Always room for one more

Pillow Fort Sort Of Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Really random but I also really really liked building pillow forts and such as a kid. I am not sure if that’s a thing most kids like or not but lol it was like my safe space or a safe space for me, so that’s kinda what triggered this. I hope you can find some enjoyment in this though, and happy Seulrene day!




 

With the sound of a door being slammed shut and a dark-haired woman just getting home from what to be one of the most terrible days of work she had in a long time. Bae Joohyun sighed heavily and dropped her briefcase onto the nearest couch. There’s only one thing that will make her better when she’s had a rough day. One thing that comes in the form of a warm hug and monolid eyes that belong to her wife Kang Seulgi. She could almost feel the comforting hug of her other half, or she would soon.

 

“Seul?” She called out. “Babe?”

 

There hadn’t been any answer at first, which wasn’t particularly alarming. Joohyun knows she’s home from work a bit earlier than usual. Seulgi might not have made it in yet. 

 

“Oh….”

 

Then Joohyun remembers something very important. Today is Thursday. Seulgi isn’t going to be home until about 6 because of her work schedule. It was disappointing because the first thing Joohyun needed when she had a terrible day was her wife’s comfort.

 

“That’s right. I nearly forgot that she works later today.”

 

And though it was disappointing she couldn’t run into Seulgi’s warm arms now, or hear her voice that never felt to calm her down. Joohyun knew she could take matters into her own hands. She looked towards the dining table in the kitchen. 

 

All Joohyun needed was a few chairs to start.


 

 

 


 

It was a little after six in the evening when a monolid woman entered her house and let out a tired sigh. She ran her fingers over her brown locks and pushed them away from her face. Kang Seulgi just knew these Thursday’s would threaten to be the end of her. The later days equal better pay, however and that ultimately is good for herself and her wife. The more money they are able to save for their future dream house the better. The one where they will live out the rest of their lives together is worth the extra shifts and hours. Now that she’s home all Seulgi wants to do is find her lovely wife, wrap her arms around her, and give her kisses. In fact, Seulgi could almost feel her wife Joohyun’s lips against her own. Well she would as soon as she found her first.

 

“Hyun?” She called out. “Are you home?”

 

It was unusual to not hear some sort of response. Seulgi knows that Joohyun gets home before her, and usually her wife is waiting for her, because on the days they don’t come home

 

“Joohyun, hey…” Seulgi stops talking when she notices there’s something different about the living room. Different as in there’s now a pillow fort in the center of the room where there sure hadn’t been one this morning. Seulgi smiles and walks closer to the pillow fort. A well done pillow fort if she’s ever seen, and seeing as how someone grabbed the good sheets and pillowcases from inside the linen closet to make this come to life. Seulgi thinks Joohyun sure was busy after she got home from work. Still, there must have been a good reason for this. 

 

“Excuse me, ma’am.” The monolid woman speaks and gently pulls back the sheets to the entrance. “I’m looking for my wonderful wife, Joohyun. You wouldn’t have happened to see her, would you?”
 

Almost immediately, Joohyun sits up and turns around. She knew sooner or later Seulgi would be home. However, there is nothing like seeing her other half right now. Especially when she’s had a horrible day and Seulgi is sitting there with that warm smile on her face. Seulgi has only said a few words to her but already they are enough to make her want to smile. 

 

“I think I might have seen her.” Joohyun plays along with a smile and soft chuckle. If the pillow fort in the middle of the living room wasn’t already a sign. Seulgi just knew there had to be something wrong. Joohyun didn’t seem her usual self and so this was her chance to go into wife mode. 

 

“Do you have room for one more?”

 

“Of course.” Joohyun is already moving to make room for Seulgi to join her inside the pillow fort. In fact, Joohyun had been hoping Seulgi Not to brag or anything, but in Joohyun’s opinion she is sure this has to be the best pillow fort she’s ever made. Though, it has been quite some time since actually making anything like this. Joohyun turns back only to be met with those familiar warm arms. It’s what she wanted from the moment she knew Seulgi was home, to feel those warm arms engulfing her in a hug. Seulgi can feel her wife settle into her arms.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyunnie? Talk to me.”

 

And of course, Seulgi in her gentle manner and soft tone of voice, with that warm embrace enough to make Joohyun want to melt, sits there with her wife and vents about her terrible day. No matter what, everything went wrong, and her boss was being a complete . 

 

“Of course it was my fault, the intern misunderstood the notes, even though they don’t even work for me, because why not?” Joohyun sighed.

 

“Yeah, of course.” Seulgi smiles softly and rubs her arm. “When in doubt, blame Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Exactly!” At least, Joohyun wasn’t pissed to the point she wasn’t appreciating her sense of humor. Still, Seulgi brings her wife closer and kisses the side of her forehead. Right now, Seulgi’s main goal is to make Joohyun feel better. 

 

“I’ll be right back, it looks like you forgot a few things in your pillow fort.”

 

“Oh?” Joohyun wonders what she could have forgotten. There’s warm and comfortable blankets on the floor, pillows everywhere, the entire thing is sturdy. She even bought her tablet for movies. If they were to get bored, what else could she have forgotten. As she’s busy pondering such things. The answer is soon discovered when Seulgi comes back with snacks and drinks.

 

But of course.

 

“Oh!” She laughs embarrassed. “How could I forget snacks and drinks?”

 

“That’s okay, you were having a bad day, so you’re forgiven. This time.” Seulgi is sure to add and even leave a kiss on Joohyun's forehead, in case. 

 

“Well, as long as I’m forgiven. Now please pass the chocolate cookies.”

 

Joohyun looked too cute, asking for the cookies. There was no way Seulgi would deny her. 

 

“Here you go, Hyunnie.” She immediately hands her the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter