single part

secretly i think about you all day

This is not my first language so forgive me for the mistakes and enjoy!

_______

The satisfying sound of vegetables being cut and the smell of food being cooked were just some of the reasons why Jeongyeon chose to have a restaurant, she always loved to cook, and opening a restaurant was definitely a great idea. And Jeongyeon doesn't like to be just in the management of the business, she also gets her hands dirty, well, she did it before hiring the kitchen staff.

And that's what she was doing, as she slowly walked through the restaurant's large kitchen, which at lunchtime was packed, so Jeongyeon watched her employees prepare the most sophisticated and elegant orders she had chosen for today's menu. 

The cook, satisfied with everything, left her employees to work and we went to her office, sat in her soft chair and began to read her recent correspondence, whether it was resumes, thank you letters or even secret admirers, that Jeongyeon was sure who just wanted to steal your recipes. The restaurant was opened less than a year ago, but it was already very successful (and caused a lot of envy). But none of them contained any letter from her ...

She finishes reading and takes a deep breath, looking at the photos on her desk, a photo of her majoring in food and management, a photo with all seven of her best friends, and a photo with her ex-girlfriend, Jeongyeon lowered this last photo, her stomach filling with butterflies. It's been 5 years since they've spoken, it was a difficult ending.

Jeongyeon sighed heavily, wiping away the tears that had formed at the corners of his eyes and blurring his vision. She takes off her glasses and leaves them on the table, instantly remembering who gave her those glasses. The cook put them back on her face. A knock on the door snapped her out of her depressing stupor.

"In between." She ordered.

Sooyoung, one of his cooks, opened the door a little and poked her head inside, Jeongyeon smiled nervously, knowing that Joy was synonymous with trouble. 

"What happened, Sooyoung?" The cook raised an eyebrow. "Is there a problem? Did Wendy fight you again?"

"No Chef, no problem and me and Wannie are fine." Sooyoung smiled nervously, fully entering the room. "Actually, there's a client causing a stir in the salon." 

"And what's the reason?"

"When cumim delivered today's menu, she chose her dish normally." Sooyoung started gesturing nervously. "But look, she's accompanied by a kid, who wanted to eat some hot cheese."

Sooyoung wouldn't even have to finish talking, Jeongyeon had fully understood.

"So the kid started screaming that he wanted to eat hot cheese?" The Chef completed as if it were obvious, getting up and passing by Sooyoung, entering the kitchen where Sengwan, her Sous chef, watched them from afar, Jeongyeon was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

"In Chef, her mom demanded the sandwich, even when the kid said she didn't want the hot cheese anymore." Jeongyeon raised her eyebrows in surprise, this strangely her of her ex-girlfriend.

"Alright, who's serving her?" the cook asked, fearing it was her most sensitive waiter. 

"It's Seoulgi." 

Chef's blood froze and Jeongyeon quickly left the kitchen and entered the hall, lifting her head to look around, catching sight of the top of Seoulgi's head, she wiped the imaginary dust off her apron and walked quickly (trying to maintain her posture) until where the waitress was. 

"Is there a problem here, Seulgi?" Jeongyeon asked putting his hand on Seulgi's shoulder, trying to reassure the crying girl. 

"Not Chef Yoo." Seulgi replied, holding back his tears, the girl was really sensitive.

"Then you can go back to the kitchen, I'll take it from here." Jeongyeon patted Seulgi on the back, who said goodbye respectfully and ran to the kitchen.

"Jeongyeon?" The cook froze as she realized where that voice was coming from, Jeongyeon finally looked at her customer. 

"Nayeon?" She could hardly believe it, her heart clenched in anger and pain. "You made my employee cry!"

"Don't blame me, you who don't know how to pick strong employees." The rabbit-toothed woman glared at Jeongyeon.

"You have no right to talk to me like that!" 

"Please go back to your cooking team and bring us what my baby wants!" Nayeon demanded.

"It's called the kitchen brigade and not the cook team!" Jeongyeon stamped her foot with her arms crossed, marveling that Nayeon still knew how to piss her off. 

"Whatever."

The cook took a deep breath, avoiding cursing the woman, for the child was still at his side.

"So this is your daughter , I suppose?" Jeongyeon asked, a lump in his throat, Nayeon stared at Jeongyeon and then looked at the child beside her, who was looking at her with big, amused eyes.

"Yes." She replied simply.

Jeongyeon smiles sweetly and looks at the child. 

"I'll get you some hot cheese, okay?" The child quickly shook his face, with a particularly familiar smile. "May I know your name and your age, cute little thing?"

"Super Jisoo!" The child said excitedly. "And I'm four years old." The girl raised her tiny hand, three fingers raised, Nayeon helping her lift the last one.

"Oh, I see, almost a woman." When had Nayeon had a daughter? And why it hurts so much in Jeongyeon. "Unnie will bring you your hot cheese, with a juice on the house."

Little Jisoo didn't understand what it meant, but she thanked him.

"And you, Mistress Im, what would you like?" 

"Miss yet, Yoo." Nayeon corrected her. "And I've already placed my order, just Bi Bim Bap."

"I'll make your order myself, Miss Im." Jeongyeon replied, smiling painfully.

"Thank you Chef Yoo." 

The cook left the room, where the other customers were no longer looking at the fuss Nayeon was making. Entering the kitchen she finally realized she was holding her breath, so she ordered Wendy to bring the ingredients to start.

"Is everything alright, Chef?" Sengwan asked when she brought everything. "I can call Joohyun Unnie if you like." 

"No need Wen, go ahead, help Sooyoung, she's glaring at me." Jeongyeon hit the older woman on the head and started preparing lunch for Nayeon and little Jisoo.

Reality hit Jeongyeon again, Nayeon had a daughter, a daughter with someone else. But wasn't that what it was supposed to be? After all, Jeongyeon had asked Nayeon to move on, hadn't he? So why does it hurt so much? Maybe she should talk to Joohyunn later, after all, a psychologist at work was good for something.

"Chef?" The cook was started when someone touched her shoulder.

"Oh Seulgi, are you alright?" 

"I'm better, Irene, I mean, Joohyunn helped me." Jeongyeon intended not to notice the blush on Seulgi's cheeks. "Thanks for coming to the rescue."

"No need to thank me, it was the right thing to do." Jeongyeon replied, still assembling Nayeon's plate. "And she mean to you, I wouldn't let my favorite employee suffer at the hand of an evil witch." 

"Hey!" Jeongyeon heard Yerim yelling from across the kitchen. "I thought I was your favorite employee." The waitress spoke.

Jeongyeon smiled. "You are too."

"Do you want me to go serve her? I'm ready to face her." Seoulgi said proudly.  

"Not, alright." Jeongyeon places the two plates on a tray and heads towards the door. "I can handle an old witch all by myself." 

She left, balancing the tray. Nayeon is fixing the child's hair when Jeongyeon sets the dishes on the table.

"I hope you like the food." Jeongyeon speaks and looks at the child, who looks at the sandwich with passion in his eyes, strangely reminding him of Jihyo, his best friend. "This sandwich is my specialty." 

"Yes Jisoo, Jeongyeon Unnie makes the best sandwiches in the world!" Nayeon said happily, a smile growing on his handsome face. Jeongyeon's heart ached again.

"Then enjoy your food." The cook stood up when Nayeon started to eat, Jisoo looked at Jeongyeon and made a crying face.

"Unnie, please stay." Jisoo split his sandwich in two, offering a portion to Jeongyeon. "Have half the sandwich." 

"No thanks, I already had lunch." Jeongyeon politely declined. 

The child pouted and became sad, eating silently, Nayeon tapped him on the shoulder and made Jeongyeon sit down.

"Jeongyeon would love to eat with us, wouldn't he?" Nayeon looked at the cook, and the younger one nodded quickly.

Jeongyeon couldn't refuse, she ate the piece of sandwich the child gave her. 

"So how are you?" Chef asked absently, watching her ex-girlfriend wipe the corners of the child's mouth.

Nayeon looked up at Jeongyeon, Jisoo had already started to nap after eating his sandwich and drinking all his juice. The older woman was still eating when the child climbed into her lap to take a nap. The cook's heart wept at the sight.

"I am fine." Nayeon replied smiling, hugging the little girl who lay her head on his chest, holding the sweater that the older one wore. "Very busy."

"I understand." Jeongyeon answered, and an uncomfortable silence seized the place, only the noise of the other customers was present. 

"Didn't know you had a restaurant." The older one tried to start a conversation.

"Yeah, I just opened it." Jeongyeon responded, watching Nayeon finish eating with difficulty as the child was already dozing in his lap. 

"You could have asked me to the opening." Nayeon said hurt, sad because she didn't know anything more about Jeongyeon's life.

"I thought you didn't want to see me." The cook says hopefully.

"I would come, it was obviously something important to you." 

"I am really sorry." Jeongyeon responds with her head down, she cleared and looked at Nayeon again. "So I didn't know you had a daughter."

Nayeon froze momentarily, she looked at the peacefully sleeping child. 

"Yeah, hardly anyone really knows, even if I sometimes want to show her off, her mom would never let me." Nayeon said the last part without thinking, then fell silent.

Jeongyeon shuddered at the thought of Nayeon having a wife, she glanced absently at the kitchen door, where she spotted Joy and Yeri's head outside, spying on her.

"She must be a lucky woman then." The cook looked back at the older woman, Nayeon looked down.

"Yeah, looks like it." Nayeon said dejectedly. 

"Forge me." Jeongyeon said suddenly, looking down at his palms in his lap.

"For what?" 

"For everything." She replied, Jisoo shifted in Nayeon's lap.

"Alright Jeong, we don't need to go through this right now." Nayeon said sadly, a tired smile on his face. "Even if it's necessary."

They were silent, Nayeon expected Jeongyeon to say something else, but it looked like Chef was on the verge of tears.

"You know, I thought you were going to show up, I really thought you were going to show up." Nayeon finally says, wanting Jeongyeon to know everything she's been through.

"I was afraid to go, even if I loved you."

"I waited for you Jeongyeon, I waited for you in that damn park." Nayeon was talking, now with tears in his eyes, still talking softly so the child wouldn't wake up. "And you didn't, you left me waiting, you lied to me."

Jeongyeon just lowered his head in shame. They would run away together, even Jeongyeon's parents wouldn't find them.

"I regret." 

"But that doesn't change anything now." The cook faced Nayeon, getting up and she excused herself. "Now will you run away again? You told me to move on and I did it!"

The Chef froze and went back to Nayeon.

"I was confused, I just wanted to impress my parents, I didn't want to leave you Nayeon." Jeongyeon sighed, lifting his head so the tears wouldn't fall. "I didn't want you to move on either." She admitted it.

"I thought I was enough."

"But you were enough." The cook sat down again.

"But it didn't look like it." The woman with glasses took them off her face and rubbed her hands over her face frustratedly. 

"I'm sorry Nayeon for all this." Jeongyeon took Nayeon's free hand. "I regret it, and if I could turn back time I would, I would do anything to be with you now."

"It's not like we can change anything now." A vein of tension leapt in Jeongyeon's neck. 

"I tried to find you after that Nay, but you were gone, your mother said you moved to live with Jihyo." Jeongyeon swallowed the lump in his throat. "And I couldn't find Jihyo either, Tzuyu didn't even want to talk to me."

"I didn't want to see you, Jeogyeon. I hated you." A loom trickled down Nayeon's face, she wiped it away before falling down her chin.

"I know that, Jihyo told me." Cook wiped her own tears with the back of her hand. "Do you still hate me?"

"Not. No more."

"Dahyun said you still hated me." Nayeon laughed sadly.

"I didn't know you still had contact with the girls or Jihyo." Nayeon asked, fiddling with the child's clothes.

"We still meet every once in a while, Momo comes at least twice a week to get a free lunch. Dahyun always comes at the end of the month with Sana. Mina works nearby so she eats lunch almost every day here."

"And Chaeyoung is out of the country." Nayeon completed. 

"Yes." Jeongyeon smiled. "I missed them. I missed you." Jeongyeon placed his hand on the table, Nayeon placing hers close.

"You've lost a lot in the last few years, Jeong." The eldest spoke sadly. "You lost Sana and Dahyun's engagement, didn't appear on Chaeyoung's debut on his rapper debut."

"I didn't want to show up, I'm still ashamed of everything I've done to you."

"But that doesn't mean you shouldn't show up to them. I would never stop them from talking to you."

"I'm sorry I didn't meet you at the park." Jeongyeon replied, a lone tear falling down his face. "And for not being present in the girls' lives."

Nayeon smiled sadly, shaking Jeongyeon's hand.

"You are here now." She said. "And you can still go to Sana's wedding with me if you want."

"But what about your wife? Won't you go with her? Isn't that cheating? What would your daughter do if she found out you were going to split up? Would it be my fault?"

"Daughter?" Jeongyeon looked at the owner of the voice above them, the confused Jihyo approached the table. "What are you talking, Jeong Unnie?"

Nayeon laughed with the laugh that Jeongyeon loved so much, and the child in his lap woke up quickly, looking at the woman with the big eyes, raising her little arms towards Jihyo.

"Omma!" Jisoo yelled and Jihyo took the little one in her lap.

"My baby." The singer took the child in her lap and kissed her cheek, putting her hair back, making her bangs mess up, the child even arranged it, putting her hair behind her big ears.

"Wait a minute." Jeongyeon sat up straight in her chair. "So you and Nayeon have a daughter?" She asked horrified at the idea.

"What? No!" Jihyo hugged her daughter, who hung around her mother's neck. "Where did this idea come from?"

The big-eyed woman looked at Nayeon, who was holding back a laugh.

"It was a good prank, Dahyun taught me how to do it to get free food, after making a fuss of course." Nayeon wiped an imaginary tear from the corner of his eye. "Dahyun knows how to have fun!"

"Are you using my daughter Nayeon? I'm going to kill Dahyun!!" the mother asked in exasperation. "You know if Tzuyu finds out about this she will forbid you from going out with Jisoo!"

Then a click made in Jeongyeon's head, so was this what Tzuyu had always wanted to show her, his little daughter? Jeongyeon always refused Tzuyu's proposals that she go to the couple's house.

"Tzuyu wouldn't do that, the godmother needs her goddaughter." Nayeon crossed his arms.

"What wouldn't I do, Unnie?" 

"Wouldn't stop loving me!" Nayeon exclaimed, giving his big, characteristic smile showing his gums.

"Never, unnie." Tzuyu stated smiling happily. "How's my favorite Park doing?" The tall girl asked, looking at her daughter, the child's ears twitched as Jisoo smiled, displaying a dimple similar to Tzuyu's.

"I thought I was your favorite Park." Jihyo pouted and Tzuyu kissed his head.

"It was before our baby owl was born!" The tall woman exclaimed, looking at her daughter she asked. "How was your day baby?"

"Aunt Nayeon made a waitress cry, because they didn't serve hot cheese." Jisoo gestured to Seulgi who was serving another table. "It was that girl over there."

"She made Seulgi cry, it's like making a baby cry! It's inhumane!" The cook exposes angrily.

Jihyo frowned and glared at the older woman, who looked away and intended she wasn't there.

"Unnie? What's on your mind?" 

"Wind, just wind." Jeongyeon replied with a shrug. "And you will apologize to my employee!"

"That's why Momo doesn't like to hang out with you." Tzuyu intruded. "You always make her cry."

"After all, where were you? If you had been here, none of this would have happened! I was waiting for you for hours, I had to talk to this idiot here!" Nayeon changed the subject and pointed to Jeongyeon who looked offended.

"you, you son of a bi-!"

Jihyo didn't say anything, just pulled her dress down further, as if she had noticed something, Tzuyu nervously tugging at the collar of her blouse, unintentionally displaying the red marks on her neck, probably caused by Jihyo.

"Ah, no need to be nervous Tzuyu." Jeongyeon joked, patting Tzuyu on the shoulder. Realizing that they must have enjoyed this time away from Jisoo. "They are beautiful hickeys!"

Tzuyu's whole face turned red, including the tips of his ears, Nayeon laughed and took his goddaughter from Jihyo's lap, the big eyed woman lightly squeezed one of Tzuyu's hot red ears.

"We were just shopping for Christmas." Jihyo smiled as falsely as possible.

"What is 7 months from now?" Nayeon asked. "Last time you 'shopped'." The rabbit made quotes with her hands. "I had to plan a baby shower."

"I know what you've been up to Tzuyu."

Tzuyu's ears turned completely red and Tzuyu hid in Jihyo's neck, the big eyed woman snorted.Chou Tzuyu had surrendered, Jeongyeon and Nayeon still managed to get information from their little TzuTzu

"Omma, so what am I getting for Christmas?" Jisoo asked, looking with his big eyes at Jihyo.

"Probably a brother." Jeongyeon replied, propping his chin on his hand and looking at Nayeon with an amused smile on his face, Jihyo couldn't help but elbow Jeongyeon.

"Whatever you want my dear." Tzuyu replied, scooping the child up and kissing her forehead.

"She will want a brother." Nayeon teased, earning a smile from his ex-girlfriend.

"How about a cousin Soo?" Jihyo countered. "I bet Aunt Nayeon and Aunt Jeongyeon can give you a cousin to play with."

It was Nayeon and Jeongyeon's turn to blushed at Jihyo's innuendo. Maybe in the near future. She needed to change the subject.

"So, your daughter is called Jisoo?" The cook asked looking at the child pulling both of Tzuyu's ears, who in turn made faces at Jisoo. "Don't you have creativity?"

"Shut up." Jihyo rolled her eyes. "It is a beautiful name."

"Very narcissistic of you." 

"As if I didn't know you Nay, you probably would name your daughter Nayeon Jr."

"I would name it Jeongyeon." Nayeon locked eyes with Jeongyeon, who was blushed, Jihyo looked at the exchange of glances curiously.

"Chef." Jeongyeon was interrupted when Sooyoung appeared and grabbed his shoulder. "We have a problem."

The chef widened her eyes and got up quickly, looking at Nayeon expectantly, Joy quickly returned to the kitchen.

"Alright, we meet tomorrow, I'll see you at the Dokseodang playground for us to figure out what outfit you'll wear to Dahyun's wedding." Jeongyeon's heart pounded in his chest, with a small sign of confidence and hope.

Jisu's ears twitched at the mention of going to the park. 

"You're not going to park Jisoo-yah, you have a dentist tomorrow." Tzuyu lightly squeezed Jisu's ears, the child sighing in defeat.

"See you tomorrow, bad witch."

"Stupid ostrich."

And just as Jeongyeon said goodbye to Jihyo, Tzuyu and little Jisoo, she returned to the kitchen, finding Yerim washing her hair in the sink while Joohyunn scolded Joy and Wendy doused a uniform that was on fire in the corner of the kitchen. 

Jeongyeon had enough problems already, she seriously thought about firing her entire kitchen brigade and hiring new people, she bets Jiwoo and Haseul would make great employees.

But she'll think about it after seeing if there's any hair left on Yerim's head, and see if Wendy or Joohyunn give you advice on how not to screw up a relationship anymore.