Fin.

Like Maybe... You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're here", the older girl announces as she pulls up in front of Dahyun's dorm.

 

"Thanks again for the ride Sana. You know you didn't have to. It was out of your way", the younger girl rubs her nape, clearly embarrased.

 

"Nonsense! It's rush hour; you wouldn't have been able to hail a taxi at that part of the city", Sana reassures. "But like, are you sure you don't wanna come with? It is the last party before the break", she tries to persuade Dahyun one last time.

 

"Nah I'm good. I need to finish reading my book anyway. But thank you really. For the ride... and the invite. I owe you."

 

"You know that's not necessary right?"

 

"I know. But still... allow me to do something for you in return one of these days. Okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

Dahyun was supposed to exit the vehicle then for them to go their separate ways. But for some reason, neither wanted to move.

It felt safe.

It felt familiar.

 

Sana was the one to break the silence.

 

"So... you're not into parties huh?"

 

"Not really, no", Dahyun answers nonchalantly.

 

Sana teases her in reurn, "Too cool for a silly college party?"

 

Dahyun can't help but roll her eyes playfully, "How am I cool when I'm basically at the bottom of the food chain?"

 

"Don't sell yourself short Dahyunnie. You're not 'at the bottom of the food chain'. You're more than that", Sana answers sincerely, earning her a slight blush from the other girl.

 

Dahyun clears before answering again, and honestly, trying to calm her nerves after hearing such an unexpected compliment.

 

"I-uh... I just think it's pointless."

 

Sensing that the younger seemed a bit tensed, Sana tries for a joke.

 

"Ooh... such a hipster thing to say."

 

It worked, as Dahyun almost immediately answers defensively.

 

"Ew no! I hate hipsters. Well, I mean I don't hate them, I just don't like them either."

 

"You do realize your best friend is technically a hipster, right?", Sana challenges her by raising one of her eyebrows.

 

"Chaeyoung? Yeah well you know, there's always that one exception..."

 

 

"Why then?"

 

"Why what?"

 

"I personally think you're pretty cool, but why are you so antisocial you major buzzkill?!", Sana realizes she has a knack for teasing the younger girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter