END

Give Me A Reason To Smile

“Roll.”

“What?”

“Roll.”

“Roll what?”

“The dough?”

Yongsun is bewildered. The woman in front of her is infuriating. She frustrates Kim Yongsun so much.

“Speak properly.”

“I am. You’re holding the dough. What else can you roll?”

Yongsun opens then closes it back. She doesn’t want to fight the woman in front of her. But of course, the woman knows better.

“You’re so weird. Do I need to tell you everything from A-Z?”

“You know how detailed I can get.”

“Okay, Kim Yongsun, can you please roll the dough?”

That cunning smile comes on and Yongsun feels like pulling her hair out. But unfortunately, her fingers are sticky, thanks to the stupid dough.

“I’ll kill you after this.”

“Come at me then.”

“YA!”

The tongue was sticking out. She was teasing her! Geez, Yongsun feels like she’s being played. Well, how could she put it? The woman in front of her is playful but so adorable that Yongsun wants to bite her cheeks every now and then.

“Stop thinking of biting my cheeks. They suffer enough.”

“You’re asking for it.”

“You’re too cute to resist. You’re so adorable when someone disturbs you.”

“Having too much pleasure for my pain, aren’t you?”

“Well, pleasure and pain work well together.”

The woman smirks.  

“Get out of my kitchen.”

“Aww, someone’s mad.”

“YA!”

“I’ll be back with your favourite ice-cream! Don’t roll too much though. See you!”

“Get out! Get out!”

The woman leaves while laughing her head off. Too much teasing. Too much. And Yongsun cannot take it any longer. Her heart keeps swelling. Swelling with so much affection that she thinks the woman in question can kill her soon.

She feels at ease since the woman has left her apartment. But minutes into the silence, she starts missing her presence. She hates herself. She loathes herself.

“I was the one who kicked her out and now I’m missing her. What the hell is wrong with me?”

Yongsun sighs.  The air around her is a little bit cold. It’s missing someone’s warmth and Yongsun seriously wants to end her life.

“You gotta be kidding me! She’ll be back soon!”

She berates herself. Falling in love is never her idea. She met this woman, they became friends. Then their friends became each other’s friends. Everything leads from one thing to another. And soon, she sees herself resembling the other party more. The woman mirrors her too much.

Wherever she goes, the woman is there. She goes to the café, she’s there. She goes to the market, she’s there with her mother. She literally sees this woman whether by any chance or deliberately.

This woman is always there, in front of her with her warmest smile.

“I never sign up for this and I’m doomed. She better not leave me.”

Yongsun chides herself again. She decides to push her thoughts of the woman and concentrates on her pasty. Her best friend and her girlfriend are coming over. They would be celebrating a birthday. Someone requested for this stupid pastry. Yongsun has no choice but to make it.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist, startling her. She almost throws the dough up in the air.

“Miss me?”

“Do you have to do this all the time?”

“Element of surprise usually makes you feel good.”

“Not when someone tries to take advantage of my waist.”

“You’re such a grumpy old woman today.”

“YA! WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

The woman plants a soft kiss on Yongsun’s left cheek and cuddles her closer.

“I miss you.”

Yongsun’s breath hitches before she lets out a soft sigh. This woman does this all the time and it works on her unfortunately.

“What took you so long?”

“Wow, 10 mins is long?”

“Yes, I felt cold.”

“Babe, I literally ran across the street and ran back. You know I hate running.”

“Learn to fly then.”

“If I do that, I might fly elsewhere.”

“Remove your arms please.”

“Oh come on! Stop being so jealous and everything. This just makes my heart falls faster and deeper.”

“Fall more. You’re not leaving me. So, don’t even try.”

Her dimples are the cutest. She pulls away and stands in front of me. She puts my hands around her, Yongsun refrains hugging her because of the sticky dough but keeps close distance. Wheein then pulls her face closer and shares the softest, gentlest, and warmest kiss. Their lips linger for a moment before Wheein bites Yongsun’s lower lip.

“Baby, this is not the time.”

“Do we need to set schedule for such things?”

“BABE, I’M IN THE MIDDLE OF BAKING A PASTRY FOR MY DUMB BEST FRIEND!”

“Ditch it.”

“Are you serious?!”

“I already bought something else. We can pass that off as your pastry.”

“Moon Byulyi is not dumb.”

“But she’s a er for my best friend.”

“You told Hyejin?”

“Yeah, and I told her not to come too early. I want some cute time with my girlfriend.”

Yongsun grins.

“You should have told me earlier.”

“I just love teasing you.”

“I hate you.”

“I love you.”

“Then stop teasing me.”

“Teasing you makes me want to take care of you. Especially when you’re whiny and grumpy. You’re the cutest baby I ever been in love with. You complete my world, Kim Yongsun. There is never a day that I’ll not stop thinking about you. Even when you were struggling to roll your dough, I think about you and how I should I tease you.”

“Idiot.”

“You love this idiot.”

Yongsun gives up. She washes her hand clean and then pushes her utensils away. She gently lifts her woman up on the counter, looking up while the girlfriend smiles slyly. Yongsun pokes her dimples. Then she runs her fingers through her girlfriend’s hair.

“You and your orange hair.”

“You like it?”

“I love everything about you. From your head to your toes. Even your tinniest mole. Everything about you is my everything too.”

“Too possessive much.”

“You engraved yourself into my heart.”

“And you tattooed your soul into mine.”

Yongsun leans in and gives a fervent kiss. Their lips linger before both smiles widely. Simple moments like this are just perfect. They make Yongsun feels like the world belongs to them and they are the only ones who can stop the time.

They kiss softly for a little bit longer before it gets too passionate. Jung Wheein can be quite aggressive when it comes to getting love. She hops on Yongsun who immediately captures the smaller woman in her arms. They kiss non-stop as they stagger around the kitchen, into the living room and finally their room.

Yongsun gently slips Wheein onto the bed and pushes her down. She hovers above her, lips never apart. She softly gazes at her girlfriend, Wheein fidgets under her.

She takes her time admire Wheein’s beauty before tracing her index finger down from Wheein’s forehead to her cheeks and then lips. Time is agonizing slow, but Yongsun wants to take her time. Wheein is letting her.

“Are we going strong?”

“Let’s go slow. Let’s make love.”

“Ah, make love. That sounds better.”

Wheein pulls Yongsun closer and then kisses her. Then she needs to let Yongsun knows something. She needs to be honest with her own feelings.

“Kim Yongsun, you give me a reason to smile.”

That’s a good enough.

That’s when Yongsun knows how much Wheein loves her.

-