Drifting and Floating

What is beyond this wall?
Please log in to read the full chapter
TAP TAP TAP TAP CLICK CLICK CLACK

The sounds of the keyboard and mouse being used fill the silent noise of the room. ".....within the data it can be concluded that within the founding of..." You mumble to yourself as you type and read outloud on the document that deems wether or not you are going to pass or graduate. Pass what exactly? University? Expectations? Hopes? Or this uncertain wall where it seperates the current stage of your life where you are being shoved upon, the wall where beyond it lies adulthood. Fear and anxiety always ravage your mind as you open this cursed document. Yet you know it is not cursed, no voodoo, no black magic, no nothing. Just uncertainty, and it has been the major reason you delayed this work for almost over 2 years. So as panicky, unfocused you are, your brain still manages to function. Still manages to steer the last of your hope on this sinking ship of a future, that only you can blame yourself.

After what deemed to be a heavy two hours, barely any progress has been made due to overthinking and just being unable to focus, but as the encouraging words of a uni student, progress is progress. With that in mind, you easily lay back against the sofa of the living room, letting out a big sigh as your eyes slowly and heavily closed themselves. You were not exactly sleepy, but your eyes just dislike having to stare at the document.

 

Silence. Darkness. Emptiness.

 

The usual view when upon entering your thoughts. "This sure is a situation you are in." Your mind speaks loudly to the emptiness. "But you knew that already, and I cant exactly stop you either, afterall, I am you, and you are me." Staring into a mirror, you see your self. Though its not the you right now, its a version of you thats successful, enough to make it so your face shows no worries. Chuckling to your self, you push the mirror down and upon shattering, another version of you appears. A more realistic version, where you can see how stressed out you can be, not even a hint of happiness left at all. You let out a wry smile, quickly swatting away the image of the realistic future within your head away, returning to the emptiness. "Dear head, just shut up, is a moment of silence too much to ask for? Just a moment." Your wish echoes in the emptiness.

inhale. exhale. Calm down. Calm down. inhale. exhale. Calm down. Calm do- ugh. What is this smell?  deep inhale. Cough.

 

You began coughing because of the sudden odor that invaded your nose. Opening your eyes to see your face is greeted by a foot infront of your face. Quickly falling over to the ground, groaning in pain.

"Hi there daydreamer." She calls you out in your dazed state, still recovering from the smell. "Yuqi what the ?!" You ask with a nasal and annoyed voice. As you let out the rest of the coughs you also made sure to exhale and inhale to clean out your lungs. Yuqi was having a joyful time watching you go through all of that, laughing wholeheartedly. You pinched her leg to get revenge, only to get your ear pulled even harder by her. "Oww- ow- stop! Okay! I yielled!" You begged before she let go of your ear.

"Thats what you get for trying to mess with me y/n." She says proudly. "I do not think anyone wants to have a foot shoved onto their face Yuqi, so you started that." You retort. "Heh, well you atleast look like you needed a wake up call daydreamer." She smirked, pointing to the clock, which you were surprised upon seeing. Been nearly fourty-five minutes since you decided to 'rest'. ".....Fine, thanks for waking me up as usual." Standing up and feeling defeated, you slowly rejoined her onto the sofa, moving your mouse to turn the screen on again, only for your eye to twitch instantly and the annoyance quickly rushes to your brain. You ignore it for now, as you force your self into work mode.....

Which only lasted for another fifteen minutes before you gave up for the day and lay back on the sofa feeling dejected even more. "Thats a new record, last time you only stared at the screen, this time you actually wrote a sentence or two!" Yuqi teased you for the slow progress. "Yeah, yeah whatever. Why are you back so quickly anyways? I thought you wanted to hang out till tomorrow or something." Asking whilst rubbing your eyes, seeing little stars behind your eyelids. "Well I did, till the others suddenly decided to bail out after the lunch. Couldnt believe when even Yena was not able to follow with the plans!" You hear her talk about the complaints one by one, just watching her complain was somehow calming to you nowadays. Though that was never the case when it was the beginning of this roommate situation that you both are in right now.

As she continued to ramble about how the others decided to not hang out suddenly, you began reminiscing how you both met, and how you ended up offering your large condo for her to stay that led up to her being your official roommate.

Well it all started with how you actually accidentally rented out the place to begin with funnily enough. Never meant to click reserve

Please log in to read the full chapter