fin.

good night

wheein tosses and turns around— left side and right side until the feeling of comfort has slowly left her system. she sees the alarm clock's red light softly blaring against the darkness. it's already two in the morning.

 

she can't sleep. work creeps up as a reminder in her mind, desperately chasing the lethargy she needs to fall into slumber but it gives no avail. she rises, sitting against the headboard.

 

she scrolls down her contact list and she finds the name whom she always calls whenever this happens.

 

three rings and it's in.

 

"yongsun unnie?"

 

"wheein-ie?" her soothing voice brings calmness over wheein's restless state. "can't sleep?" she says softly asks.

 

"i'm sorry i disturbed you," wheein mumbles, her hand grasping the hem of her nightgown. "i— can you come over?" she manages to say.

 

a pause ensues but wheein is cut off even before she could take the invitation back. yongsun hums, hypnotizing and assuring.

 

"of course. give me a minute, i'll be there."

 

"thank you."

 

"do you wanna keep the line on..?"

 

wheein's chest warms with the sweet gesture. yongsun knows her best when it comes to this. she giggles softly, "yes, please."

 

"i'm coming in." wheein hears her door beep open.

 

"that fast? aren't you too excited?"

 

"honestly, i can't sleep too."

 

"wow, you sure move fast."

 

"are you complaining?" yongsun chuckles.

 

"no," wheein denies. a wide, sleepy smile draws over her lips. "my room is not locked. just come in."

 

then wheein hears her door unlock. without any inhibitions left in her body, yongsun dove into wheein's embrace wordlessly, which the younger gladly accepted. hands burying into the older's mane and yongsun's arms wrapped around her waist, wheein purrs in delight.

 

"i missed you." wheein whispers.

 

"even if we just saw each other earlier?" yongsun teases, voice muffled against the younger's chest.

 

"that was three hours ago. i practically miss you everytime."

 

"and you don't think i don't feel the same?"

 

their eyes lock into each other, shimmering with this emotion called love— love that they fostered in the same setting that they currently have right now. yongsun climbs herself up, capturing wheein's lips in a long, unmoving kiss.

 

wheein has never felt so safe in someone else's arms. her eyes close as she feels her body relax.

 

yongsun lets go and buries herself on the warmth of wheein's neck, sleepiness finally visiting her system.

 

needless to say, they both fell asleep with these words in mind— "i love you, good night."