.

"Hmm, I should get going, too."

Jyurie spoke as she stood while gathering her things.

"I picked up a short shift a few minutes ago and just got confirmed for it."

"Go get that money."

Melanie cheered as Jyurie chuckled.

"Thanks. See ya later this evening. Bye."

Jyurie bid the trio before heading out shortly after the twins.

"So it's just the three of us now?"

Serena mused while looking over at the other two.

"Nope. Just you. Natty and I are meeting up with Namfon, Mint, Lisa, Sorn, and Minnie soon."

"Where's my invite?"

"You declined to go Thursday's night."

"Oh, right. I forget. Well, you two have fun."

"You can still come with us, Rena." Natty suggested with a cute smile.

"It'll be fun."

"Yeah, no thanks. I'm feeling too tired and already have my stuff here with me."

"Well, at least you'll be alone until later so maybe a nap will do you some good." Melanie remarked as Serena nodded in agreement.

"Heck yeah."

"Well, call us if you need any of us."

"Yup, yup."

"Let's go, Natty."

"Okay. Buh-bye, Rena."

Serena bid the pair goodbye before tidying up the mess on the table, refreshing herself in the restroom, and gathering her things to settle into one of the beds provided in the Student Council's break room to which hardly anyone outside the council uses it. This was one of the moments she appreciated Gina being the Student Council President to sleep comfortably without disturbances. Serena would have to thank her friend the next time she saw her before falling asleep shortly after.

"Jyurie, are you okay?" Natty asked as the group were getting ready for tonight's performances.

Jyurie was the only one that hadn't changed into her outfit for the 'Into the New World' performance. This caught the attention of the other four as they changed out of their 'Only One' outfits and into their own 'Into the New World" outfits.

"Jyurie?" The quartet spoke her name with concern.

Jyurie tearfully turned to face them as she held her outfit which had been torn up in several places. The quintet gasped as their eyes widened.

"What happened?"

"Who did this?"

"You're not hurt, right?"

"That's just so mean."

"Let me check this."

The quintet voiced as Melanie took the ripped clothing into her hands. She examined it carefully and even though it was ripped, it wasn't totally rui

Please log in to read the full chapter