Final

Easy to fall

Jimin swung her legs over her covers and groaned, regretting every single thing she did that day. From waking up one and a half hour later then she was supposed to, forgot to get her coffee and completely flunked her advanced maths test. But most of all, how she unintentionally.. ugh. Yu Jimin, you pabo. Look at her now, its 2.43 am and she can't even get a decent shut eye. She just couldn't stop thinking about her. 

Jimin was definitely contemplating what to do next. She knew what she said was way out of line, but she was agitated. That's what happens when she's on her period and didn't manage to get her morning coffee fix. And Minjeong obviously didn't deserve it. On a normal day, she would've spotted the signs at once. She would've known that Minjeong's lack of conversations with her were tell-tale signs of growing distance between them. Should she apologize or something? That would be so awkward... But she misses her, a little bit, maybe a bit more.

It's been 3 days, only 3 days but it feels like forever. Minjeong hasn't said much to her over the 3 days, skipped dinner with her and chose to retreat to her room instead of watching their favourite drama together. Is she avoiding me? She definitely is. She heaves a deep sigh. The wine-haired girl sat up and slipped her cold feet into her furry bunny slippers, shuffling across the apartment. At this hour, she couldn't think straight. Well, it's not like she could think straight everytime she was around the short-haired girl but she knew that already, just never really acknowledged it.

She ended up in front of her door. No surprise there. Jimin took a deep breath before she slowly turned the doorknob, trying to be as quiet as possible. The door opened without a noise, like it usually does. Jimin has been sneaking into Minjeong's room for as long as she can remember. They've lived together for 3 years already anyway. From the crack of the door she saw her, peacefully curled up on the left side of the bed, her bedside lamp left on, iliuminating the room into a soft yellow glow. Minjeong had her eyebrows knitted together almost forming a frown on her face, her hand was clutching her Literature text that she was preparing for. Jimin knew this from hearing her conversations with Aeri earlier this morning. She looks tired and stressed and maybe a hint of something else too. Is she thinking about me? was she missing me too?

Don't kid yourself Yu Jimin, pull your together.

Jimin turned around and closed the door behind her. She shuffled across to Minjeong's side and softly pulled away the thin stack of paper from Minjeong's hands, placing it on her study table. The short-haired girl groans softly, mumbling something Jimin couldn't make sense of but she smiled anyway because who can deny, Minjeong is a cutie. Her Minjeongie. Jimin finally turned of the lamp and slowly slipped herself under the covers, right next to Minjeong. The room was now dark, only the moonlight creeping into the room through the curtains. There she was. The girl Jimin has been-

"Jimin-unnie", Minjeong mumbled.

Jimin smiled. She moved closer, placing her arms around the younger girl, her head resting on the crook of Minjeong's neck. "Are you dreaming about me, Minjeongie? Do you miss me too?", Jimin whispered softly.

"Yeah, I do." She heard the girl respond. Realization hit her that Minjeong may be awake, and she might've already heard every single word she said. , she's awake? , I thought she was sleeping. Does she think I'm pining over her. Ugh, Yu Jimin you're so pathetic. She felt her face flush and ears feeling hot out of embarrassment. Thank God the room was dark otherwise the younger girl would tease how red her ears were.

She was about to say something else when she felt thin but strong arms wrap around her waist, pulling her to lean in closer to Minjeong's chest, the short-haired girl's chin resting on Jimin's head. Oh God Oh God Oh God, she smells like vanilla. 

"Jimin-unnie, I really do miss you too."

"Are you awake?" Jimin looks up and sees the younger girl's eyes closed.

The younger girl just hums.

Jimin sighs and basks into the sensation of Minjeong holding her close like this, it feels nice. She feels the younger girl rubbing her palms up and down her back, softly caressing her and Jimin smiles and melts into her arms.

"Are you still mad at me, Minjeongie?"

It was silent for a while before she heard the girl chuckle softly. "Not gonna lie, I didn't like you raising your voice at me like that, especially when I did nothing wrong. That kinda hurt me, Jimin-unnie. But I know you're just a big giant baby on her period."

Jimin softly slapped the girl's abs, smiling up to the younger girl. Minjeong was finally cracking up jokes again and laughing with that beautiful dimpled smile of hers. Jimin felt a pool of warmth in the pit of her stomach, then it felt like it was fleeting and fluttering altogeher. Oh is this what people say it is?

"I can never be angry at you. I like you too much." 

 

--