Chapter-1 : The Flight

-it list

Aelith managed to board the flight without being recognised by the airport personnel. She sank into her seat and looked out the window. Clouds were orange and pink, a soft breeze was making the trees sway. This might be the last time she'll see Tuscany's sunset. Finally, she thought that she can have a stable life, a more, settled one. Why, you ask? 

Well, a little history, she was born in France, then moved to Korea and then her parents split up and her father got her custody and she had to move to Tuscany. The girl kept travelling from one city to another because her father refused to leave her behind, when he left for business meetings. Throughout her life, an overprotective shield was surrounding her and the girl never got to explore. Aelith lived in the shadows of her father, doing whatever he asked her to do.

 

Her train of thoughts was broken when she heard chatter going on. A group of guys, around her age boarded and sat down. Surprisingly, all there seats were around her. Even though the plane was empty and this was first class, Aelith got a wired feeling in her gut but she shook it off and took out a book from her backpack. 

 

Soon the announcements started and the flight was in the air. "Can I get you anything ma'am?" The flight attendant asked. "A glass of Chardonnay and some cherries please." The girl replied. 

"Of course! Anything else?" 

"No that will be all, thank you." 

 

The stewardess nodded and went behind her. 

" Care for a drink sir?" She asked the guy who was sitting behind her. 

"Yes...umm...A-Any suggestions?" He asked Aelith, tapping her on her shoulder. She turned to him with furrowed eyebrows and an uncertain look on her face. "Yes?" She asked him, and the air hostess looked at them awkwardly. "Any wine suggestions? You look french and, France is famous for wine..." She looked at him and then closed her eyes, raising her eyebrows she turned back to the front and and said "A cheval blanc mixed with grape brandy... And some cashews." The guy gave her a smile even tho she didn't look at him. The stewardess soon came back with two glasses in a tray. She kept one in front of Aelith and the other in front of the guy. She bowed a bit and left. 

 

The guy picked up his glass and the bottle of wine and sat in front of Aelith. "What are you doing?" She asked him. "Just having a drink with a stranger, can cross that off the bucket list now..." He said. "whatever, in the future don't go around asking french people for wine suggestions, it isn't consider exactly polite... And this is Italy." "But you're French..." He said which made the girl roll her eyes in frustration.

"My ethnicity and race I done of your concern..." She said clearly annoyed by his presence. "Well it can be in the future, let's start with first name bases.... I'm Lee Heeseung..." "Well, what do you want Lee Heeseung?" The girl questioned, her accent creeping up a bit. "in a word I wanna be friends..." He asked. "I don't..." There was an awkward silence for a while, and then the guy spoke again, "you could start by sharing a drink with me..." The pushed the girl to the edge. "Sir, you're so desperate, I already said that I'm not intre-" as she was about to finish her sentence someone cut her off. "Hyung! Just get to the point will you? There's no need to be so secretive about it!" The male took a deed breath after finishing his sentence. He had jet black hair, which fell over his eyes, which were almond shaped... A sharp jawline and sleek nose bridge. If there was one word to describe him, ethereal. 

 

Aelith looked between the two male who were arguing over the fact that the guy who Aelith assumed as 'Lee Heeseung' was being too secretive about 'it'. And the Heeseung defending himself from the man, unknown to Aelith. "She'll be shocked! We need to break it to her subtly..." Heeseung said as the male in front of him sighed. "She'll find out soon, why not now? There's still 6 hours till the plane lands, that's more than enough time to calm herself!" The two continued to argue, forgetting about Aelith's presence. "Hyung? You do realise she's listening." Another voice said and Aelith turned towards the owner. A boy, maybe a bit younger than her. Foxy features and a bubbly personality, were two things she took notice of. The guy who Heeseung was arguing with earlier stood up from his seat and came towards Aelith. "Your name is Aelith Couffaine, your father is a business man, or that's what you think, Currently you're on your way to Korea, obviously cuz one stop and that Seoul. You're Shay Darkwood's friend." 

 

Aelith didn't know how to respond to that. The mysterious male knew about her. Her name, her family, her friends. "How do you know me?" She asked him. "Shay sent us... Your father's after you, apparently, you know something you shouldn't be knowing and that's why he's after you." The girl raised an eyebrow and an amused smirk played on her lips. "you expect me to believe that MY FATHER is after me?! He's a business man, he overly overprotective, why would he be after me?!" The guy looked at her and took out his hands from his pockets, pulling up a photo with it. "Does this explain something?" He placed in on the table and Aelith examined it. "It's just a photo of me waiting for my flight..." The girl looked at him wanting an explanation. He pulled out a few more photos, but some of them had marks on them made with sharpies. As if they were pointing someone out, and they were indeed. Aelith looked through all the photos... A few old ones, a few new ones and some moments ago from her flight. And what shocked her even more was the fact that the one stalking her was no one other than Adrian. Her father's secretary and her only friend in Italy. "We have more proof, of you'd still need it." The girl raised her head and looked at the guy. A look of betrayal floated in her eyes. Her surroundings turned quiet and her heartbeat was uneven, tears welled up and her nose turned red. The guy noticed her state and crouched down, a bit hesitant at first but he reached for her hands and held them in his own. 

 

After a bit the girl calmed down and since then, no one uttered a single word. After a few more hours everyone was out cold. The girl looked at the half filled wine glass, her eyes a bit drowsy and her cheeks a bit pink, mainly because of the alcohol in her body. The guy from earlier sat her to her and helped himself to a glass of Chardonnay as well. "I never caught your name Monsieur...?" She asked. "Aren't you Italian?" He asked. She smiled a bit

"Not really..." He looked at her for a good second before looking away. "You're weird." He said. Both of them let out soft chuckles. Considering the fact that the girl's father was trying to kill her, she was taking the information well. A little bit of comfort and she was fine. Or that's what it looked like. In reality she wanted to cry her heart out, lean onto someone and cry on their shoulder till there were no more tears.

"The name's Park Sunghoon..."

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

A/N: heyoo peps! The first chapter of 'the -it list' 

I kinda have a good feeling about this. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be looking forward to it! 

That's it for now,

Stay tuned for updates,

Till then,

Peace out✌🏻

                    -Shay~

 

P.S. I did make a character based on me loll