Senior with a Crush - 2na

Precious Penguin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You know she likes you, right?", a voice snapped Mina from her so called 'zoning out session' whenever she finished her food, as what the owner of the voice named it as. The owner of the voice was none other than the school's most promitent singer, Park Jihyo, and next to her was her best friend Mina, who looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and with her head tilted to the side as to indicate that she did not understand her friend's question. Seeing as her innocent friend's face crumble in confusion, Jihyo sighed. Mina was never the street-smart kind of girl as she always specialized by the book side of it. Jihyo looked elsewhere and nodded that way while Mina followed her friend's gaze. There, she saw who her friend was talking about. 

 

A silver haired girl was laughing while slapping her friends' arms which resulted into her getting smacked in return by a girl with pigtails. It looks as if they were discussing something funny. People were staring at them, not to judge and laugh at them but to admire at the sight. Her, together with her friends, were called the Stars of JYP High. They were pretty, talented and rich which made everyone in the academy admire them. Although they were very friendly, people were still intimidated by them so they usually hang out together without new faces in the group. 

 

"There you again.", Mina looked at her friend, clearly tired of this unbelievable claim her friend keeps bringing up. "I told you, Sana. does. not. like. me", Mina tried to signal with her eyes for her friend to drop this matter but Jihyo is known to not easily back down in an argument. "Okay, but explain how she always is by the entrance every single morning to greet you or why she asks you to teach her to dance when we both know she's already a good dancer or when she brings you snacks-" Mina interrupted her friend before this turns into an hour rant. "She does not only greet me but she greets everyone, she only specialize in a type of dance not ballet. She told me she wanted to explore more dance styles and that I was the person everyone lead her to. Besides, she's a senior. Why would she like someone like me?" 

 

"Mhm, I see your point.... but you didn't explain why she brings you snacks-" Jihyo was interrupted by a certain someone with her group behind her. "I bring snacks to everyone. I am sad that you don't remember me bringing that melon bread to you, Jihyo!", Mina and Jihyo were startled. Jihyo was seen clutching her chest as if she's having a heart attack while Mina was fazed but quickly composed herself. She greeted and smiled at the newcomers. They laughed lightly at the sight and returned the greeting.  

 

"See ya", Sana waved and winked at the duo which everyone but Mina knew who it was for. 

 

"You're so uncool. You could've confessed there. Everyone knows damn well that Mina's reasoning is only a facade of your true intentions", Momo, who was lagging behind Sana, complained at her coward friend. Nayeon and Jeongyeon only uttered a "true" and a "facts been told". Sana rolled her eyes at her friends' lack of patience. Although she does understand. She's had this big crush ever since she saw the public audition of a certain ballet dancer. It was a mandatory public audition to get accepted to the school which she already passed and has been attending the school for two years, but she was sure glad that her friends forced her to attend or else she wouldn't have been mesmerized by this someone. Ever since then she couldn't answer how a person could move so elegantly but still be cute and pretty. 

 

 

Mina waved goodbye to her dog, Ray, as she made her way to the school's gate. She took the longer route today because she found out her brother was at home and she could walk with Ray to school while her brother would return him back home. She was already in a good mood today but as soon as she heard the usual "good morning" from the senior she's been giving ballet tips to, it made her smile even brighter. Sana was at the entrance, as usual, and saw the cutest sight of her crush parting with her dog.

 

"Was that your dog? What's it's name?", Mina smiled softly at her senior while they made their way inside the school building and answered her questions. "Ray! What a cute name! Like owner, like pet!", Mina stopped on her tracks, and turned to Sana to confirm if she heard her right. She saw Sana showing her eyesmile and laughed casually, as if she didn't say anything wrong at all. This is how she acts around her friends, Mina thought so she brushed it off. And besides, it was not a big deal anyways because being called cute was not unusual for her but she didn't understand why her heart skipped a beat at that moment. Maybe it was because she was too happy this morning or maybe it was the coffee she brewed for breakfast. 

 

They arrived infront of Mina's classroom and Sana asked if she and Jihyo was interested to join her and her friends at lunch today which Mina couldn't deny in order to not seem rude. But something in her made her want to say yes and she was uncertain what it was. They said their goodbyes as class was about to start soon. Jihyo suddenly appeared besides Mina and stared at Sana's disappearing back. She turned to look at her friend with a raised eyebrow and chuckled. "Dropping you off to class, well this is new. I told you she-", Mina sighed defeatingly and pulled JIhyo into their classroom before they get in trouble for being late. 

 

It was the middle of school day and Mina and Jihyo were on their way to the cafeteria to eat lunch. Mina had told about Sana's offer to Jihyo and now her annoying but good friend cannot help but ramble about how the senior is finally making her moves on Mina obvious. As if it wasn't obvious enough but Jihyo meant obvious for Mina but the girl, unsurprisingly, interpreted it as a way for their groups of friends to get to know each other better in which Jihyo disagreed. She was about to open to make another argument but once again got interrupted by Sana who was calling their names to show where they were sitting at. The same aged friends made their way to the table and saw three unfamiliar faces. 

 

"This is Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. I invited them for lunch today, I hope you guys don't mind.", Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter