In your Dreams

In My Dreams

Do Hyun lays down on his bed, it's a rare instance for him for the past few months. He actually misses his bed. Eventhough the shooting locations for his new drama are mainly in Seoul, he hardly stays in his apartment, moreover sleeping on his own bed. He thinks that the only consolation is that his dog, Gaeul can visits him more often at the set. Today is the start of his one week vacation, just in time for Chuseok holidays. Early this morning he went to the gym and started his kickboxing lessons. He had his afternoon walk with Gaeul at the park.

It is a peaceful afternoon, until he heard someone's crying, the pleas are coming from some random bushes nearby the bench where he and Gaeul are resting. 

"Omma, Omma!"

He looked around and saw a young girl approximately 5 to 6 years of age. The girl seems lost. He isn't the type of person who is meddlesome, specially with the people he don't know. He is a celebrity, his features can easily be recognized by the most of the people, but he don't have the heart to just ignore the little girl. It is not safe for her to be alone in such place, generally it's dangerous and scary for a young kid to be alone outside. He therefore, approached the young girl. 

"Hey sweetie, what are you doing here alone, where are your parents?"

The young girl seems taken aback. He noticed that she moved backwards, it's a sign that the girl is not comfortable with his presence. If he look closely, her eyes seems guarded.

"It's ok, I'm pretty sure that your parents told you not to talk with strangers and they'll be glad to know that you are obedient, but I'm worried that no one is looking after you."

The young girl unconsciously wipe her tears using the hem of her sleeves. 

"Arf, Arf!" Gaeul barks which stuns the young girl.

"Gaeul, stop! You're scaring her!" 

Do Hyun chides, but Gaeul comes near the girl and roll on her back to show her belly.

"Ajhussi, can I touch your dog?" The smile plays along the young girl's lips.

"Sure, she shows you her belly because she likes you!"

The young girls gets more comfortable as minutes pass by. She slowly open up and tell Do Hyun that she lost the sight of her Omma while she was following the kids who were playing kites. 

"You're Omma, must be worried. Come, I'll take you to the information desk they'll help us find your mom!"

He didn't offer his hand, he thought it might scare her away, the girl smiles and nods and they walk their way to ask for help.

A few minutes later, a young woman  presumably in her mid-twenties or early 30s comes by the Park's information desk. He looked at the woman but he can't figure out why he can't see her face clearly, everytime he tries to look at her, a beam of light flashes from her face. He is curious to see her face but he was not suspicious or anything. What's important to him is that the girl is happy and looks secure upon meeting this woman who claimed to be her mother.

"Yoori-ah!"

"Omma!"

He witnessed the sweet reunion of the mother and daughter. The mother profusely thank him for accompanying and keeping her daughter safe. He didn't divulge any information about him, he didn't even bother to show his face that he hide perfectly under his mask.

"Yoori-ah, don't get lost again huh!" He kneels down to the young girl's level and lightly pat her head.

"Thank you, Samchoon and Gaeul-ssi!" 

When he was about to step out the office the young girl called him and handed him a box which he assumes as chocolates. He is not fond of sweet but he doesn't want to hurt the young girl feelings, so he wholeheartedly accepts the candies.

"True Happiness and love will come along your way Dong-Hyun-ssi!"

The woman speaks and he wonders how did she knows his name rather his real name. But despite of his curiousity he really has no time to ask, because people in the office might also discover his true identity. He bowed politely and hurriedly walks out of the office.

He looks intently at the box on his side table. He haven't seen those kind, the box is not ordinarily made of cartons, it is much heavier than the usual boxes. It also looks fancy, it's color appears to be a combination of silver and gold tones. The surge of intrusiveness creeps in, he gently opens the box and is surprise to see chocolate-coated candies and a note written cursively in blush pink paper which seems to be made from mulberry fiber.  The last time he saw this type of paper was during the filming of Youth of May, he recalls Myunghee wrote her wedding prayer's using that kind of paper. He laughs as soon as he read the note or he may say instructions enclosed in the box.

1. This is your very own "Dream Candies". This box of candies is made exclusively for you and it's not meant for sharing.

2. The candies comes in different shapes same with it's taste which will depends on how you are feeling for the day.

3. You are only allow to eat one piece each night, before you bedtime.

4. Each candy will give you a dream, be careful of your thoughts. The candies will give you either a sweet dream or nightmare.

5. The candies will help you realize the most important thing in your life.

6. The basic rules should be followed strictly, just enjoy and savor the flavors and more importantly  follow the desire of your heart.

"Aist, this is so witty and kind of cute. I have nothing to lose so why not follow the instructions." 

He happily takes a bite of cloud shape Candy. For the taste it is a bit salty at first but it become sweet as you chew it. The candy reminds him of salted caramel and chocolate mix, which he thinks were pretty awesome.

That's the last thing he remembered before he saw himself walking in a hallway and at the end there is a door leading to a conference room filled with the people he barely know.

"Good Morning, Lee Do Hyun-ssi!" A lady in her thirties greeted him while handling him a booklet. 

He remember this event, this was during the first script reading of Sweet Home. But why he is here? He thought.

The cast started introducing their names and the roles they will portray, of course they started with the male lead who is no other than Song Kang.

"Anyeonghaseyo, I'm Song Kang, I will play the role of Cha Hyun Soo!"

Do Hyun, initially audition for that role, what he didn't understand was the reason why the director instructed him to read the lines of  another character instead of the main lead.  It took several weeks for them to inform that he passed the audition and he will play Lee Eun Hyuk instead. Yes, he was a bit salty for not getting the lead role. During those times he developed some sort of insecurity, he was questioning himself, his acting skills in particular. But he told himself that he should be still thankful, after all he was casted in also important role. Perhaps he lost to more experienced actor because it's his destiny and he should trust the timing of his life.

"Anyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Do Hyun, aka Lee Eun Hyuk!"

"Anyeonghaseyo, I'm Go Min Si, I will be playing the role of Lee Eun Yoo!"

The girl introduces herself and he can't help but smile upon seeing her eye smile. He thought she's cute. She will play the role as his haughty sister, meaning he probably filming more scenes with her. That made him think of ways how he will build rapport and chemistry with her and his other co-actors. Which apparently, he didn't have difficulty doing so. Contrary on the character she portrays, she is a nice and sweet girl. The two hit it off in an instant, according to the staffs they showed immense chemistry during the filming. They wonder if it's the same off-cam, which is actually true, they are the same age and she's friendly. Among the casts she is the one he relies on the most, they became closer and often having fun during breaks. 

"See you soon, Do Hyun-Ah!"

"Same, Minsi-Ah, I hope we can work again in another projects!"

"I'm looking forward to that, so I can slap you too!"

"Yah, until now, I'm not forgiven! I see you are plotting a revenge!" He lets out a loud laugh.

"I'm just kidding, take care of yourself Do Hyun!"

She smiles and wraps her arms around him. He was taken aback by her actions, but he can't help but smile too. He will surely miss this girl.

Do Hyun wakes up as soon as he felt her hug. It was just a dream but why does it felt real. He look at the alarm clock, which shows 4:44am. He realizes that he haven't speak to Minsi since the last filming day of Youth of May.

"How long it had been, 3 months...almost 4 months."

It's the longest since they met. They casually send message to each other since they became friends but things change after that day. He tries to sleep again, but the dream somehow bothers him. He decided to strolls around, to shakes off all the uneasiness he felt because of that dream.

***

It's the 2nd night since he received the candies. He is actually contemplating if he would still eat the candies. The dream doesn't bother him anymore, moreover he doesn't want to associate the candies to his dream.  But he thought it is weird that he could no longer remember the face of the young girl who gave him the candies. He is known for his sharp memories, specially when it comes to remembering face and it annoys him not to recall the face of the person he spent almost the whole afternoon with. He tosses and turns on his bed and sleep doesn't visits him still. He grabs the box and and takes the heart-shape candy.  This one tastes sweet, like a strawberry which he likes and before he knew it he is already dozing off.

"They said our foreheads should touch, it's the way adults kiss!"

"Yah, Do Hyun-Ah, what are you saying?  Director asks, who is quite amused at Do Hyun's suggestions.

"I'm just sharing to Minsi what I learned from sunbaenim and our director."

"But Minsi, will you be comfortable with that?" The director asks once more.

"Yeah, it our second kissing scene so I guess, we can execute better this time" She blushes as she explains her thoughts about the kiss scenes they are about to shoot.

"Ok, it's almost like the first one, it's just that we will take shots on closer angles, meaning the camera focus is more on your faces and your lips. We would like the audience to see intimacy and passion. I believe you can do it!" The director explains his expectations.

Do Hyun can sense that Minsi's a bit tense, the way she constantly bit her lips, her awkward smile and salient fidgets, say it all.

"Are you ok, Minsi-Ah?"

She nods "Yeah!"

He don't buy it.

"Just relax, I won't do things that will make you feel uncomfortable." He lightly squeezed her hand.

"Lights, Camera, Action!"

The camera starts rolling. After the smooth deliveries of their lines, Do Hyun leans forward, he delicately touch the back of her neck and gently move his lips against her lips. It isn't the first time they kiss but it feels different in a good way. He felt the flow of electricity as soon as her lips touches his. He gently nibbles her lower lip as they go on with the kiss.

Her lips taste sweet, likes strawberries. He wonders if it's taste like the first time they kiss or did she use another flavored lip balm.  He can't believe how levelheaded he was at that moment the way he was able to restrained himself to not deepen the kiss. He's holding back for quite sometimes because he remembers his promise to her, that he will not do anything that will put her in an awkward situation. He is mentally counting the minutes their lips are glued together. Director-Nim already told them that they will shoot on multiple angles and they should keep on kissing until the director instructed them to stop. After seems like forever the director finally said.

"Cut!"

"Wow, that was beautiful and full of emotions. The two of you look good in the camera." One of the staffs is evidently astounded by their on-screen chemistry.

Do Hyun look intently at Minsi, her face is still red  and he can still see tear stains on her cheeks, instinctively he wipes those using the back of his hand. 

"You did great! I'm proud of you!" He whispers not realizing that he is staring on her lips. How many times he gulps as he imagines himself claiming her lips again, those lips that taste like chocolate coated strawberry.

Time check, it's 4:44am. Why does he wakes up at exactly the same time for 2 consecutive days after dreaming about her? He tries to close his eyes again but the image of their kisses flashes back on his mind. It leaves him no choice but to get up and prepare for early work-out. 

***

On the 3rd night, no matter how he busied himself, his thoughts is filled with her. It also doesn't help that she is so active in social media.  It's not that he deliberately lurks at her account but fans are bustling him with the updates.

After he showered he changed into his pajamas before he settles to his bed. He decided to do advance reading of his scripts. He notices a strange box on his side table. Oddly, he can't remember who gave him that and why it is in his bedroom. Out of curiosity he opens it and is surprise to see chocolate coated candies that comes in various shapes. He is intrigues with the teardrop shaped one that he immediately took a bite of it. He hurriedly spits out because of it's bitterness. He is not exaggerating but he really can't swallow it. He thought who would manufacture candies that taste so bitter. Did they use 100% cocoa beans on it? As far as he know 92% is already too much. Due to frustration he threw the whole box on the trash bin. He suddenly feels dizzy and the next thing that happens is he falls down on the carpeted floor.

He is standing in a hallway when he sees a familiar figure of a girl. He knew at once who is that girl. He calls her name but she didn't seems to hear him that's why he follows her. She stops at front of a door and when she is about turn the knob, she freezes on the spot. He approach her and lightly tap her shoulder but his hand just pass through her body. That phenomenon scares the hell out of him.  He notices that the door is slightly open and he wonders what kept her from entering the room. He took a peak and he sees himself talking to his stylist. Is he my doppelgänger? He can't understand what's going on, he is scared and confused but he decided to observe and listen to their conversation.

"So, you and Minsi will have date tonight?" His Stylist asks.

"Yes, but it's not the kind of date you are thinking, you know our original plan is to treat the staffs but public gathering is still prohibited. So we just decided to go on our own to celebrate."

"Really, what's holding you back? It's too obvious that you like each other."

"You know we're friends, she's like a sister to me!"

"Yeah, you were siblings in Sweet Home, but how will you explain that kiss."

He slightly raised his eyebrows and asks.

"Why, does it look awkward, as far as our concerns we did everything to make the kiss look spontaneous and I was careful not to make her feel uncomfortable."

"Relax bro! It's not what I mean. You look too natural, the staffs actually think that you are dating for real. And if you'll ask my opinion you seemed enjoyed it." The stylist lets out a naughty laughs.

Do Hyun was taken aback with his stylist statement. Was he that obvious? But he is right he enjoyed the kiss and it's true that they got carried away and that kiss actually boggling his mind ever since.

"Hyung you know I can't date! I have goals and to be in relationship is not my priority. I don't want  to be unfair to my partner just in case."

"You are too focus in helping your family and there's nothing wrong with that, but you should also consider your happiness. And If you will  speaks about fairness, tell Minsi that you're not ready to be in a relationship, don't give her false hope. I'm pretty sure you are not dense, the girl is head over heel on you. Or don't tell me you haven't get over your ex?"

"You know first love isn't that easy to forget!" Do Hyun gulps. He remembers that he broke up with his girlfriend not merely because of his management but because she cheated on him. It was to to painful and that made him afraid of commitments. 

"Yah, I knew it, so what's your plan? What about Minsi?"

"I don't have any plans with her, like I said she's just a friend, a colleague. No more no less!"

Do Hyun, shifts his gaze to the girl besides him. He witnesses how the tears start b in her eyes. She slowly turns around and quietly leave the place. He follows her but the lights along the hallway start to flicker, on and off, on and off. He lost sight of her, he squints his eyes as he feels throbbing pain on his head. Everything around him is spinning, instinctively he grabs on his hair but the spinning becomes faster each seconds until it forms into a whirlwind. The funnel shape-air, gets bigger and destructive each moment that passes, his eyes widen upon seeing how the air lifts objects on the alley, the shuttering sound of broken vases and glasses is deafening him. He crawls his way to find an open room. He screams for help but no sounds coming out from him. After few failed attempts, he finally find a door that isn't lock. He quickly creeps inside the room before he lost his consciousness.

The succeeding event, is that he sees himself sitting in a fancy restaurant besides Minsi, across is the man he presumed to be his doppelgänger. He also remembers this happening. He watch how she played with the food on her plate. He tries to grasps on the utensils on the table but just like earlier his hands just pass through the objects. He is still invisible.

"Why are you not eating you don't like it, would you like to order other food, Minsi-Ah?" His other self asks.

"No, it's just I'm still full."

Obviously she is lying. All the foods that Do Hyun ordered are her favorites. He continues to observes the two and he feels something painful in his chest just looking at Minsi's sad face which apparently his other self failed to notice.

"What's your next project after Jirisan?" 

She didn't answer right away instead she stares at him with so much longing. 

"Is there a dirt on my face?" 

"I like you Do Hyun-ah!"

Do Hyun drops his fork, what she said shouldn't surprise him, but he thought his reactions are still valid. He likes her too, but he is not ready of commitment.

"I like you since the first time I saw you!

"You should not!"

"I know because we are friends, we are colleagues and from the start you already drew the line between us."

"And you still choose to cross the line, when you know that it's impossible to happen. We have no future, we should just remain friends, that's the most decent kind of relationship I can offer."

"Yes, you are right. But I think I should tell you how I feel. I'm not expecting that you'll like me back. I just don't want to regret anything. I don't care if you turn me down at least I'm honest to you and to myself.

"Minsi-ssi, if you're done eating, let me take you home." He tries to divert the conversation.

"You shouldn't, friends and colleagues don't send each other's home. We shouldn't show that we care for each other. I'm sorry if I wrongly interpreted your actions.

I care for you, it's just that I don't see you the way you do to me! And if you want us to continue being friends then you should stop." He says out of frustrations with slight raised voice.

"You can go first, I'll just message Unnie, she'll drive me to my apartment." She exhales.

"If you say so! Then I'll leave first."

His other self stands up nonchalantly and he didn't even bother to look at her.

"Jerk!" He mutters to himself.

He stares at the girl besides him. She is such a brave woman, she knows she'll be hurt but she still chose to disclose her feelings for him. She remains levelheaded. He can't take away his gaze from her not until he saw the water drops on the table napkin. He look to see his image on the glass wall it was only then that he realized that the water is his very own tears.

"I'm sorry, Minsi-Ah!"

A funnel of air approaches and lifts him from his seat. He feels lightheaded against the strong force that separates him from Minsi. He reaches  out his hand and shouts her name but the air spins faster sending him out of the light. Darkness envelopes him. 

He open his eyes and sees himself laying on the floor. He pants heavily and sweat flows from his forehead to his temples. His body feels the hefty weight of his body but he still manages to sit on the edge of his bed. He looks at the alarm clock and the time says 4:44am.

***

He stayed home the whole day. All he wanted is to have peaceful vacation. But his thoughts are filled with her and he keeps on dreaming about the things that happened between them, combination of good and not so pleasant. By experienced he used to have dreamless sleep whenever he's too tired, however it's different during the past few days, all his dreams are vivid and feels real. 

Later that night, he opted to brew some camomile tea. He told his manager that he has trouble sleeping but he omitted the part about his odd dreams. His manager suggested him to drink the tea before bedtime.

He loves the aroma of the camomile it already relaxes him. He is halfway finishing his cup when he notices a cute box on his kitchen island. He opens it and sees chocolates inside. He picked  the foliage shaped one and the he's surprised that it's sourness overpowered it's sweetness.

"It taste weird, why do I have this?"

He felt that the effect of the tea is starting to kicks in that he decides to go to his room before sleep totally succumbs him.

***

He went to the park for his late afternoon jog . The weather is a bit colder and it's good that he decided to wear a hoodie. Gaeul, his jogging buddy is currently at his parents house. After a while, he rested on one of the bench when he heard a silent cry. He looks around and search where the weeps are coming from. Not so long he saw a little girl dress in pink sitting at the bench nearby. What does a little girl doing alone in the park? He looks at his wristwatch to check the time. It's 5:55 and sun is starting to set. He approaches the girl and he smiles seeing  her cute face. He thought he saw the kid somewhere he just can figure where and when. Her doe eyes looks familiar and her pouty lips resembles to someone he knows.

"Hey, what are you doing here, don't you know it's dangerous for a little girl like you to be alone outside?" 

"Omma, Omma!"

"Ok, you are looking for your Omma! Would you like me to help to find your omma?" He sits beside the girl.

The girl stands up on the bench and wraps her little arms around his neck. He was stunned but he feels the urge to cradle the young girl into his embrace. Even her touch feels familiar.

"It's ok, we will look for your Omma!" He smiles to assure the child.

The young girl shakes her head, she raises her hand and uses her index finger to point something.

"Omma!"

Do Hyun's gaze follows her hand gesture to see what she is pointing at. Not faraway, he sees an electronic billboard.

"Actress Go Min Si, announces her engagement to her non-showbiz boyfriend. The Wedding will be held on next Summer. It is said that the couple started dating after being introduced by actor Song Kang, who worked with Min Si in popular Dramas, Love Alarm and Sweet Home. We wish the new couple a blissful married life."

"Omma! Omma!" The child continues to blabber.

Do Hyun, gets confused, Min Si is getting married and why this child claims Go Min Si as her mother. He is not aware of what's going on, he can't understand the throbbing pain in his chest upon knowing the news, how come he didn't know that she is dating, she just confessed to him like 4 months ago. And Song Kang, why he didn't tell him that he introduced his friend to her. Why is she getting married when she barely know the guy, when did she meet him?

"Wait are you telling me that Min Si is your omma?" He asks the child with slightly raised voice.

The child cries louder, obviously startled with Do Hyun loud voice.

"Please stop crying, I'm sorry!" He hugs the girl and hush her ignoring his own tears that are escaping from his eyes.

"Yes, she is my omma, but she doesn't know yet, and there is high chance that we will never meet each other, because she will get married to that man."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm part of her future, but I might not be born!"

"She is getting married and you are her future daughter it actually makes sense. Why are you saying that you will never be born?

"Because you rejected her, you didn't love her back. She waited for you for so long but you hurt  and pushed her away. You took her for granted APPA!"

Do Hyun, gaze is fixed once again at electronic billboard. It looks like he is watching a movie, her life story is recorded on a cinema reel but it only plays her difficult times just to get over him. He didn't realize the pain he caused her not until this moment.

"Who really are you?" 

"I'm Lim Yoori. Appa, I'm supposed to be part of your future too. I'm your daughter but because of your choices I will never be born."

"You are my daughter, to Minsi?" The shock is evident on his face.

A strong wind blew their way and the foliage starts to fall from the trees. The ray of light also appears in the sky forming an image of the woman he perceives to be Min Si.

"Omma, Omma!" 

The image smiles at the child while she reaches out her hand. The child runs toward the image they hold hands and together they walk away from him.

"Please don't go!"

"The child turns her head. She smiles and wave at Do Hyun!

"Goodbye Appa, I'm happy to meet you even just in your dream."

"Please stay, Yoo-ri-Ah, Appa is sorry!" He pleads.

"Appa, we can't stay long here! I belong to the future but you already told Omma that there's no future between you and her. You defied your destiny, that's why I'm going back to heaven!"

"Don't leave me, Yoo-ri-Ah, Minsi-Ah, I love you!"

"It's too late, Goodbye Do Hyun-Ah!" The image of Minsi and his daughter slowly dissipate in the atmosphere.

The wind blows harder this time. The leaves starts flying around with mixture of dust in it. His eyes are already hurting. His vision starts to falter until he can no longer see anymore.

"I'm sorry and I love you Minsi-Ah!"

***

His eyes snaps open, he is glaring at his ceiling before he tilts his head sideward. The alarm clock show 4:44am. He cries so hard, he realized how foolish he is to dumped the girl he truly love. His dreams made him realize the only thing that is missing in life.

He search for his phone and immediately dial the number of his manager.

"Hyung, please send me Minsi's number, I need to speak to her?"

"Huh, I don't have her number, it should be you!" His manager didn't finish his word as he hungs  up the call.

He search for her IG handler to send DM but sadly he is blocked, it's his fault anyway. He swiftly gets out from his bed. He is determine to have her back in his life. He takes a quick shower and ready himself to go out. He drives to her apartment but she's wasn't there.

"Where she could be this early?" He asks frustratedly.

His phone buzzes, he received a DM from a fan and luckily it's an IG story posted by Minsi.

"She's in the ballet studio!"

He knows that place, he used to drive her to the studio during her ballet classes.

He arrived at the studio at exactly 9am. He recalls that her class usually starts at 7:30am and by now she must be finished with her lesson.

He waited in the lobby and approaches her as soon as she comes out from the dressing room.

"Minsi-Ah!" He pulls the lady towards him and envelopes his arms around her slim figure. 

"What are you doing here?" She is completely stunned to see him, moreover she didn't expect that she will be under his embrace. She tries to get free from his hold. But his grip tightens. "I miss you!" 

"Let me go, I can't breathe!"

Do Hyun loosen up when he realizes how tight his hold unto her. Minsi managed to scape his grasp and move back away from him. 

"Minsi-Ah, I'm sorry for rejecting you that night. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so stupid, I thought it's better of that we stayed friends but I realized that I'm just fooling myself because the truth is I like you too and I can't live without you. I can't imagine the future without you in it."

Minsi is flustered with his sudden confession. She never thought that he would come to her saying those words she longs to hear. She wants to run in his arms again, but her pride is holding her back. She can't deny the fact the she was extremely hurt by his words and his actions. She is still on the process of healing and acceptance. Now that, she slowly finding herself back, after he broke her heart into million pieces.

"Are you ok, Do Hyun-Ah, did you just come by to rehearse your line? Can't you find anyone who's willing to practice with you with your so-called method acting? You're really a great actor, you know!" Her sarcastic retort.

"Minsi-Ah!" He whispers, her words are harsh, it felt like someone stubbed his chest a hundred times. And what make it worse is to see the cold expression on her face.

Minsi on the other hand tries her best not to cry. She didn't expect that those words will come out from her. She knows how it feels to be rejected, moreover revenge is not on her vocabulary but she don't know why she blurted out something she surely knows that will hurt him. She fixed her gaze unto him, she didn't fail to notice how his face contorts upon hearing what she said. She subtly examines his face, he is skinnier than before, his eyes are dropping and looks tired, probably he's not getting enough sleep.

"I'm sorry!" He took a step closer to her but his sight becomes blurry. He tries to focus but everything around him seems spinning and next thing that happens is that he fainted.

"Do Hyun-Ah!"

***
He tries to open his eyes, and look around the surrounding. He is laying in the bed but before that, he remembers that he was on the studio talking to Minsi. His right arm feels heavy, and he is in pain because of the IV needle that is inserted directly on his veins.

He realized, he is at the hospital. 

"Do Hyun-Ah, you're finally awake!"

"Hyung, what I'm doing here?"

"You can't remember anything, don't you?" His manager asks.

He shook his head.

"Well, I received a call from Minsi, and she told me that you fainted. So I hurriedly went to the studio and checked  on you. The doctor advised that you should rest. You'd been stress and you exhibited signs of over fatigue. Don't worry, we can go home, once you finish the IV. But the doctor also prescribed a lot of multivitamin for you to take."

"Where is she?"

"I'm not sure, she was here earlier but she left as soon as I arrived."

***

It's been two days since he was discharged from the hospital and he haven't heard anything from her. His manager stays in his apartment, to ensure that he will just stays at home and will not do anything that could worsen his condition.

"Do Hyun-Ah, I will go to the grocery, is there anything that you like to eat for dinner?"

"Nothing in particular!" His simple response.

"Arasso, let's have kimchi stew tonight!

He sits on his sofa and check something to watch on Netflix when his manager comes back.

"Hyung, did you forget something?"

"Do Hyun-Ah!"

That voice, it's not his manager. He looks up and he almost stumbled from his seat as soon as their eyes met.

"Minsi-Ah!"

"I'm sorry!" She blurted out.  

"I shouldn't say those words, it only added to your stress. I always tell myself that I should forget you because you are cruel, not realizing that it was actually me that is harsh. I don't care if you will only treat me as your friend or as sister. I guess, it's much better than completely losing you." 

"I don't wanna be your friend anymore!"

Minsi looks down to hide her disappointment. But she understands his sudden change of heart.

"It's ok. I should go now, I will not bother you anymore."

She turns her back and starts to walk away but before she could reach the door, she felt his arms wrapped around her.

"I can't be just friends with you, now that I realize how much you mean to me. I love you Minsi-Ah, I'm in love with you for so long. I'm just coward because I'm so afraid to get hurt again if things will not work for us."

Minsi turns around to face him.

"Crazy!" She displays a cute pout while tears freely flows down her cheeks.

"I know!" He look lovingly at her as he tucks her hair between her ears.

"You reminds me of someone I know when you pout like that!" He lean closer to her until his forehead touches hers.

"And, who it might be?"

"Our daughter!" He whispers.

"Yah!" Her eyes widen due to shock. She lightly  slaps his arms out of reflex.

"Ouch!" He reacts. 

"You're just kidding, right? 

"Nope, You should know that I'll be the happiest if our future children will inherit your eye smile and cute pout." 

"Do Hyun-Ah! 

He thought she is the cutest when she is shy and blushing.

"I love you, my pretty Go Min Si!"

"I love you more, my handsome Lim Dong Hyun!"

"No, I love you most!" He retorts.

No one can predict the future nor change the past. He knows he still have time to worry about the future but for now nothing else matter but her and this moment.

***

4 years later...

"Do Hyun found himself wondering alone in the wood. He thought he is walking for roughly 30 minutes and he still have no idea where is going to. He allows his feet to take him wherever they will lead him to. It's mid-autumn and the colder breeze is just perfect for a hike.

Not faraway, he heard shrill laughters, by instinct he follows the voice, as the trail leads him to a beautiful lake by the meadow. A massive part of the land is covered with green grass and variety of colorful flowers. He saw his reflection on the crystal clear water. He continues to walk and search where the laughters are coming from. He gets distracted when he felt a light tap on his shoulder, he is surprise to see Minsi. She was wearing a white dress that reaches up to her ankles. He thought she is stunning even they're in the middle of a deep forest. She holds his hand and lead the way until they reach a lovely tree and there he sees a little girl running cheerfully towards their direction.

"Appa, Omma!"

His eyes snap open, he tilts his head on his side to see the face of his lovely wife who sleeping peacefully by his side. It's no surprise that his wife uses either his arms or his chest as a pillow. He pulls the sheet to cover her wife's as well to protect their bodies from the cold air coming from the AC. He brushes the strands of her hair away from her face. He chuckles as soon as he sees her slightly parted lips. But his sudden movements cause Minsi to stir from her sleep. 

"What time is it?" She asks, with her eyes still close.

He look at alarm clock on the side table. 

"It's 5:55, it's still early, you can sleep more!" He pulls her body closer to him and drops kisses on her forehead.

"I love you!" She whispers.

"I love you more!" 

***
Do Hyun and Minsi had been married for a year and for him the days he spend with his wife are the happiest.

"Love are you ok in there?" 

Minsi is still in bathroom, she's been complaining about headache, body malaise and nausea. Do Hyun is starting to worry and that he offers to bring her to the hospital. When she told him that it's been a month since she missed her period that's the only time they suspect that she might be pregnant. While waiting for Minsi, he noticed a  box that is sitting on Minsi's vanity table. The box looks familiar and out of curiosity he opens it to see handful of chocolate-coated candies. He laughs inwardly, knowing his wife loves for sweet.

After few more minutes she finally comes out and handed him the kit. His eyes and smile widen as soon as he sees the two red lines. He happily hugs and showers her kisses. He kneels down on the level of her tummy.

"Welcome home, Yoori-ah, I'm your Appa!"

Minsi laughs at her husband silliness, she thought he is quite obsessed with that name.

"Love, don't you think it to early to call the baby by that name."

"Love, I'm 100% sure that our first born will be a girl."

"Ok, if you say so!" She smiles but after a few seconds her facial expressions change from happy to disappointed.

"Lee Do Hyun, are you trying to steal my chocolates?" 

Apparently, he forgot to close the box.

"Of course not Love, I just took a peak, because the box looks cute and familiar." He was stunned because of her sudden flares.

"Don't you dare touch my chocolates!"

"Love, I'm sorry, you are not mad at me or are you mad?"

"Look love, don't tell me that you love chocolates more than you love me!"

"Yoori-Ah, please tell Omma not to get mad at me!"

The look of worry on his face is understated. His father and his father-in-law warned him, they both said that the mood swing and rage of a pregnant wife is the scariest fear a man could ever feel.

Minsi laughs at her husband face.

"Of course not my Love. You know that I love you more than anything in this world. But promise me you'll never touch my chocolates again, specially this one, it's my favorite and it's a limited edition"

"Really Love, if it's a limited edition don't you think it's better if you'll share that to someone special to you." He smirks.

"I said no and no buts!"

"Yah, why you won't share, even just one! Gosh"

"No, No!"

The two continues to bickers over a box of chocolates. 

***

Somewhere above, two angels are sitting on the clouds.

"What are you looking at Noona." A little boy asks.

"I'm watching Omma and Appa." Yoori sighs

"You mean, those two? The boy asks, sporting a  curious smile for witnessing and hearing the two humans' childish banters.

"Do you think they are ready to be parents?" She asks.

"It's there first time to be parents, for sure they are both excited to meet you."

"It isn't my first time to meet Appa!" 

"Huh? 

"I always visits him in his dreams and I'm happy that will finally spend more time with them.

"You're going down to earth now?"

"Yes, I'm sorry that will left you here alone for a while."

"will miss you Noona!"

"We will see each other again, Lim Yuki!"

"In two years, Noona, for the mean time, I'll be saving all my kisses for Appa and Omma."

***

"Love, wake up! Are you having nightmare?" Do Hyun lightly nudges his wife.

Minsi, pants as she open her eyes. She sits on the bed and hastily hugs her husband.

"I dreamt of our daughter, she's so beautiful and she is talking to her brother! I can't wait to meet them" She cries.

"Wait, are we having twins? I need to be ready if that's the case!"

***

Yooki winks as she wave goodbye to Yuki.

"See you soon baby brother!"

And a meteorite is sited across the sky.