End

of drunks and dreamers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul stumbled down the cobbled streets of Seoul, bottle in hand. It was an average night, though he was admittedly more drunk than usual. Jongwoon had gone on a rant at the meeting about…something. The speech had hit a little closer to home than he'd like to admit, and as usual he tried to drink away the pain. Everything got a bit hazy after that. Generally he was very good at being drunk and still keeping his head, but Heechul passed that point of no return a bottle ago. 

 

The meeting had ended after he'd gotten in a fight with Jongwoon, he was far too drunk to remember what exactly they had fighting about. Heechul assumed it had something to do with revolution, but they'd argued about other things in the past, so he didn't want to assume. He remembered that beautiful face being inches from his own, eyes filled with righteous fury, and then walking down the streets in the direction he believed was towards his modest apartment. There was likely a missing section in his memory between those two things, but it didn't really matter. 

 

He some wine down, stumbling backwards as he did. Why had he left? Had the moment been too much for him? Had Jongwoon sent him away again? Had he stormed off angrily? Did it really matter? One of the others would catch him up and tell him what he forgot like always. It wasn't worth worrying about. Heechul continued on his way, very unsteady, and not really seeing what he was doing because everything was blurry and double what it should be. That didn't matter either. He had a bottle in his hand, which he would continue drinking until he got to bed. That was all that mattered. 

 

When he was grabbed by the shoulder and spun around, Heechul nearly threw up all the wine and ramen in his stomach as the world spun around them. It took him a few moments to comprehend what he was seeing, and it was enough of a shock to cause his rebellious fingers to release the bottle. There, in the flickering light of the street lamps, was Apollo himself. The candlelight made his black hair fluffier, and his beautiful eyes to have gold aspects to them. His coat was the same bright red, but seemed a much warmer shade than the usual angry color it was any other time. Heechul swayed on his feet, taken aback by the beauty before him. 

 

Jongwoon was making a face. He had been speaking and Heechul had completely missed it. Stupid idiot! And now Jongwoon was looking at him, expecting a response, but all Heechul could focus on was the warmth of the hand on his shoulder and just how close they were. All he could see was the way the dim light shone off of Apollo’s cheeks, showing the detail of the masterpiece. Heechul held onto the other's coat to remain upright as he contemplated what to do. Was this even real? Perhaps he'd fallen asleep in an alley and didn't know it? 

 

Jongwoon didn't love him. He couldn't. The revolution was far more important than lonely souls, especially his lonely, drunken soul. Besides, Heechul was aware that he was often cynical and pessimistic, the exact opposite of the man in front of him. Even if Apollo wasn't trying to change the world, Heechul wouldn't be on his list of favorite people. Heechul dreamed that one day they would be able to be together and happy and at peace without fighting, but it was just a silly day dream he made up while watching Jongwoon at meetings and nothing more. 

 

A few quick pats on the cheek brought him back to the present, with a concerned looking Jongwoon looking back at him as his eyes focused. “How much did you drink tonight? And tell me the truth,” he said in a stern tone. 

 

Heechul thought it was awfully unfair of him to force him to do math while drunk, but he didn't complain. “Ah… two? Three?” Heechul slurred, wondering how Jongwoon could understand him. 

 

Jongwoon sighed, exasperated, and wrapped the inebriated man's arm around his shoulders, beginning to lead him home. Heechul assumed they were heading towards his apartment anyway, though he'd follow the other anywhere. “Clearly you are too drunk to take part in the conservation we need to have. You really need to learn self discipline…” Apollo muttered, thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter