Final

Kyuhyun's roommate and his childhood best friend

 

!!!Warning!!! !!Grammar mistakes!!! !!Curse words!!

 

He smokes, He colored his hair when he wasn't supposed to, He dresses like a delinquent, Everyone is scared of him at school. Of course people are gonna assume that he's a "bad guy". But Cho Kyuhyun doesn't care about those rumors, because all he cares about is his games and his childhood best friend- Lee Donghae. Even if Donghae is older, he's just to cute and so clueless to be 2 years older than Kyuhyun. 

 

"Um Kyu?" Donghae asks while Kyuhyun escorts him to his classroom.

"Yes Hae?" Kyuhyun answers with a soft voice. One thing he does (that nobody knows) when he's with Donghae is talking with a sweet soft voice.

" I was just wondering if we could- you know- uh- hang out later?" he hesitates to question because despite being friends since childhood Donghae knows Kyuhyun has lots of other friends that he can hang out with.

" Of course, Hae " Kyuhyun says while they stop walking and Donghae reached the doorknob to his classroom. 

"I'll text you later Kyukyu. Bye"

" Bye, Hae." Kyuhyun runs to his own classroom after saying that, because he knows he's running late but he can't leave his cute hyung walk by himself.

 

Donghae is excited to hang out with his best friend after a long time. The only days they can actually hang out is the weekends, but exams got in the way and they had to study to pass. That is why he is now at the front gate of their school waiting for Kyuhyun 

"Donghae~~" a boy, a little bit shorter than Donghae spoke

"Hi Ryeowook!"

" Hey. Want to hang out? "  Ryeowook asks.

" I'm actually waiting for Kyu." Ryeowook frowns. "But you can come with us if you like" Donghae smiles at him. He doesn't want his friend to be sad because of loneliness, because he himself doesn't like being alone (except when he's upset). 

" Okay "

" Oh here he goes "

They saw Kyuhyun with another guy that has his arm wrapped around the latter's shoulders.

"Hae~ save me " Kyuhyun whines to his best friend. 

" Oh come on Kyuhyun, don't be like that it's been a while since you came out of the dorm." A student smaller than Kyuhyun but slightly taller than Donghae said.

" That's why I'm going out with Donghae "  Kyuhyun explains but the guy besides him is stubborn.

"Oh. Hello Donghae! " The student greets the cute boy.

" He-hello Eunhyuk-ssi " Donghae shyly greets the student.

" Can I come with you guys? The dorms a boring place" he said asking permission, not bothered by the glare Kyuhyun sent him.

" Of course Eunhyuk-ssi. In fact I have a friend that is also coming with us. His name is Ryeowook and he's Kyu's classmate and my roommate" Donghae explains

" Okay, that's nice " Eunhyuk said flashing his gummy smile.

" No, it's not monkey. I always see your face. I think I need a break." Kyuhyun complains at his friend

" Then close your eyes" 

" How the will that work ?"

" I don't know "

The two continue to bicker until Ryeowook decides to complain.

" Oh god. It's already 4:30 pm. Dorm gates closes at 7:30, we don't have that much time!!." Ryeowook suddenly said startling the three. Donghae agrees with a nod.

 " It's either two of you will come or we'll just leave both of you. And I'm very impatient." Ryeowook continues to nag at them.

" Okay okay we'll go. " Kyuhyun said 

" Yes!" Eunhyuk said jumping up and down

" Come here already or we'll leave you alone monkey"Kyuhyun said while walking towards his best friend. "C'mon Hae~"

 

" Where exactly are we going?" Eunhyuk asks, curious to where they're going, since it's only a walking distance it must be near the school.

" We're going to the amusement park. My Baby Hae likes amusement parks" Kyuhyun explains to his roommate. 

" 'Your' baby?" Ryeowook asks. " Last time I checked he was MY baby"

" That was one time. " Kyuhyun said as he recalls the memory of not being able to take care of his sick best friend because he was held back by a teacher who needs help organizing documents.

"But he's too cute to be yours"

" But he's too nice to be yours." Kyuhyun said Imitating Ryeowook.

" Can you please stop fighting over me?" Donghae finally said slightly irritated because of his friends.

" Yeah right " Eunhyuk butts in.

And they walk in complete silence.

 

After a 15 minute walk they arrived at their destination. Kyuhyun was the one to break the silence. 

" Since we only have two hours left. What do y'all want to do?"

"Let's go eat!! " Donghae excitedly suggest.

" I second to that" Eunhyuk said amazed by the cuteness of the other boy.

" What do you want to eat Hae?" Kyuhyun asks his best friend

" If it's alright, I want tacos" He shyly recommended.

" I'm alright with tacos." Ryeowook said

" It's been a while since I've eaten one." Eunhyuk agrees while wrapping an arm around the now blushing fish faced student. Kyuhyun saw the action and glares at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk immediately unwraps his arm around the blushing friend of his roommate. 

 

The hour passed by like lighting and now they're waiting in line for the ferris wheel. Once it was their turn Ryeowook quickly drags his roommate leaving the other two alone.

" Oh . Why am I stuck with you again? " Kyuhyun complains

" Don't blame me, man. "

The two sat in the ride, awkwardly facing each other.

" Uh- Kyu? "

" What? " Kyuhyun replies coldly.

" Are you still upset by what happened? " Eunhyuk asks while the ride move starts to move.

" I don't know, did you mean it? "

" What do you mean?"

" About what you said earlier this morning. "

 

!flasback!

The two were having breakfast in the kitchen, silence surrounding them, until Eunhyuk spoke.

" Um. Kyu? What would you do if I say I kinda like Donghae?" Eunhyuk ask his roommate.

" I'll bury you alive " Kyuhyun simply said. "But- why are you asking this? Does this mean you actually like Donghae?" He asks slightly curious to why his friend is asking such a question.

" I think I like him." Eunhyuk says while blushing.

" Bro- no. You're not laying a finger on him." Kyuhyun coldly said

" Why? I think he's cute "

" No " Kyuhyun insists

" Well you're not his mom " Eunhyuk stands up, putting his dishes in the sink.

" Don't you dare Lee Hyukjae! " Kyuhyun said sending a warning glare at his roommate

" Sorry Kyu." Eunhyuk said stubbornly, going out of the room while running.

" What- wait! Where the are you going you little er!? Come back here.!!" Kyuhyun shouts in the hallway. " You didn't even washed the dishes!"

!end of flashback!

"Of course I meant it! I meant everything I said. I really do like him! His cute, nice and smart, It makes me want to protect him." Eunhyuk seriously says.

" I know how you feel. " Kyuhyun said leaning back at his seat.

" You like him too!? " Eunhyuk asks with wide eyes

" No I don't, at least not like that. " 

" Then what do you mean? "

" You're such a "

" Well I'm sorry I'm not smart enough to know what you're thinking." Eunhyuk jokely said.

" Well what I'm trying to say is- Hae's too nice, too naive, too innocent and fragile. He gets hurt easily and being his childhood friend I just want to protect him. Well I'm not just the one doing the protecting here, Donghae protects me too." Kyuhyun says smiling at the memory of when they were at a cafe drinking coffee, someone was saying bad things to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun won't care, of course, but seeing his friend getting judged by people who doesn't even know him hurts Donghae, so he stood up for his best friend. Kyuhyun was shocked at first but he was also proud. He didn't expect for Donghae to do that.

 

" I just don't want him to be hurt, you know.? " Kyuhyun said " Of course I trust you and all, but I'm scared for him. I don't want to see him cry over some guy who suddenly breaks up with him because he doesn't love him anymore."

" But I'm not just 'some guy'. I mean I'm your friend, your roommate and your partner in teasing Yesung-hyung whenever he does his wierd s in the hallway. So you can fully trust me when I say 'The last thing I wanna do is to see him cry' and I promise I won't hurt him." Eunhyuk said as the ride stops.

" Are you sure? " Kyuhyun asks his friend while getting out of the ride.

" I'm sure. S.U.R.E sure!" They laugh at Eunhyuk's reply.

 

" Kyu!!~" They heard Donghae's voice.

"Hae~"

"Kyu- Oh my god Kyu! Why are you crying!?" Donghae panicked when he saw tears falling down Kyuhyun's cheeks. " Are you hurt? Did something happen? Did you two fight?"

" It's nothing Hae." Kyuhyun smiles at him then at Eunhyuk.

" Really? " 

" I'm okay Hae baby~. You know your forever my baby best friend even if you're two years older than me?" Donghae cutely tilts his head slightly confused to why his childhood friend is saying things like this but still replies.

"Of course Kyu! Because your forever my best friend too!!"He said hugging Kyuhyun. While the two roommates chuckle at his cuteness.

" I hate to ruin the moment but we need to go unless you want to sleep outside." Ryeowook said looking at his watch. 

They walk with Donghae's left arm wrapped around Kyuhyun's right one. When suddenly Kyuhyun whispers something in Donghae's ear. 

"Hae. You know the thing you told me yesterday, I think you should do it." 

"Why?" Donghae blushes at his best friend.

" Well it won't hurt to try? "

"O-,okay" Donghae says still blushing.

Kyuhyun laughs out startling the other three students.

 

The next day everybody is lazing around because it's Saturday. When two people barged in Donghae and Ryeowook's room. Donghae who was silently reading a book yelped in surprise. 

"What are you two doing here?" Ryeowook rudely asks still focusing on his phone.

The two stood silently in front of the door. "Just say it " Kyuhyun said nudging his roommates shoulder.

" Oh-uh yeah D-Donghae I just want to um- uh- " Eunhyuk stutters

"Oh . Just hurry up! Don't be a coward " Kyuhyun was slightly annoyed at his friends behavior, stuttering was so not Eunhyuk at all. And he's beauty sleep was interrupted because Eunhyuk needs some 'help' in asking Donghae out.

"Ohh- uh Donghae would you like to-uh' 

" HE WANTS TO TAKE YOU OUT ON A DATE" Kyuhyun was almost shouting. " There I said it"

"wh-what?" Donghae asks blushing shades of red.

"Yeah- I want to take you out later for lunch, is that okay with you?" Eunhyuk expectedly asks.

"okay" Donghae replies in a small voice only he can hear.

"What?" 

"HE SAID 'OKAY' " Kyuhyun butts in.

Donghae blushes at his friend. 

" Okay then. I'll pick you up later. 10 o'clock " Eunhyuk gives Donghae a gummy smile.

Donghae smiles and nods at Eunhyuk. 

"Bye. See you later" 

"See you later too." They shyly said to each other while blushing as the roommates leave the room. 

Once they were out of the room, Eunhyuk can't help but shout a loud 'YES!'. 

"Shut up monkey." 

" I can't believe I just did that" He said

" What did you do? I almost did all the work." Kyuhyun teases his friend.

" Shut up!" Eunhyuk blushes, he just can't believe he's going on a date with Donghae later. " It took me a lot of time to gather my courage to do that"

Kyuhyun laughs at him and remembers what happened the day before yesterday.

 

!flashback!

Donghae can't fall asleep, he's tossing around his bed while thinking.Well he can't seem to get someone off his mind, so he calls Kyuhyun for help in the middle of the night.

"Kyunnie~" Donghae whines at Kyuhyun.

"What is it Hae?" It's late why are you still up?" He heard Kyuhyun mumble something about being able to sleep for 8 hours is good for the body and something like that.

"I-i have a confession to make"

" You finally realized you like me?"

"Wha- No!" Donghae swears he heard a snicker at the end of the line.

"I'm joking. What is it?" He asks

" Kyu~ I don't know what to do. I can't sleep." 

"What do you mean? Wait are you crying?" Kyuhyun was shocked when he heard sniffles on the phone.

" I think I- I think I like him" Donghae sniffles. 

" Aww my baby is in love." Then realization hit him. " wait- what? You like someone? who is this guy?" 

"You know him" Donghae said.

"Who? Changmin?" Kyuhyun was confused because Changmin was their other friend from childhood and no way in hell he will let that playboy date Donghae.

"No not Minnie" 

"Then who?"

"Eun- Eunh-"

"No way. You like Hyukjae!" He shouts through the phone.

"Shhhh Kyu no shouting he might hear you." Donghae said slightly embarrassed. "Kyu?"

"Yes?"

"Are you upset?" Donghae asks his younger friend.

"No why would I be upset at you. You like him and I don't need to in your love life" Kyuhyun explains. It's true though he can't get upset over his cute hyung. He was actually quite relieved because he knows who Donghae likes.

" What do I do now?" It was Donghae's first time to like someone 'like this'.

" I don't know Hae." Kyuhyun said because he really doesn't have any knowledge in this kind of things. Because he doesn't confess to people, people confess to him.

"Should I confess to him?" 

"Maybe. It won't hurt to try."

"B-but what if he d-doesn't li-like me? A-and what if h-he rejects me a-and it affects your friendship. I don't want that." He panickly said and his eyes begin to tear up.

"It's okay Hae. If he hurts you I'll kill him with my own two hands." Kyuhyun reassures his friend.

"Promise?" 

"I promise Hae" he replied sincerely. "And it's already late, you should sleep,  we have classes tomorrow."

" Good night kyu~" Donghae yawns.

Kyuhyun chuckles at his cuteness(even his voice is cute). "Good Night Hae"

"Oh and Kyu?" Kyuhyun hums in reply "Thank you and I love you" The cute boy says.

"You're very welcome and I love you too" He hangs up the phone.

!end of flashback!

 

Kyuhyun laughs at his friends. He can't believe he became a wingman(did he?).

"What are you laughing at?" Eunhyuk asks Kyuhyun.

"I'm laughing at your stupid monkey face" he teases.

"Shut up! You should help me." 

"I don't want to" He says but he knows he can't refuse. "What do I help you with?"

"Help me find clothes for this date. Your his friend and I want to impress Donghae"

"Then you should wear a Nemo mascot" Kyuhyun laughs, he remembers when he's best friend was squealing while they were watching 'Finding Nemo' when they're kids.

"What? Should I?"

Kyuhyun laughs out loud at his idiocity. "No . He likes you even if you look like a monkey. So you can wear anything you like." 

"Oh. Okay" 

The both of them laugh.

 

 

A/N:  A ty one-shot. So how is it? This is my first time doing this, sorry it . English is not my first language.