End

Leave me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You haven't seen Joohyun in a long time, have you?"
Seulgi nodded and stared at the clock behind Seungwan's desk.
"How are you?"
"Fine," the young woman murmured as she leaned back in her comfortable chair.
"Because you haven't seen her?"
She shrugged. "Probably."
"If she shows up again in your apartment or anywhere else, you have to tell me, okay?"
Seulgi smiled weakly. "Will you chase her away then?"

With slow steps, the young woman walked through the streets of her town. It had been raining. The cold made its way through the thin jacket and Seulgi sniffled. Did she have anything left in the refrigerator? She didn't know anymore. Since Joohyun was gone, she forgot many things. Joohyun had always taken care of something like shopping.
Seulgi decided to go to a small supermarket and buy ramen. The man at the checkout eyed her critically. She couldn't even blame him. Seulgi had seen herself in the glass window of the freezer. Circles under her eyes that seemed deeper and darker than a black hole, her face sunken and pale, the result of not eating enough.

Seulgi paid and walked slowly to her apartment. Hopefully Joohyun wasn't waiting for her. That would only mean trouble. She opened her door, the light and looked around. No Joohyun. Good.
"Where’s my food, Kang Seulgi?" a grim voice asked from the kitchen. Seulgi hadn't even noticed her. Yet right there she stood, as if she had never stormed out of the apartment, as if she hadn't shouted the worst phrases in Seulgi's face.
"What are you doing here?" Seulgi sighed as she took off her shoes and jacket.
"Lock the door, Seul."
She nodded and did as she was told.
"Just one ramen?"
"I wasn't expecting you," the younger woman replied. "Get lost, Joohyun."
"Or else?" She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked at Seulgi provocatively.
"Seungwan will get mad."
"Seungwan again." Joohyun sparkled deadly at Seulgi. A cold chill went down the younger girl's spine.
"So you don't want me for company?"
"No. Go away," Seulgi pressed out, and tears began to drip onto the floor in front of her.
"I'll be back," Joohyun said and left Seulgi.
The latter sat down at her dining table and stared at the packet of noodles. She wiped the tears from her cheeks and disappeared into her bedroom. Without eating anything. Because food was a reward. A reward that Seulgi did not deserve.

"You look tired."
"I don't sleep well."
"Joohyun?"
Seulgi groaned and ran her hand through her hair. "Not everything is always about that woman, Seungwan. I just didn't sleep well."
She angled both arms slightly. "Sorry, just trying to help."
"I know." Seulgi took a sip of her tea.
"Was Joohyun with you?"
The young woman shook her head.
"Seulgi, I've known you for almost a year now-"
"That's not long."
"But long enough to know you can't lie."
Silence.
"When?"
"Last week, after I was with you," she said.
"What was she doing?"
"Waited in my kitchen until I came. She wanted dinner, but I sent her away."
Seungwan raised an eyebrow before drinking from her water. "And she left?"
"She wanted to argue at first, but I didn't give in. Like you advised me to."
The young woman with the old-fashioned glasses nodded in satisfaction. "I'm proud of you, Seulgi."

Seulgi came to a stop in front of a small store and had to smile. The earrings were exactly Joohyun's style. She would have liked them for sure. Maybe she shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter