Chapter 1

The Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoohyeon! It's just a bug! Just kill it instead of screaming like a baby who didn't get what they want when your is a grown up stupid twenty one years old !!"

 

 

"Unnie! It's not just a bug! It's a big bug! Don't talk as if it's ea- AAAAAA!! GO. AWAY!!" Bora rolls her eyes and facepalm herself at the emphasize words followed by a train sounds after, imagining how Yoohyeon (her half cute half idiotic best friend) flaps her hands in tiny to shoo the bug away. 

 

 

She admits, and this is a fact that she's sure everyone will definitely agree on. This tall lanky girl is cute, sweet, caring and all but ing Yoohyeon is ing Yoohyeon. The only human being she knows who can't kill a small bug and wouldn't dare to touch any of them because she's so good for this world to do that and her heart is too kind to handle such stuff.

 

 

"If you keep acting like a little baby and don't act your age, what do you think your crush will think about you?" Bora grinned at herself, eyes still focused on the tv screen knowing how her best friend blinked her eyes as she considered the idea. "I bet you don't want to get teased by Minji anymore?"

 

 

Kim Minji.

 

 

The Kim Minji of their precious University. Who, by unexpected circumstances, was Yoohyeon's 'Beloved Sunshine' but Bora will rather call 'The rebel'

 

 

Occasionally, the shorter girl ignores the glares her best friend will aim and throw at her whenever she'll call the latter that, it's her friend too anyways. If ever, and after all, she was also the reason how they met.

 

 

Indirectly.

 

 

They never talk or something around that time, but Yoohyeon once saw how flawless and beautiful she looked when Bora dragged her to watch Minji that day.

 

 

("Ahhh~ Unnie! Let me go, please?" Yoohyeon tried again but soon surrendered with a heavy sigh when her rew2s⁶⁶wquest once again fell into nothing. Because the great Bora, or Queen, as she calls herself, pretended not to hear any of her "reasonable" objections to come with her.

 

 

Leaving with no other choice, Yoohyeon busied herself on the surroundings instead. Taking whatever it is in her eyeshot with some students and some athletes gathered in a corner as participants of a 400m relay. If it wasn't because of her best friend, she will probably have forgotten that today is sports day. 

 

 

Actually, she can also sign on those track and field if she wants since she is one of the fastest runners in their school. She would definitely volunteer to be a participant if it wasn't because of her inner self telling her to just jump on her bed and sleep instead because last week was a hellish week full of training and preparation for the upcoming championship she needed to be at and Bora here is not helping to ease the aches on her body at all.

 

 

"Really? Who is this person you wanted to watch? Can't you just do it yourself and let me rest? That sounds good and better, unnie." 

 

 

"Stop whining and complaining nerd, it's my friend. And probably soon to be yours as well," The shorter girl simply replied, slightly turning to give her whiny best friend a glance. A happy beaming smile etched on her lips upon seeing the taller pout on something from afar. "Oh? She's there!" Yoohyeon let out a 'oh !' when Bora suddenly tugged at her without any warning. Now, that counts on the pain her body had as well. After gaining her compuse, the taller between the two shook her head and followed Bora's fingers pointing in the middle. 

 

 

An amused smile made its way on her face while looking at the crowd she completely failed to notice. "Wow.." Is all she can muster. Because really, it's pretty surprising to see the gymnasium this crowded since students don't normally watch this type of match. Unless...

 

 

The tall girl freezes with mouth slightly open in awe. She stares at the girl with blonde hair tied into a messy low pony as she holds onto the fabric entangled to her and the opponent's waist. She doesn't know what people call it, but Yoohyeon assumes it was something you needed to hold onto in the game.

 

 

Yoohyeon was snapped out from her daydream when the place soon flooded by cheers and yells when Bora's friend casually lifted and threw her tall opponent on that soft surface within what? Seven seconds?

 

 

Yes!! A hella damn seven seconds!

 

 

"Unnie…." Bora turned around to see the cause of Yoohyeon's almost audible whisper. She's still looking in the middle, eyes surely glued to the blonde head. A mischievous grin and knowing look slowly made its way into her features, and Yoohyeon knows that well. Very well even.

 

 

"She's strong, isn't she?" The brunette briefly pauses and crosses her arms. "And beautiful, I know.")

 

 

It's a "crush at first sight" Yoohyeon said once. And up to this day, she can still remember the picture of Minji shining in blonde hair while a tear of sweat dripping from her forehead down to her neck. Wait! In her defense, she doesn't mean to trail down there. It's unintentional. 

 

 

Her smile.

 

 

The way her eyes will turn into crescent when she laughs or smiles. It will automatically bloom happiness inside her heart and that's a hundred percent can be the cause of heart death.

 

 

She's literally a sunshine. Perhaps the sun's missing daughter. Yoohyeon even wonders how a girl like Minji (the perfect girl in her humblest opinion) could be a rebel, like any other student would call her, like how Bora would call her 'Rebel Kim'.

 

 

How is she one when her face is nothing but an angel? She's not being cringey or exaggerated here, because again, it's a fact. A fact that Bora can't handle anymore since Yoohyeon is being a stupidly coward human being out there and walking freely with her boo boo lame excuses. 

 

 

Who in this world rants about their crush but never made a move nor confessed?

 

 

Probably only Kim Yoohyeon.

 

 

And it's pretty annoying.

 

 

"Just confess to her noodlehead!!" 

 

 

"Unnie! Can you please lower your voice? She will be here any time soon! And to remind you, I'm not within her level so it's a no!" Yoohyeon suddenly raised her voice in panic as she walked towards the living room where Bora was sitting with an annoying grin plastered on her lips. And then a groan was heard with Yoohyeon stumbling twice in the air and hitting her knees at the center table and tripping once again, causing her to fall on the couch with her face colliding first in the cushion Bora neatly placed there for her. "The difference is so big! I mean, have you seen her? She is Kim Minji and I am just… I'm just Yoohyeon." 

 

 

Actually, she looks so pathetic like this, Bora would think. Yoohyeon always worries about this. As if there's no chance of Minji crushing on her too.

 

 

Normally, she will tease and tell Yoohyeon that she's nothing but the girl's ankle. Because that's how their friendship works, real talk and dissing each other works much better than lovely sweet words. It may sound harsh for Yoohyeon's liking, sure, and Bora will never lie about telling the truth. But the case here is…

 

 

"You dimwit! Stop lying!" Bora then hits the taller's shoulders as soon as she sits at the other side of the couch with the other cushion resting against her back. 

 

 

This is one of many reasons why she hates her best friend sometimes, perhaps most of the time. Of course, she's Yoohyeon, a clumsy person who tends to break anything, or that person who tends to be an idiot in unexpected circumstances. Sure, she will best friend for that, but realistically, she doesn't mind. Because Yoohyeon is Yoohyeon and she doesn't have the right to judge her for being her.

 

 

But what she can't understand is that this tall lanky girl always compares herself to everyone. Say that she's not beautiful and just a nobody when she is this beautiful and kind in and out that Bora once thought can make her feel sick.

 

 

It's just her dragging herself down, which by the way is way more annoying than her being a scaredy cat. 

 

 

Insecurities.

 

 

Yoohyeon worries about anything and everything. Her look, her posture, her body and Bora had enough. That's why she keeps pushing her best friend to confess with a little bit of teasing. But most of it is actually a fact because she is not like that. Not like how Yoohyeon thinks of herself.

 

 

"I'm telling the truth!!" Yoohyeon counters back.

 

 

"Then give me one thing that can make her different from you. How can you be out of her reach?" 

 

 

White hair.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter