Fin

I Like Me Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Listen: I Like Me Better by Lauv https://open.spotify.com/track/2P91MQbaiQOfbiz9VqhqKQ?si=aa158442faad4f43

 

— To be young and in love in New York City.

 

The city that never sleeps. 

 

People that never got to stay in New York even just for a day wouldn't understand just how crazy it is here. 

 

I'm one of that said people...well I was until she brought me here. 

 

I'm referring to the girl who slept with her jeans on and missing top. I was sure her brassiere's still there when we plopped down but somehow, it went missing as she laid on her stomach with her reflecting the ray of sun flashing through the windows of this crappy apartment we got through a bargain. 

 

I should stop staring at her. 

 

"Where's my goddamn phone." 

 

Groaning, I searched for my phone only to see it resting on top of the bedside table next to her. I don't have that much of a choice but to scoot closer and reached for it. 

 

I successfully grabbed my phone and was about to retract my arm when she pulled me back down, slamming me on to her . 

 

"Ack. Hey!" I groggily said. 

 

She sleepily whined before taking shelter under me.

 

"Cold." Was the only thing she said, prolonging the last syllable. 

 

I looked at her once again and just shook my head before sighing as I pulled the sheets over her. 

 

"It's because you're half , you know?" 

 

It's not the first time I saw her —she sleeps like this all the time! And her reason? Is simple:

 

"Why would I need a top when I have you?" 

 

I can't believe she said that with such a straight face. No one does it like her and who sleeps up- but still has her jeans on?! That's absurd!

 

"What are you smiling about? You're having dirty thoughts again, aren't you?" 

 

"Uhh no?" 

 

I snapped out of my trance and saw her staring glaring at me while still lying on her stomach. Seriously, who sleeps like this and yet still manage to have huge boo—

 

It happened so fast and I was once again pinned on the mattress, gaining me full access to her chest. Damn this woman she didn't even care one bit! And here I am, maintaining an eye contact as I try not to roam my eyes around in my flushed stated. 

 

"What do you mean no? You should! Do you mean to say my body has no effect on you or whatsoever?"

 

First thing in the morning and oh boy she was pissed. 

 

But.. I have to say..well uhmm it's not like I don't like what I'm seeing! She's y and attractive at the same time, her pink streaks made her even more gorgeous and cool—anyone would drop a jaw if they see her up this close. 

 

Then she broke into a smug smile and leaned in as she started to pepper kisses around my face.

 

"Awee you cute baby, you're still shy?" She bit my earlobe as a pause before continuing, "We already did our second base yesterday." 

 

Agghhk, this woman! Now it won't stop from flashing into my head! She'll forever haunt me for searching my fountain pen on her only to find it under her bra! Now she had consider it second base! 

 

In the end I looked away and rolled my eyes—something she found funny since she just laughed at me. 

 

"Whatever. Get off of me, I'm going to make us breakfast." 

 

Pushing her off, I stood up and stretched but immediately winced when she yelped. 

 

"Yah! That's not how it works here! Okay you know what?" I was confused when she started to move fast as if she's evacuating, "Pick up your fresh clothes, bring only your phone and wallet. Let's go, go go!" 

 

She went out of the room still trying to hook her bra and for a moment I was statued there and didn't quite realize just how much of my breath she had stolen already. 

 

She's crazy. 

 

The beautiful kind of crazy. 

 

"Nayeon wait!" 

 

— To not know who I am but still know that I'm good long as you're here with me.

 

Nayeon was already in her I luv NYC shirt she bought yesterday while currently tying her hair the moment we went out of the apartment. She moved too fast that I can barely keep up with her the moment we were done buying a go-to breakfast meal from a store just right around the block. 

 

I was holding our coffee and the plastic with our meal on it while Nayeon held on to nothing but the squeaky toy hammer she won on an arcade yesterday. 

 

"Dahyun faster! New York moves fast we have to keep up!" She happily said.

 

I widened my eyes when she jumped onto a bus who's already starting its engine. 

 

What the hell?! 

 

I fastened up my pace and started panicking when it started to move, "Hey! Me! Yes me!" I yelled in broken english. 

 

 

That didn't seem to help but also didn't matter when I somehow got in with the help of a laughing Nayeon pulling me in. 

 

 

Annoyed? Pissed? Not in any chance. Instead it made me smile internally seeing her this happy as she dragged me inside the bus that'll lead us to Central Park where we'll be having our breakfast. 

 

~~

 

"Okay so there are 5 packs of honey in it. I'll give one to you and one to me however!" She smiled almost mischievously before pointing the squeaky hammer at me.

 

"We shall battle for the remaining 3 pack!" 

 

With the fire in burning in her eyes I can't help but return it with an equal challenging grin. 

 

"You're so on!" 

 

We are currently seated on a bench here in Central park, I can see foreigners walking their dogs and some are even jogging. It's a normal morning inside a busy day and here we are playing rock paper scissors just for a honey pack. 

 

"kai bai bo!" 

 

Darn it she got it this round. 

 

"And that's what I call a win!" 

 

She grabbed a pack and hits me with a squeaky hammer. That took me in surprise, it shouldn't hurt but she was just that strong. 

 

"There's no such rules!" 

 

She raised her eyebrow at this, "What are you talking about? Losers always get hit by a hammer. Just because we're in New York doesn't mean we should play rock paper scissors in their standard pfft." 

 

I huffed at that, "Fine." 

 

Just you watch Im Nayeon, I'll get you this time.

 

"kai bai bo!" 

 

Ha! Take that! I laughed in victory before swiftly grabbing a pack and hitting her head with all I've got in the process. 

 

"Yah! That hit contains a sprinkle of grudge!" 

 

I just made a face at her in which she returned with a glare. 

 

"Fine if that's how you'd like to play it with." She went back to her serious expression and looked at me, "What's your next move Dahyun?" 

 

Wha—? Is this some kind of trick? Ha I won't fall for that you trickster. 

 

"Paper." I answered, a complete opposite of what I'll throw.

 

"kai bai..."

 

Wait! That must be the trick! She would know I'll chose the opposite, if so then I'll stick with paper!

 

"..bo!"

 

"!" I frustratedly said while Nayeon yelled in happiness as she grabbed the remaining pack and hits me with the squeaky hammer. 

 

"You completely fell for it! Geez, what a simple minded person." She stated while shaking her head. 

 

"Tch." 

 

She kept on teasing me about it even as we ate our breakfast in....nah not in peace because all she does is force me to eat the butter in one piece! 

 

But then again, I might've ate my breakfast but it's not what's making me full.....

 

It's her laugh...her contagious smile that made me chuckled up too. 

 

I didn't know contentment can come in a form of this. 

 

~

 

"Listen here Dahyun, we're going to take a shower in a private gym. It needs membership card but it wouldn't if they won't see us!" She briefed. 

 

Wait what?

 

"Are you saying we're about to commit something illegal!?" I asked in a high pitched that cracked. 

 

Nayeon slapped my mouth and shushed me, "Yes!" And proceeds to drag me into the entrance. 

 

"Nayeon I don't think—"

 

"There's another member coming in, the moment she'll talk with him let's get our chance to subtly walk in. Don't be suspicious!" 

 

"Wha—"

 

It happened so fast once again. A colored buff guy came in and greetes the person behind the counter and that's the moment Nayeon slowly dragged me inside. I was sweating bullets as we casually walked inside and I was fighting the urge not to take a look back. 

 

The moment we reached the locker room I exhaled and grasped for air, "I've always been a law abiding citizen and this just breaks it!" 

 

Nayeon giggled and started taking off her clothes, "Maybe this version of you isn't that bad afterall." 

 

"She was this fearless?!" I whisper-yelled. 

 

"Hey, take off your clothes now or I'll strip it off of you myself." Nayeon stated and winked. 

 

I gulped and immediately started to take it off. I'm on my undergarments when she tossed me a fresh white towel she found in an empty locker. 

 

So that's why she told me to bring fresh clothes. 

 

When we went inside, the sound of water running can be heard and it was actually packed! 

 

I cursed under my breath and was about to back out, "It's full I guess we should—" but Nayeon found a vacant cubicle and dragged me inside of it. 

 

"This is the only cubicle, 2 are out of service and 3 are used. I expected more from a private nyc gym but I guess we'll have to settle with this." 

 

I didn't quite get what she meant at first till she took off the white towel revealing her curves and glory. I widened my eyes and blinked.

 

"Taking a bath in pair can actually increase one's mental wellness and can clear their minds you know." She simply stated and started to turn on the shower. 

 

This woman is indeed crazy. 

 

In the end I don't have much of a choice but to take off my towel and bathe with her. 

 

"Hey there~ I didn't know you have your scar on the left shoulder blade." She muttered as she traced her fingers through my collarbone. 

 

"Yeah, I don't quite remember how I got it." I answered before putting on the shampoo we got again from a random locker. 

 

Air got caught in my throat when Nayeon pressed her body against mine and wrapped her arms around my neck to pull me closer. 

 

"Don't you think we can shower faster in this position?" She asked, purposely letting her hot breath touch my nape. 

 

I'm almost losing it! Godjihyo please help me get through this. I can totally feel her...her front area on mine and not to mention that naughty knee of hers in between my—umphf!

 

"I-I don't think you know just how much appeal you have..n-no?" I stuttered but it! 

 

Then she smiled once again, the one that shows off her bunny teeth perfectly, "I'm glad I still have an effect on you!" 

 

She cupped my nape and pulled me in to kiss my nose as the water pours down on us.

 

"Let's get you cleaned up!" 

 

The whole shower ordeal finally finished and I was beet red the moment we got out. The amount of physical touch we did in there—oh god it's making my knees give up. 

 

Now changed to the clothes we brought, we walked out of the locker room with Nayeon's teasing.

 

"I didn't know your neck is your vu—"

 

"Shut it."

 

She was laughing on our way out and we completely forgot we're here illegally! 

 

"Hey, where did the two of ya come from?" 

 

Shoot!

 

"Nayeon let's go!" I grabbed Nayeon's hand and made a sprint out of the gym.

 

"Hey get back here!"

 

Oh no, oh no no no

 

"Dahyun look! A bus!" 

 

I followed her line of sight and saw the bus unloading passengers and without even knowing where it will lead us. We made a run to it and just like any mean-looking extras from Disney movies, they were left with dust as we boarded the bus who's already started running. 

 

We gasped for air as we settled in and once we manage to calm down, we laughed....laughed so hard I can feel my cheeks hurting. 

 

"Man I didn't know you had it in you to do that Dahyun! I was about to pay for whatever it is that needed to be paid for a shower but you actually ran!"

 

I still had a grin on my face when I realized what kind of bus is this. 

 

"No way.." 

 

"What is it—"

 

"Nayeonie! Let's go let's go!" I didn't let her finish as I let my excitement drag her to the second level.

 

"Woah." 

 

I was floored when the air hits my skin as we surf through the busy streets of New York at the top of this open bus. 

 

"Yeah! This is more like it!" 

 

We sat on the very front seat and took time to enjoy the scenery.

 

"Wooooh!" Nayeon yelled and I can't help but grin. 

 

Then I absentmindedly fished out my phone from my pocket, the camera and started recording, letting Nayeon's face occupy most of it. 

 

"Hi there! Meet my girlfriend! We're on top of an open bus right now and it feels great! This is the first time I rode this and who would've thought a sime ride could give me a magical experience like this!" I excitedly stated and focused the camera on Nayeon's face.

 

I did not take long recording when I noticed Nayeon's face. She was taken a back but wasn't surprised, she's just looking like me as if I'm an alien and it took me amoment to realize what was wrong. 

 

"Oh my god I'm sorry did I take it too far? Am I...Am I getting ahead of myself? Is it offen—" I rambled.

 

I mean what the hell was wrong with you Kim Dahyun! Get yourself together! You just called someone you met 2 weeks ago your girlfriend! 

 

I halted when Nayeon clung her arms around mine and rested her head on my shoulder as she shakes her head, "No. No, I like it when you call me that." 

 

That's when I felt my body relax. 

 

In a world filled with wireless earpieces—earbuds—here's Nayeon pulling a black stringed earphones and stuck the other bud into my ear. We spent the entire ride in each other's warmth as Best Damn Thing by Alexander Stewart started playing. 

 

It was going well until Nayeon started crying and I panicked of course. 

 

"Nayeon! What's wrong? Does something hurt?" 

 

She shook her head and wiped her tears, "I just remembered a very sad love story." 

 

I know damn well not to pry deeper and that is why instead of asking...I held her closer.

 

[A\N: Listen or watch before you proceed, and yes! first time editing so apologies! https://www.tiktok.com/@aiken1412/video/7009990756035251483?sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=7004799307040048642&is_from_webapp=v1&is_copy_url=0 ]

 

~~

Catacomb, New York City

 

"Woahhh. They're right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter