Fin.

Three months was all it took
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time Dahyun had laid eyes on Sana, the latter had been standing at the front of the class introducing herself as the new student as the school had just received a handful of them. 

 

Some of which included a tall, Taiwanese girl and another girl of the same height as her, with a bob cut.

 

But the only one that really stuck out to her was the girl by the name of Sana, the one with piercing dark brown eyes that seemed to cut straight through Dahyun’s being, as if she had her all figured out. 

 

So, deep down Dahyun was ecstatic yet confusingly terrified when Sana was instructed to sit right next to her, having made that her assigned seat for the whole year. 

 

“Hi,” Sana peered down at her sitting at her desk as Sana placed her own items down, a smile playing at her lips attractively and Dahyun couldn’t help her slipup, “Damn.”

 

A chuckle burst out from the other. “What?” She asked amusingly. 

 

Dahyun snapped out of her trance, shaking her head, before letting out what most likely looked like a crazed smile. 

 

“Hi.”

 

Dahyun randomly shot her hand out of her long sleeves and directly in front of Sana for a high-five and the few seconds where they didn’t move, Dahyun was internally dying from her actions, silently reprimanding herself for being a weirdo. 

 

The soft skin of the girl’s lightly touched Dahyun’s hand and she pulled her hand away as if she had been burned, but Dahyun wouldn’t doubt it when her whole body was burning up.

 

Dahyun stared forward as their teacher began the boring, old class lecture, but all of her focus was on the girl next to her.

 

Dahyun risked a glance over to see a brightly colored rainbow notebook and over to the girl, who was looking at her with a raised eyebrow. 

 

Clearing , she spoke, “That’s a- that’s a cool notebook you have,” she ended lamely. 

 

Sana looked at her and nodded. 

 

“Thanks, I think it kinda represents me, you know?”

 

Dahyun spluttered at the implication, gaping at the thought because no way did this girl swing her way, it just wasn’t fathomable. 

 

Deciding to be risky and careless all for this girl she had just met, Dahyun carefully shifted her papers aside to reveal a similarly colored notebook underneath. 

 

“Same.”

 

A full-blown grin broke out onto Sana’s face at the sight and her words, and it seemed as though the girl had relaxed more knowing that they were both the same. The grin made Dahyun flush red and she glanced above at the clock.

 

‘Ten minutes since we first met and I’ve already spilled my deepest secret, how nice.’

 

But she wasn’t bothered by it, instead also relaxing because someone actually seemed to understand her and maybe they could be friends-

 

The teacher didn’t bat an eye at the fact that the two girls weren’t bothered to pay attention to his presentation, and so they let themselves drift off into the ease of conversation. 

 

“Why are your sleeves so long?” Sana poked Dahyun’s sleeve gently. “It’s oversized, like sweater paws.”

 

Dahyun raised her arms, shaking the loose sleeves around. “They’re comfy,” she leaned in towards Sana, “especially when I’m sleeping during class,” she mock-whispered. 

 

Sana laughed quietly, partially leaning into Dahyun, who tried not to freak out over the small brush of their shoulders.

 

“Now I get a question, why do you roll up your sleeves?” Dahyun glanced down at toned arms, her gaze lingering a second too long. 

 

“I actually get cold pretty easily, but when I’m inside the building I roll them up for the kinda the same reason as yours,” Sana shrugged, looking at her. “It’s comfy.”

 

Dahyun found it strange that it was hard to talk to new people, yet with Sana, she had immediately clicked and warmed up to her, not as if they had just met minutes ago.

 

. . .

 

Month one of being friends with Sana, and Dahyun had never enjoyed talking to someone this much before. 

 

“What are you eating?” Sana questioned the hunched over Korean girl.

 

A gasp was heard before Dahyun whirled around and stood up, proudly holding up a single container of chocolate-flavored yanyan in her sleeve-covered hand. 

 

“How do you not know yanyan, aka the greatest snack ever to exist?!”

 

Sana snatched the snack out of Dahyun’s hand, much to her shock. “Oh my god! I love these!”

 

Dahyun’s arms grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking her around in her excitement. “Really? No way! What’s your favorite flavor then?”

 

Sana let herself get shaken around, laughing out loud at the actions, and touching the arm on her shoulder lightly. 

 

“Chocolate,” she grinned. 

 

Realizing what that meant, the shorter girl made a lunge at getting the container back but Sana raised her arm upward, using their height difference to her advantage much to Dahyun’s chagrin. 

 

And they were suddenly very close to one another, and as Sana’s eyes glanced down at Dahyun, her grin slowly started to slide off as a kind of tense atmosphere filled around them. 

 

Dahyun’s breath hitched, getting caught in as her eyes locked with the other’s, getting lost in how the light reflected off the dark orbs and seeing herself awestruck in the shining reflection. 

 

She wondered if she had imagined Sana’s gaze flicker down for a second, and so she couldn’t help her eyes from dropping as well, knowing full well the girl caught everything in sight. 

 

That’s when she knew that a little seed of what is known to be a crush was embedded within her and there may be no hope for her getting out. 

 

She just had to be more conscious of her staring and restrain her want of everything to be known as Sana. 

 

And if Dahyun dreams of dark brown orbs of liquid warmth and perfect pink, soft lips, nobody would have to know. 

 

. . .

 

Month two and that familiar weight was getting heavier by the day, by the minute, by the second. 

 

Not that Dahyun was counting.

 

Nor acknowledging it.

 

Another day, another argument between Sana and Chaeyoung over something Dahyun figured to be absolute nonsense.

 

Seeing the two of them so worked up over such a small thing was always hilarious to see, and Dahyun couldn’t take her eyes off the fuming Sana, the latter’s eyes glaring forward. 

 

Dahyun couldn’t help but be attracted to the sight, to be fair though, she was attractive to Sana in general.

 

Didn’t matter the circumstance.

 

Dahyun had specifically told Sana that she could be run over by a car, definitely not driven by her, and still look hot in the aftermath of it. 

 

Sana paused, “I don’t know if that’s a compliment or-”

 

“Shh, it’s a compliment, Sana.”

 

The argument happening to the side of her randomly took a stop and curiously, Dahyun turned her head over to her two friends, where Chaeyoung was looking at Sana with a smug smirk and glanced at her as Sana’s head was bowed down in embarrassment. 

 

She opened to ask, but thought better of it, closing back up and turning around with questions popping in her head. 

 

Things with Sana were horribly easy. 

 

Or to clarify, being with Sana was easy.

 

And Dahyun didn’t know what to do with that kind of information, wondering if she should store it or throw it out, but it wasn’t as though she had a choice as it was gently tucked in the imaginary files that was her brain. 

 

Talking w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter