fin.

jealousy jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was exactly eight o'clock in the evening by the time Jisoo Kim arrived at the venue. The venue was big enough to support a lot of people coming in. There, she stood as she subtly moved to glance at a person who she hoped to see.

In the midst of the crowd, a blonde-haired woman saw her and smiled. She turned to her company, murmuring something in her ear with a smile plastered all over her lips. It took her a couple of seconds before she finally moved her feet, and shouted through the crowd. "Sooya, you came!" 

Then Jisoo turned. She never particularly liked loud people, but in this case, Lalisa Manoban, the one who called her just now, is an exception. A smile crawled into her lips before she made her way.

"Lisa, hey!" She opened her arms and, without a beat, Lisa hugged her tightly, as she predicted. 

"I miss you! I'm so glad you came!"

"Of course." 

Lisa flashed a smile. Her teeth were showing before she turned her back on Jisoo to call on someone. Jisoo hummed, following where Lisa's gaze was located, and there, she saw a familiar person she had seen during her time at Seoul College, but particularly didn't talk to.

"Jennie Kim?" Jisoo hadn't realized she had said that out loud. 

Lisa hummed, waiting for the feline eyes to come over, and when Jennie did. Lisa had this bright smile plastered all over her lips as she laced her hand through Jennie's waist and proudly introduced Jennie.

"Jisoo. This is my girlfriend, Jennie, and Jennie, this is Jisoo. Chaeyoung's bestfriend!" 

Lisa's voice was loud enough for them to hear, but Jisoo was totally sure it was so loud enough for the people at the back to hear. Jisoo raises an eyebrow in amusement before she offers her hand with a smile at Jennie.

"Lisa has talked so much about you, Jisoo." 

"Good things, I hope." Jennie laughed at that, which made Jisoo jokingly narrow her eyes at Lisa, who only grinned at the side.

"I'm parched." Jennie blurted out all of a sudden. "I should go fetch some water. Lisa, do you want one? Jisoo?"

"I'm okay, babe."

"I'm fine, Jennie."

"Alright." Jennie says, smiling at the two women before she excuses herself. 

Jisoo's eyes shifted and there, she saw Lisa was still staring with a smile all over her lips. She smiled a little.

"Lovesick, aren't you?"

"She's the best, Sooya."

"Mhmm... I'm happy for you, Lis."

Silence. Despite the unnecessary noises in their background, there was silence between them, and in that silence, Jisoo wondered if she could ever find the one. The one she could spend her remaining time with.

"How about you?" 

"What about me?"

"You and Chaeyoung. You guys fought."

Jisoo doesn't answer. Instead, she looked down at her fidgeted fingers. It was true. Chaeyoung and her fought a few days ago, but she wasn't sure why. It wasn't clear why, because Chaeyoung was just so confusing.

"Who's R?" 

Jisoo hummed, not quite getting what Chaeyoung had just asked. Both of them were in the living room, shoulders pressed together as both of their eyes were glued to the television. Today was movie marathon day and by marathon movie, it means they're watching anything that is related to Disney.

"I said, who's R?"

Jisoo blinked before she distanced herself to look at Chaeyoung, who had already looked. Chaeyoung’s voice was sour. Her eyes were cold and it was rare for the rays of sunshine to all of a sudden look and speak to her like that. Jisoo was sure her face was so confused that she gave Chaeyoung a look.

"What? What are you talking about?" Jisoo questions, still unaware.

A frustrated sigh escaped from Chaeyoung's lips, and it made Jisoo wonder what the hell she had done to cause Chaeyoung to act like that. 

"What's wrong, Chaeyoung?"

"Nothing."

"That doesn't seem like nothing." 

Chaeyoung's jaw tightened, almost annoyingly, and unfortunately, that didn't go unnoticed by Jisoo. What was wrong? She was sure the necklace she brought during her time back in Amsterdam had nothing to do with her best friend. Well, it did, but that was another story. Jisoo bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter