final.

everlasting

 

“Aeri, you sure you don’t need a hand?” Jimin asked, wiping her wet hands with a clean cloth as her eyes followed Aeri’s retreating figure from the side. “I’m pretty much free until six.” added the woman, throwing the now-damp cloth on top of the table.

 

Her friend chuckled, shaking her head as she gently led her client to one of the studios in the parlor. “Nah, I’ll manage. You rest and tend the counter. See you in a bit, Rina.” Aeri answered with a smile, pushing the woman with flaring bright red hair — which was Aeri’s client for that day, further inside the dim room, fidgeting nervously and kept asking the tattoo artist if it wouldn’t hurt.

 

Jimin watched in amusement, hearing Aeri’s soft reassurance to the woman before the door of the studio was closed. After that, she let out a sigh before settling herself comfortably on the seat, taking out her phone; she decided to watch some random videos on Youtube to pass some time. She still got more than four hours to waste before her next client would appear and start their session.

 

She contemplated if she would just laze around or draw new designs so she could add them to their collection book for the customers to see. Maybe doodle on her arm again? Jimin let the thought pass, glancing at her exposed left arm full of tattoos — almost all the tattoos that were permanently inked on her skin were drawn by her own self, and some from Aeri.

 

Her right arm was pretty much clean, just some minimalist doodle on her forearm, and the word, ‘YOO’ on her upper arm. She was thinking of using her skin as a sheet again and treat the tattoo gun as her pen. But meh, she brushed off the urge, continuing to watch cute crocodile videos.

 

Fifteen minutes later, Jimin heaved a deep sigh, placing her phone away after connecting her phone to the wireless speakers around the shop, playing her Spotify playlist then stood up from her seat. She walked towards the table and grabbed a bottle from one of the racks attached on the wall, checking if there was still some black dye left in the bottle with a tissue. It was just a henna. Jimin finally surrendered to her urges and out of boredom, she thought of giving herself some temporary tattoos instead which was a good alternative to the permanent ink.

 

It was just a spur of a moment decision, and she wanted to practice some new drawings. She knew she wouldn’t be able to sleep well later at night if she would leave her tattoo parlor without a new tattoo on her skin.

 

However, when she was thinking of what design to draw, the front door of the shop opened which made Jimin turn in that direction immediately, placing the small applicator bottle on the table as she faced the customer.

 

“Hi, welcome to Black Mamba Ink. What can I do for you?” Jimin greeted, usual words of greeting whenever there was a customer or just potential customer — spilling out from .

 

By the door, there stood a petite woman, looking a little bit hesitant as she fully stepped inside the intimidating yet cozy tattoo parlor. Reluctance written all over her face, and the way she carefully waddled over further inside with hesitant small steps as she took a good look around the interior of the shop while her hands were tightly clasped together at her front — Jimin was slightly amused.

 

The woman was smaller than her, that was for sure, her body frame was really slim and petite; not skinny. Her smooth blonde hair was long with purple tips, looking freshly dyed. She was wearing an oversized, cozy blue sweater with a small heart patched on the right side of the chest part, tucked in faded denim mom jeans, and a pair of worn out converse. There was a red beanie covering her head that made her small yet sharp face even smaller.

 

She looked so lost in Jimin’s tattoo parlor, she didn’t belong in such a place like this. She was like a sunflower in the middle of a garden full of black roses and withered chrysanthemums. Damn, somehow, for some reason… the whole room suddenly became a little bit brighter and colorful because of the new presence.

 

Jimin pursed her lips together, suppressing herself to breathe out the word ‘cutie’. She succeeded, not wanting to scare away a potential client. She leaned on the edge of the table, waiting for the girl to respond.

 

After a moment of taking a good, brief glance at the whole parlor — the newcomer turned to Jimin and their eyes met. And nice, this woman had nice adorable doe eyes; hazelnut orbs sparkling. Jimin got to take a proper gawk at her.

 

Yeah, pretty cute.

 

“Uhm,” The blonde haired woman started off bashfully, giving Jimin a look. “I’m here to get a tattoo today.” said the newcomer, her voice was soft and shy but a little bit husky on the side.

 

Jimin offered her a smile, pushing herself from leaning against the table then walked to the counter. “Ah, then you’re in the right place, I guess. Surely enough, this is a tattoo parlor and not a flower shop.” lightly joked the taller woman to ease the stiff atmosphere around, taking the notebook from the drawer while still looking at the other woman in the room.

 

The woman in a baggy blue sweater was flustered but her shoulders went slump a little bit, looking more relaxed. Jimin rejoiced in the back of her head. Obviously, the woman in front of her was tense and Jimin was trying her best to make her feel at ease.

 

“Did you book an appointment today?” asked Jimin, flipping on the notebook, checking Aeri’s section to see if she got a client after that loud red haired girl named Yizhuo. She never really kept a track of Aeri’s sessions. However when she browsed, there was no name after Yizhuo.

 

Must be Mark’s? But it was Mark’s off that day—

 

“Oh, I did not,” The cute girl responded softly, a little bit dejected. “Am I supposed to? Sorry, it’s my first time going into this kind of place.” She looked embarrassed, her cheeks went pink.

 

Jimin giggled at her adorableness. It wasn’t surprising when she revealed that it was her first time going into a tattoo parlor to get a tattoo. She was really intrigued about what might have driven this person to get one. This woman in her pastel color outfit never gave Jimin a vibe or impression that she would ever attempt to get a tattoo in her whole life. Even in the slightest.

 

Customers like this were rare. And they never failed to amuse Jimin. They were usually the hesitant and nervous ones, backing off at the last minute. Hopefully, this cutie was determined and brave.

 

“Yeah, you need to avail a session first and not just straight away since most of the time, the tattoo artists are busy with clients and stuff. D’ya get what I mean?” elaborated Jimin gently. She didn’t know, but her voice was slightly softer while talking with this woman; like she wanted to match her… level? It was a reflex.

 

The blonde haired woman let out a small pout, looking gloomy and sad. Jimin wouldn’t let her be sad throughout the day though, she looked like she put a great effort to gather courage just to get here but was unfortunately faced with this rule.

 

Jimin closed the notebook then lightly leaned on the counter, giving the woman in front of her a big smile. “We don’t really usually accept walk-in clients but since I’m not too busy then I will accommodate you, gladly,” She added when the other one was about to open to speak, beating her on speaking first.

 

The girl lit up, but then, her eyes turned worried again; hesitant. Jimin could read this person’s eyes well, they were just so expressive.

 

“I’m Jimin but most people call me Karina, and I’ll be your tattoo artist for today if you would still like to push through a session.” Jimin smoothly introduced herself as she circled on the counter, facing the other woman without furniture between them — this time, Jimin stepped closer and realized that the blonde was really indeed inches smaller than her.

 

Hmm. Pocket-sized, not really… but she looked like one.

 

Jimin then offered her hand for a handshake, giving the shorter woman a knowing look and a lopsided smile. A signal for her to introduce herself back and thankfully, the other woman got the hint — holding her hand then shook it softly.

 

“My name is M-Minjeong, Kim Minjeong.”

 

Oh, Jimin thought. It was a pretty name. Very fitting for someone as cute as her.

 

The tattoo artist hummed, retreating her hand back because Minjeong might get weirded out if she wouldn’t let go of her hand after the handshake. “Nice to meet you, Minjeong,” She greeted, tucking her hands in the pockets of her black cargo pants. “Before we talk about tattoos though, let me ask you a question.”

 

Minjeong looked at her, tilting her head a bit, her eyes sparkled even more; curious at her question. She looked like a puppy. Minjeong reminded Jimin of a maltese puppy.

 

“Are you sure you’re not a middle schooler?” asked Jimin, finally, after a beat of silence. It was half serious, and half joke, actually.

 

Well, Minjeong looked like a baby! Jimin just wanted to make sure she wasn’t going to give a middle schooler a tattoo. Their shop had a rule that anyone below seventeen and below were not able to get a tattoo unless the parents themselves would talk to the tattoo artists and give them their permission.

 

Minjeong did not look offended, probably used to it as she just chuckled weakly. “I get that a lot,” Minjeong responded with a small smile on her lips. “I’m already twenty-one.” The woman confirmed that she was already an adult.

 

Jimin’s eyes widened, twenty-one!? Wow. She was just a year younger than Jimin then. Interesting. Minjeong really looked like she was just in high school but then, she had this mature aura that hinted to Jimin that she was definitely above eighteen already. A gut feel.

 

“Great to hear,” The tattoo artist said, walking to the side, gesturing for Minjeong to take a seat. The younger woman obeyed, awkwardly sitting on the leathered couch as she kept gawking around the place like a kid who was in her friend’s house for the first time.

 

“So, what kind of tats do you have in mind? Or nothing yet? I can help you.” Jimin continued, approaching the table, ready to get the book full of tattoo designs if Minjeong hadn’t still decided what tattoo to have.

 

Minjeong looked up, tilting her chin to meet her gaze. “I already have one in mind.” She replied with a small voice. Jimin gave her a nod, urging her to continue and describe the design. “Uhm. Just minimalist. A crescent moon with a cat resting on it.” She tried her best to describe what she wanted then pulled out her phone, probably to show Jimin the exact design. So, she had already decided — it looked like she thought of it very well, too.

 

The blonde haired woman then showed her the design, Jimin bent her back a bit to stare and study it. Awwe, it was a very cute and simple tattoo! Expected from someone soft looking like Minjeong.

 

“I can definitely do that,” Jimin assured with a small nod after a few moments of taking a good look at it then turned to Minjeong. “Where do you want me to put it?”

 

Minjeong put her phone on the space beside her, pulling the sleeve of her sweater, right side. Jimin intently stared at her. The blonde woman pointed at the spot on her wrist, just the side of the pulse. “Here,” She directed and glanced at the tattoo artist. “Please, just a small one. Like this.” Using her fingers, Minjeong showed the size she wanted and Jimin nodded along.

 

“Alright. This one is going to be easy as pie. It won’t take long too. Just twenty minutes or so.” said Jimin, flexing her fingers, checking the time. Ah, Aeri was still probably far from getting almost finished. “I’ll just inform my co-artist and prepare my stuff then we’re good to go.”

 

Minjeong panicked a bit, Jimin noticed that. With a smile, she reached for Minjeong’s head, patting her beanie cladded head. “Hey, it’s alright. You can think about it thoroughly while I arrange some stuff.” She softly cooed. “This is something to think about really deeply since until your very last breath, it’ll be inked on your skin.”

 

Ah, Jimin wasn’t usually this soft to her clients. Yes, she would reassure some hesitant and scared ones but she had never said something quite gentle like this. She never got annoyed even one bit at Minjeong and never thought they were wasting time.

 

The blonde was stunned for a bit and Jimin just chuckled, walking to Aeri’s studio with a smile. Actually very excited to be the one who would do Minjeong’s first tattoo ever. For some reason, she felt honored.

 

***

 

Minjeong was never the type of girl who would get tattoos. Sure, it looked cool but the idea of getting that certain drawing inked on her skin for the rest of her life terrified her. At first it was, she grew up in a conservative family that raised her that having tattoos would make you look a criminal — slowly, that perception changed as she grew up.

 

Tattoos meant a lot to many people. That was why they got it. Minjeong slowly understood and started to get tempted by the thought of getting one, just a small one! She was an adult now after all and her parents would surely won’t have a say in this anymore. They would scold her, yes but she was a grown up that could make decisions for herself.

 

So, when her best friend, Yujin, got herself some matching tattoos with her long-time girlfriend, Minjoo; a small dog paw tattoo on their ankles which represented their child (a dog), Azzo — Minjeong got tempted, like an apple to Eve.

 

For weeks, she thought of it deeply and eventually, she decided to push through; walking in Black Mamba Ink with a bag of courage she gathered for a long time that almost vanished in an instant once she realized that she was in a tattoo parlor and she was getting inked, permanently. It didn’t help that she embarrassed herself, not knowing that she was supposed to book an appointment for a session.

 

Well, she didn’t even ask Yujin nor Minjoo about it since she wanted to surprise the couple and shock them! They actually asked Minjeong before if she wanted to tag along and get a tattoo but of course, Minjeong blatantly refused — only to get swayed after seeing the result.

 

Ooh, girl… Chaewon, her older sister, would definitely laugh at her and call that her late ‘rebellious phase’.

 

Okay back to tattoos. Minjeong was actually going to back out once she got a good look around the place. It was cozy and so homey, it didn’t even look like a tattoo parlor but more like… a coffee shop? Just a little bit darker. The place smelt like coffee and ink. However, when she saw the pictures of the tattoos all over the place, Minjeong shrunk.

 

This place wasn’t for her. It intimidated her. But then…

 

Her eyes met with Karina — Jimin’s onyx orbs — the very beautiful, insanely attractive, smoldering hot, terrifyingly gorgeous tattoo artist, oh Christ, she was frozen and couldn’t find her will to turn around and scurry off from that place.

 

Damn, Minjeong and her gay . Because of that, she stayed somewhat.

 

Jimin’s assurance fully lured her in. Minjeong was unable to back out and just pushed through, bravely.

 

And now, they were here. In Jimin’s dim studio. Minjeong kept looking around as she sat on the comfortable chair. The place was surprisingly neat and it was air-conditioned. Minjeong just stared at the huge drawing of a head of a shark with its jaw wide open that was hung on the wall, framed.

 

Jimin was over the desk, fumbling over something. Minjeong stared at her, her eyes lingered on their own.

 

The tattoo artist was tall, and slim — her body figure was perfect, curvy that made Minjeong a little bit envious. The black pants hugged the taller woman’s wide hips, and long legs. Jimin was just wearing a black sleeveless crop top that exposed a lot of skin, showing off the magnificent and beautiful tattoos scattered around her pale skin. And her long silky jet black hair that was down like cascading waterfall earlier was tied up into a messy bun now, with her side bangs tucked behind her pierced ears.

 

Somehow, seeing the tattoos on Jimin made Minjeong a little bit relieved and bolder. She continued to stare, her sharp gaze roaming around.

 

Jimin was not entirely covered in tattoos, actually. There were just a lot on her left arm; the skin there was almost covered by tattoos but other than that, there were just some on the right arm, and Minjeong noticed a small simple heart shaped tattoo on her neck, just beside her jaw and below her ear then on her nape, there was a word that Minjeong could barely read.

 

Written in cursive, ‘forever’.

 

Minjeong squinted her eyes, trying to read it clearly but Jimin turned around, holding something that looked like a small piece of paper. “Alright. I already created a stencil for the design. Is the size good enough?” She then showed it to Minjeong.

 

The blonde woman checked it and nodded silently. Jimin smiled, and it highlighted the eye-catching beauty mark just below her plump lips. She then gently reached for Minjeong’s hand, rolling up the sleeves herself, and the blonde could feel her cheeks warming up.

 

Jimin placed the stencil on the right spot after cleaning the area then peeled it off after a few moments. Minjeong stared at the blue temporary drawing that would serve as a guide for later.

 

The tattoo artist glanced at her. “One last time, Minjeong-ssi,” She whispered, eyeing her intently. “You can still back out if you want while we’re still not yet starting. So, continue or nah?”

 

Minjeong in a breath, chewing on her bottom lip as she fidgeted on the seat. She had already decided and she had come this far! She shouldn’t waste Jimin’s hard work like this.

 

“Continue. Please.” Minjeong said but it came out as a squeak instead. She was really nervous however, determined to finally get that tattoo!

 

Jimin grinned at her, reaching for her, and patted her head adoringly again. “Hmm. Brave.” lightly teased the tattoo artist which made Minjeong blush furiously, a little bit flustered at the sudden action which caught her off guard again. Does Jimin love to pat her other clients’ heads too before the start of the session? To make them feel better?

 

Finally, Jimin put on some gloves and fixed the tattoo gun. The sight of the needle horrified Minjeong, her heart was beating loudly.

 

The tattoo artist sat on the smaller chair beside her, gently taking her wrist again, settling it on the small table between them. “It might sting, but don’t worry. It’ll be over before you can even process it. I’ll be quick.” Jimin assured her once again, grinning at Minjeong.

 

The blonde woman got distracted for a bit, nodding dumbly at Jimin which made the latter chuckle huskily, focusing on tattoo-ing — shifting into serious and professional mode. Minjeong was in awe, watching Jimin work.

 

Ow.

 

Yeah, it kind of stung.

 

Minjeong had a low pain tolerance. And hated needles. It was one of the major reasons why she was very reluctant to get a tattoo. It hurt.

 

She let out a small wince when the tip of the needle moved, and Jimin immediately glanced at her, worried. Minjeong immediately said, “Don’t mind me and just do your work. I’ll be fine. Just have a low pain tolerance but I can manage.”

 

With one last affirmative look, Jimin continued to gently do her work.

 

Minjeong distracted herself by staring around, trying her very best to ignore the painful, stinging sensation near her wrist. Jimin’s gentle hold around her wrist to steady her helped too. Her eyes landed on the tattoo artist’s tattoo-cladded arms.

 

The most noticeable tattoo was definitely the snake wrapped around Jimin’s left arm. And it was quite scary yet at the same time, stunning. It was the biggest tattoo, unless Jimin was hiding something more huge than that?

 

“Is that a python?” Minjeong finally asked, eyeing the snake tattoo.

 

Jimin paused momentarily to glance at her arm then to Minjeong, subtly smiling before she continued to do her work. “No,” She answered with a chuckle. “It’s a black mamba.”

 

Minjeong nodded in acknowledgement. The same as Jimin’s tattoo parlor’s name. Hmm, black mambas were one of the most deadly and venomous snakes in the world. Was there a meaning behind it? Minjeong was too shy to ask, thinking that it was a little bit personal. Her eyes just shifted on Jimin’s right forearm, seeing that there was a cool tattoo that she couldn’t read at all, she took a peek.

 

“How about that? What’s that?” Minjeong asked like a curious kid in a museum, her eyes were glimmering as she pointed at the tattoo. Even rubbing at it gently with her fingertip.

 

Jimin went tense, thankfully she wasn’t using the gun and having a short pause, ignoring how the lightfeather touch sent electricity all over her existence, checking the tattoo that the blonde was pointing at. “Oh, it’s ‘SAVAGE’. I’m the one who drew it to myself, actually.” answered the woman, then continued to do her work.

 

Minjeong gasped at that, leaning closer a bit, intrigued. She caught a whiff of Jimin’s scent and oh, she was mildly surprised that Jimin smelt vanilla and coffee. She didn’t smell like ink at all or anything strong.

 

“That’s pretty dope,” Minjeong complimented softly, still breathing heavily out of nervousness and slight pain though.

 

She was sure she was just seeing things when Jimin blushed a bit, hanging her head down low to avert her gaze and focused on the tattoo. “Thanks.” murmured the taller woman shortly. “Anyway, this tattoo… does it mean something to you?” She then threw a question after clearing .

 

Minjeong smiled at the tattoo artist. “I had a pet cat before. Her name was Luna since I found her in the middle of the night. And well, she died recently and yeah… I just love her so much and this tattoo will remind me of my sweet cat until I die.” She whispered, her voice trailing off.

 

Jimin did not say anything, just smiling sadly at the blonde woman. “It’s almost done.” She announced after a few minutes.

 

Minjeong felt her breath hitch when the last stung more painfully. Jimin lowered down the tattoo machine, checking out the new masterpiece she made before turning to the blonde woman who was eyeing the cute tattoo permanently inked on her wrist.

 

Jimin stood up from her seat after applying an ointment on Minjeong’s new tattoo and carefully put a bandage to cover it up. Minjeong turned her attention to her and their eyes met once again.

 

The tattoo artist gave her a smirk before whispering, “Good girl.”

 

Minjeong’s heart stopped beating, and she forgot how to breathe. She definitely looked like a ripe tomato that moment. Oh, lord. Minjeong just gazed at Jimin hotly.

 

With a chuckle, Jimin cleaned her stuff and removed her gloves as she lectured Minjeong about taking care of it. Even giving her a free ointment.

 

Minjeong was still in a slight daze when she settled the payment with Jimin by the counter, very careful about her newly tattoo-ed wrist, getting paranoid already.

 

“You were really brave back there, Minjeong-ssi.” Jimin commented with a genuine, attractive smile. Damn it.

 

The blonde woman her lower lip, nodding bashfully. “Thank you, Karina-ssi—”

 

“Just call me by my real name, which is Jimin.”

 

Minjeong blinked before slowly nodding, “...—Jimin-ssi. I really appreciate your reassurance and being patient with me.” She softly said, and Jimin just shrugged it off.

 

They had a final look with each other until Minjeong bid her goodbye and thanks, awkwardly greeting Aeri too who came out from the studio — after that, the blonde woman finally exited Black Mamba Ink.

 

Both have heavy hearts. For Jimin, her heart suddenly felt really heavy because Minjeong already went home and they only spent a short hour together. And For Minjeong, her heart went gloomy because of the fact that she was going home.

 

As Minjeong walked down to the street on the way home, she couldn’t erase the image of Jimin and her ing attractive tattoos, the stinging sensation on her newly tattoo-ed wrist was long forgotten.

 

***

 

With a sigh, Jimin turned to the clock, seeing that she still had some spare hours until her next client. She lazily went to the couch, and plopped herself down there, and damn; she could still smell a faint scent of baby powder mixed with bubblegum around the shop. Minjeong’s smell.

 

Aeri silently sat on the space just by her feet then glanced at her, “That walk-in client of yours,” There was a teasing tone in her voice that made Jimin roll her eyes.

 

“I just found her cute.” Jimin admitted and Aeri guffawed.

 

“Oh, sure. Why are you being such a sad girl then?” The younger tattoo artist asked, wiggling her brows.

 

Jimin hissed at her, throwing a cushion to Aeri’s face. “Stop it. I’m not. Just exhausted.”

 

“Did that cute blonde girl in an oversized blue sweater make you almost break your rule? Ah, the legendary; ‘I will never date a client’ rule?” Aeri continued to and it was getting annoying because she was freaking right! And she was willing to break that rule she had set for herself for Minjeong.

 

“And damn, there’s a visible tension between you two!”

 

Jimin threw her middle finger, not able to deny it, which made the younger tattoo artist chuckle wholeheartedly. They continued to talk about Minjeong since Aeri was being persistent and kept asking about her.

 

Okay, fine, Jimin kind of liked her. Kim Minjeong intrigued her and amused her which caught her attention. Ah, it was just a simple one-day petty crush on her client that she would probably never meet again.

 

She shouldn’t sulk over this. Wait, she wasn’t sulking over this! Aeri was just telling Jimin that she was really quiet and sad throughout the day.

 

When Jimin got home and slept that night. She dreamt of a woman with blonde hair with purple tips — and well, a black cat resting on the moon.

 

***

 

Seriously, Jimin didn’t expect Minjeong to come back anymore or just drop by. Judging from their short session before, that tattoo would be probably Minjeong’s first and last.

 

But then, not even a month later, Minjeong entered the parlor — the latter was still hesitant but unlike before, she didn’t look terrified or anything anymore and was less tense.

 

Jimin was drinking her iced coffee behind the counter the moment the door opened and revealed Minjeong — the woman who kept haunting her dreams and daydreams. The tattoo artist almost choked on her coffee.

 

This time — Minjeong was wearing a yellow tee that was bigger than her frame, black shorts, and her converse shoes from last time. There was a ballcap resting on top of her head too, and Jimin could barely meet Minjeong’s eyes because the brim was covering them.

 

“I’m here to book an appointment.” Minjeong straightly said when she walked to the counter, looking at Jimin with her usual sparkly eyes.

 

Jimin was shocked but she remained composed, trying to act cool. She could feel Aeri’s surprised and teasing gaze from the couch already. “Well, hello there, Minjeong-ssi. I never thought you would go here again.” Jimin’s grin was big and sheepish.

 

Minjeong was slightly shocked. “You… remember me?”

 

Jimin chuckled, snorting at her. “Of course. You gave me an everlasting impression, Miss Kim.” She responded with a wink and she was satisfied when she saw that Minjeong started to blush. “Tattoo? Again? Huh… you’re braver than I expected.” teased the woman.

 

The blonde haired woman just scratched her flushed cheek. “Yeah. I don’t know, really. I was surprised as well when I suddenly wanted to have another one.” She replied with a small voice then cleared , “Anyway, yeah. I think it’ll just only take one session too. When are you free, Jimin-ssi? I want you to do it.” She said, her tone was slightly confident.

 

Hearing that, Jimin couldn’t even be more ecstatic but then her happiness didn’t last long since she was fully packed that day and tomorrow. “I’m pretty booked these days so I’m afraid I can’t do it sooner.” She said sadly and then, a bright light bulb appeared in her head. She lit up, playing it cool as she said, “Can I get your number? I’ll just text you to inform you when I’m free so we can settle your schedule.”

 

Minjeong quickly wrote down her number on the notebook, double checking it. “Here. Please just message me. I’m free all this week.” She said, pushing the notebook towards Jimin lightly.

 

“What tattoo this time?” Jimin couldn’t help but to ask with a broad grin. She was so happy that she came up with an idea and got Minjeong’s number even though it wasn’t necessary! She was free in two days, nothing in her schedule but she did not mention that at all for the sake of getting the blonde’s number.

 

Smartass.

 

There was just no way Jimin would let Minjeong slip fast like before.

 

Minjeong smiled at her, “It’s a snowflake but it can be a star. A little bit bigger than the one on my wrist. And I want it on my chest.” She explained, and Jimin was slightly confused — her face must have probably shown that which made the blonde chuckle. “I’ll just send the picture to you once you tell me when you are free.”

 

Jimin nodded, agreeing, but she was in slight daze because of what she had heard from Minjeong. On her chest? Well, damn. Good luck, Yoo Jimin.

 

“Okay. I’ll message you as soon as possible.”

 

Minjeong flashed her a charming smile. “I’ll wait.”

 

***

 

Unknown Number:

 

hi, this is karina or jimin or whatever. ur tattoo artist from black mamba ink.

 

is this u, minjeong?

 

Minjeong:

 

Ah hello! I was waiting for your text.

 

I thought you won’t send a message until next week tbh

 

Jimin:

 

haha! sorry for keeping you waiting

 

anyway, im pretty much free in three days

 

a client suddenly cancelled an appointment so yea

 

sounds good to u?

 

Minjeong:

 

See you on Friday, Jimin :)

 

***

 

Jimin was so excited to meet Minjeong again, she couldn’t wait.

 

After their lovely conversation about their schedule, Jimin actually made the conversation long by asking about the tattoo design she wanted. She also asked the size, suggesting sizes that might suit her.

 

Minjeong asked her what to wear in the session. Jimin was confused at first but then, oh yeah, on the chest. The tattoo artist could already imagine Minjeong blushing as she composed that message to Jimin. And it made her chuckle.

 

Jimin just suggested that she wear a button up shirt and a sports bra or tube top underneath. And somehow, it made Jimin a little bit… blushy after sending that reply to Minjeong.

 

Jimin and Minjeong continued to text after that, not about the upcoming session anymore but just everything about their own selves. Jimin slowly learned a lot about Minjeong and vice versa.

 

Jimin learned that Minjeong was a kendo player before. Jimin learned that Minjeong was an Engineering student, currently in her last year of university. Jimin learned that Minjeong loved the winter season and couldn’t wait for it. Jimin learned that Minjeong could sing fairly and was an idol trainee before.

 

Minjeong learned that Jimin loved to draw and doodle. Minjeong learned that Jimin discovered her passion for tattoo art when she was twelve. Minjeong learned that Jimin got her first tattoo when she was only thirteen and it was a small heart on her left hand. Minjeong learned that Jimin’s most tattoos hold deeper meaning and behind some of them, there were stories.

 

It was nice, really. Getting to know each other well and both were comfortable. And because of that Jimin could admit that her interest in Minjeong skyrocketed even more, learning how much of a wonderful woman the blonde was.

 

It seriously stirred something in her chest. As if a flower bloomed in her heart.

 

Jimin shrugged it off, just enjoying the weird yet flowery sensation the recent happenings could make her feel. It tingled, the feelings. And Jimin thought that it wasn’t really unwelcomed.

 

Friday came and both couldn’t help but to be excited. Minjeong appeared at exact one in the afternoon, sharp — wearing a white button up shirt, black fitted leggings, and her usual shoes. Her hair, which was black now with white tips, was tied up into a ponytail.

 

Damn. Looking gorgeous as ever. Jimin stared longer than intended. Hopefully, Mark and Aeri did not catch her whipped stare.

 

When Jimin led Minjeong to her studio, Mark and Aeri were giving her teasing looks from the couch — the tattoo artist just gave them a death glare, poking her tongue out as she closed the door.

 

“I already made a stencil for your tattoo,” Jimin said after clearing , walking to the desk — the stencil was already ready.

 

Minjeong nodded, sitting on the chair as she fiddled the first button of her shirt. “Uhm, will I take my shirt off now?” asked the woman innocently.

 

Jimin almost tripped on nothing. “Ah yes, please. You can just half of them and just expose your chest and shoulders.” She instructed, feeling drying up when she witnessed Minjeong her shirt, obeying her. She immediately averted her gaze.

 

Ah, Karina Yoo Jimin, snap out of it and be professional! And hey, you’re not a panicked gay!

 

Jimin coughed, taking the stencil and finally turned around back again. She was greeted by Minjeong’s exposed creamy skin. Damn, she had a nice complexion. Her shoulders weren’t broad but lord… her collarbones were firm and proud though — she was wearing a black tube top.

 

Heh, Jimin tried her best not to look down and averted her gaze almost immediately when her eyes landed on Minjeong’s cleavage for a brief moment. The tips of her ears must be flaring red now, , hopefully — Minjeong would not notice them.

 

Minjeong was lying on the chair and staring at the ceiling, looking stiff but she tried her best to relax. However, once Jimin suddenly hovered a bit on top of her and started to gently clean the spot where they would do the tattoo — Minjeong was once again a nervous mess.

 

Jimin gently placed the stencil, waiting for a few moments. Their eyes met briefly and there were sparks. The tattoo artist peeled off the stencil afterwards, and started to do her work.

 

When the needle lightly pierced her skin, Minjeong almost jolted up and jumped away from the chair but she stayed still, glaring at the ceiling. She was actually staring at Jimin in her peripheral vision.

 

“Relax. Just relax, Minjeong.” They had long dropped the formalities already.

 

Minjeong gulped, pursing her lips together and just braced herself. It was more painful than the one on her wrist and this one was a bigger tattoo too. She clenched her fists awkwardly at the side.

 

Jimin glanced at her, she was also having a little hard time since Minjeong was so freaking distracting. It was not really helping that she was aware that she was currently tattoo-ing Minjeong’s chest. The latter decided to put it just below her collarbone on the left side.

 

To distract herself and Minjeong, she started to throw questions. “Why did you suddenly want another tattoo?”

 

The shorter woman hummed, “I realized that they’re quite pretty and not that bad at all.” She answered shortly, tilting her head a bit on the side to gawk at her. Jimin could feel herself sweating, her hand was trembling a bit but she couldn’t afford to mess up.

 

Minjeong winced, whimpering a bit; eyebrows scrunched together. Jimin looked at her, concerned. “Should I stop for a moment?”

 

“No. Just continue.” Minjeong firmly replied so Jimin obliged.

 

The tattoo artist eyed the black ink, tainting Minjeong’s creamy skin permanently. It was a beautiful sight. “So… what’s with this symbol? Why did you pick this design this time?”

 

Minjeong took a deep breath first before answering, “Snowflake. I was born in winter and it’s my favorite season while star… I always loved and admired the stars.” She chuckled afterwards.

 

Jimin just caught herself smiling at Minjeong before continuing to focus on tattoo-ing her, catching small breaks in between. Her hands were starting to get clammy. Minjeong kept the conversation alive though, telling her about constellations, and even though Jimin wasn’t into those things, she found it interesting. And the way Minjeong softly and happily told her about stars… it was endearing.

 

“Oh, you got yourself a new tat,” Minjeong suddenly stopped talking about the Orion constellation, distracted. Jimin glanced at where the shorter woman was looking at, and oh, it was on her right arm. “And it’s the same as mine.”

 

The tattoo artist blushed, caught off guard. She forgot to cover it up!

 

Yes, Jimin got herself a new tattoo and it was the same as Minjeong’s first. The moon and cat one. It was on her upper arm. She just got bored, alright? Minjeong’s tattoo was really just cute so without thinking much, she also drew one on her before she could even catch her own self.

 

Jimin cleared . “Yeah, I found the design cute. I hope you won’t mind?” She nervously blabbered. She didn’t know what excuse to say.

 

Minjeong looked at her as if she was ridiculous before breaking into a huge grin. “It’s not my original design anyway. There’s nothing wrong with it,” She answered softly then giggled. “It’s pretty cute, right?” excitedly asked the woman afterwards that put Jimin into ease.

 

They just talked to each other, sharing stories and stuff. It was a lighthearted conversation.

 

However, things kind of went… intense when Jimin continued her work and Minjeong was getting hurt — instinctively, Minjeong suddenly reached for Jimin’s lap, clutching on her thigh that made the tattoo artist freeze a bit, waiting for Minjeong to take her hand away but no… she did not, staying there so Jimin continued, trying to ignore that hand on her thigh that was making her sweat.

 

It turned worse when Minjeong suddenly started to caress, out of her mind, and trying to distract herself.

 

Jimin’s jaw clenched, her grip on the machine was tighter as she felt shivers running down to her spine as Minjeong caressed her clothed thigh lovingly and soothingly. It was maddening, really. For sure, the shorter woman finally realized what she was doing but did not stop at all.

 

Minjeong hissed, feeling a sharp sting on her chest. “Ow.” She murmured, biting her lower lip, gripping on Jimin’s thigh tightly, her blunt nails digging into the denim clad skin.

 

The tattoo artist hummed deeply, looking at Minjeong straight in the eyes with great intensity. “Just relax, my brave, good girl.” She mumbled under her breath, but it was crystal clear to Minjeong’s ears.

 

The words made her go stiff as a statue. Jimin giggled darkly at her reaction.

 

“Your heartbeat’s pace is still the same as when I just started. It’s even getting quicker.” Jimin commented huskily, the corner of her lip tugged upward before focusing on the tattoo.

 

Minjeong almost choked at her own saliva. Her breath turned even more uneven and heavier.

 

There was a tension around the dim studio.

 

Gulping, Minjeong was going to retreat her hand already but when she lifted it up, her hand just hit Jimin’s abdomen — since the tattoo artist was leaning, her back was bent so her hand was slightly trapped on Jimin’s middle.

 

Jimin growled, breathless, “Just let it stay on my thigh. It’s alright.”

 

So, Minjeong did, albeit a little bit reluctant as if she wasn’t caressing Jimin’s thigh comfortably just a few seconds ago. It was a habit! Minjeong loved to caress her own thigh if she was distracted or nervous.

 

Finally, after an hour, the tattoo was perfectly well-done.

 

Although Jimin had a little hard time because of Minjeong, she did well. She was proud of it. She helped Minjeong silently clean it and put a bandage to cover it before wearing her shirt again but she did not button them — Jimin silently took the matter with her own hands, buttoning Minjeong’s shirt while directly looking at her.

 

It burned. Their gazes to each other burn, and flames of desire ignited behind their glimmering orbs. They wanted each other, and it wasn’t a secret.

 

So once Jimin buttoned the second button, Minjeong pulled her for a scorching, desperate kiss.

 

Jimin was surprised, actually. That Minjeong was the one who would surrender first like this. Whew. Who would know that she got this within her! No complaints though. Jimin had wanted this more than Minjeong, probably.

 

Jimin kissed back with the same fervour, pulling the petite woman closer to her carefully by wrapping her arm around her slim waist, not fully flushing their bodies together because of Minjeong’s new tattoo and still stinging chest.

 

The tattoo artist held Minjeong’s waist tight as she glided her lips over the younger woman’s lower lip before biting it which earned a delighted moan from her. Jimin used this chance to insert her tongue, deepening the kiss even more.

 

It was getting hot in the studio as the pair passionately made out — pouring their frustration and pent up feelings for each other. Ever since they first met, they knew there was a spark between them. Both were insanely attracted to each other and when they were given a second chance to meet; they grabbed the opportunity wisefully.

 

Minjeong supported herself by holding on Jimin’s bicep, tracing the skin there, trying to feel her tattoos.

 

After a minute, it was Jimin who pulled away, finally getting her head straight. Minjeong tried to chase her lips but Jimin placed a finger on her lips, grinning at her mischievously. “Calm down, baby,”

 

Minjeong went even redder.

 

“Okay,” Jimin puffed out a breath, running her fingers through her slightly messy hair as she panted lightly. In the middle of the make out, Minjeong just managed to take her hair tie away. “That’s… intense. Wow. I never thought you’d do that.” commented the woman with a smile, caressing Minjeong’s hips.

 

Minjeong averted her gaze, just carefully and softly pressing her body to the tattoo artist and rested her head on the taller woman’s shoulders. “I’m sorry. I kind of lost it. Got caught in the moment and God,” She paused, taking a deep breath, a little bit embarrassed. “You don’t know how much I wanted you when we first met. So, I guess I snapped after more than an hour of torture feeling you close against me.”

 

Jimin giggled huskily, pressing a kiss on Minjeong’s head. “We’re the same then. I took a liking to you when we first met.” She whispered then chuckled afterwards, “We’re moving too fast, eh? Can’t control ourselves.”

 

Minjeong pouted, her lips lightly grazing over Jimin’s skin then leaned away a bit, eyeing the small heart tattoo. She then suddenly bit Jimin’s neck and the latter’s breath hitched. “Hmm. Can’t help it.” Minjeong murmured against her skin, lightly, and nipping the spot she had gently bitten.

 

Jimin held back, just tightening her hold. Holy . This woman was torturing her. Who would know that she was a confident one?

 

“I think we should talk about this…” whispered Minjeong after she was satisfied with the temporary tattoo she had given to Jimin.

 

Jimin hummed weakly and tiredly, hugging Minjeong closer. “Oh, we should.”

 

When the both of them left the studio, Aeri was there but Mark wasn’t — probably in a session. The younger tattoo artist just stared at them from the side while they settled the payment, not saying anything and just swept the floor with a broom.

 

Aeri just gave them a dirty look from the side. Jimin stuck her tongue out to her best friend before pulling Minjeong outside the shop, away from prying eyes and ears.

 

With a snort, Aeri continued sweeping the floor while smiling to herself. Pretending that she did not see the huge red mark on the base of Jimin’s neck.

 

***

 

A/N: welp, i hope you liked it! the pacing is fast but theyre pretty bold here so yeah lmfao anyway please share your thoughts by dropping a comment. upvotes are well-appreciated too.

 

stay safe as always!

 

( you guys can find me on twitter: @rosesrunaway_ )