If I Left …

Monsta X Family

There will always be a day that one of the eldest members in the group would enlist and do their military service. Other groups are starting to let their member one by one, and now it's time for Monsta X. They recently did promotions for "GAMBLER" and gained many attentions for those people who don't know Monsta X before. After Shownu's birthday, he announced that he will enlist on July 22nd , many Monbebe (Monsta X's fandom) were shocked and worry about the decision. Some of them thought that he will be free from enlistment since he underwent many operations on his eyes and injured before. But Shownu is not that kind of person who would neglect his responsibility. Though he's an only child, he wants to be a good example for s. 

 

This morning, Shownu ran to his gym apartment to have his morning workout session. He texted Kihyun before that he'll be in the gym in 5 minutes. 

 

Shownu jogged along the way and looking around on the way to his gym apartment. He'll miss his routine morning jogs. He'll miss having breakfast with s. He'll miss his sons silly behaviour, Minhyuk reckless acts, Hyungwon sleepyhead, Kihyun's cooking. Yeah, He'll miss Kihyun by his side. 

 

Shownu arrives at his gym apartment. He turns on the light and lowers his hoodie. He'll miss his hideout place too. 

 

"I need someone to take care of this place too...", he mumbles, "the kids can use this place for daily gym and dance practice..."

 

As he arranges his stuffs inside the small cupboard, someone enters the apartment. Shownu turns to look at the person and he smiles, "oo.. wasso (you're here)?"

 

"Joheun achim (good morning), hyung...", Kihyun greets Shownu, "it's early in the morning..."

 

Kihyun sits beside Shownu and asks him, "Do you need any help with those stuffs?"

 

Shownu weakly nods. He gives Kihyun CDs and medicines to arrange. 

 

Kihyun catchs the atmosphere quickly as Shownu turns quiet and walking to his small gym corner. He begins lifting and looking away with wandering thoughts. 

 

"Waeyo, hyung ?", Kihyun asks again, "Seems you've been thinking a lot lately"

 

Shownu nods, "Ung..."

 

Kihyun asks again as Shownu didn't explain what's been heavy on his mind, "What is it ? What's wrong?"

 

Shownu looks away, avoiding Kihyun who's trying to catch his expression.

 

"If I left for military, will you miss me ?", Shownu suddenly asks him. 

 

Surprise by the question, Kihyun turns to look at Shownu and slowly placing his hand on his shoulder, "Do you need to ask that? Of course I will miss you, hyung. The kids too"

 

"Jinjja ?", Shownu doubtly asks. 

 

"Yeah, You'll be away for 3 weeks in training camp. We could handle that..", Kihyun says. He arranges Shownu's stuffs on the right place and then heading to the gym corner. 

 

Shownu follows him to the gym corner, "But I won't be able to be with you all... for a while..."

 

There's a silent between them when they start exercising. 

 

Shownu with his lifting exercise and Kihyun with other equipment. 

 

"You'll be with us after the training camp, right ?", Kihyun asks suddenly. He seems begin to doubt his confidence that Shownu will be with them after 3 weeks training. 

 

"There's always an option... I could be in my parent's house, or with you guys in the dorm...", Shownu answers between his lifting, "But what if I can't go back until 21 months ?"

 

"You won't ?!", Kihyun surprised again with what he said, "Wae ?!"

 

Shownu shrugs his shoulders, "I was saying "what if"... if I can't, please help me take care of this place..."

 

Kihyun quickly answers, "I will. I will clean it and use this place, don't worry about that..."

 

Shownu continues, "Please check frequently on Hyungwon and Jooheon... cook them something if you can..."

 

Kihyun quickly replies again, "No need to tell me about that.. I will.."

 

Shownu adds, "Please... keep an eye on Minhyuk... he'll be in charge while I'm away... and Changkyun-ie... well, please take care of Changkyun..."

 

This time Kihyun didn't reply him. Noticing his silent, Shownu turns to look at him. Kihyun drenched in sweat after squatting, grabbing his towel and dry his sweat.

 

"Kihyun-a ? did you hear what I said ?", Shownu sulks as Kihyun seems not listening to him. 

 

Kihyun gives him a death glare, "I'm listening..."

 

Shownu, who's afraid of Kihyun when he's angry, avoiding to add more fuel to his fired up engine. 

 

Then Kihyun continues, "Just do well on the training, you'll be back in 3 weeks.. and please don't worry too much about others. I just want you to be healthy during your training camp..."

 

Kihyun says as he looks at Shownu, this time his stare means something calming for Shownu. 

 

"Eung.. na hangsang jalhae (I always do well)... gokcheongma (don't worry)...", Shownu lets out a weird laugh. He didn't know what to do, even Kihyun tried to ease his mind. Both of them went silent. Shownu dries his sweats and sits on the couch. 

 

"Then what is it that's been heavy on your mind ?", Kihyun sits beside him and handing him a bottle of cold water. Maybe Shownu would ease a bit.

 

"I... I never left you guys for soo long before.. and I would blame myself if there's anything happen to you all...", Shownu starts to share his thoughts, "I felt sorry and worry, that's why..."

 

Kihyun turns to him, "Don't blame yourself, Hyung. You need to share your burden to us now. I don't want you to be like... like when He left us... it's not your vault..."

 

Kihyun avoiding saying the name, as he tries not to awake old memories, "Each one of us will go to the military service one by one.. and the others will keep the band on the track while ones away..."

 

Shownu takes another gulp of water, "I will miss your cooking..."

 

Kihyun blushes, Shownu always loyal when flattering him, "I know you will... should I send over some for you ? do they allow it ?"

 

Shownu chuckles as Kihyun concerned about his meals. Jooheon always cooking in their dorm and Kihyun also cooks for him frequently. 

 

"I'll endure it for 3 weeks.. ", Shownu bravely says, "but you'll have to cook for me when I'm back..."

 

Kihyun smiles widely, "Deal !"

 

Shownu checks on his iwatch, and taps Kihyun's shoulder, "Let's head back. I want to have quality time with all before I left"

 

Shownu grabs his duffel bag and heads to the door. 

 

Kihyun scrunches his eyebrows behind Shownu's back. His hyung seems mellow and sensitive at times like this. He turns off the light and aircon and heads to the door, following Shownu. 

 

On the way back to their dorm, Shownu purposely walks behind Kihyun. He scroll his iphone and noticed that there's no recent picture of Kihyun on it. As they walk through their neighborhood, Shownu secretly snaps a few pictures of him to keep.

 

Noticing something weird behind him, Kihyun turns around and found Shownu laughs happily looking at his phone. 

 

"Oo... mwo haessoyo (what did you do) hyung ?", Kihyun asks curiously, it might've something interesting that make his hyung smiled. 

 

"Aniyo...", Shownu gave a short answer, making Kihyung curious even more to what he do in his phone. 

 

Kihyun slowed his pace and walks beside Shownu. He turns to peek at his phone and surprised to see his back figure that captured by Shownu. 

 

"Oh wae ? you should take a proper picture tho..", Kihyun whines at Shownu, he didn't fond of his back pictures. 

 

"I want to have a candid one, so that's why...", Shownu says, "but if you want a proper one, stand over there, I'll take your picture.. "

 

Kihyun follows Shownu's instruction and starts to pose for Shownu. He shots several poses and angles of Kihyun and satisfied with what he did. 

 

"Jal jjikosso (I captured well)", Shownu praised himself, "but I like this one most".

 

Shownu snapped Kihyun in his black shorts and white shirt, with snap back cap and sling bag,  looking cool to the camera. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kihyun peeks at the shots and somehow satisfied, "I looked like a cool guy"

 

"You are cool..", Shownu praises, "always..". He focused on his phone again, arranging the new pictures. 

 

"Send me those, hyung...", Kihyun says, "I'll post them in Instagram"

 

Hearing that, Shownu beams with happiness.

 

"Okay!", Shownu says, "don't forget to tag me!"

 

Kihyun shakes his head and embrace Shownu's shoulder from the side, "Arassoyo, hyung !"

 

Both of them walk around the neighborhood on a sunset. It was a meaningful quality time for them. 

 

 

 

 

* Hey guys, I'm back. Its been long since the last time I wrote ff. This year mark my 10th year being a ff writer in Asianfanfics. But I decided to post this on Wattpad first to reach younger audiences. Hope you enjoy my writing :)