Fin

My Other Half.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


it is already 8 am in Springville University for the whole few months that Wonyoung had been staying, the first thing does once she wakes up is do her morning routine and get delivered foods from the convenience store near their dorm or head to the university's food canteen. Now that she's in her second year in college, Wonyoung felt more comfortable and responsible living on her own with her other dormmates. Their dorm has two bunk beds (call their university cheap), it made it easier for them to be more familiar with each other even though the four of them known each other only a little over a semester. She hummed as she skipped out of the bathroom feeling fresh and cold from tap water. 

 


 The alarm rings occupied Wonyoung's hearing as soon as she steps out of their shared bathroom.

 


" JaeJae, it's 8 am." Wonyoung pulled Jaehee's arm hanging outside the bed's frame, attempting to wake the girl up. The girl seemed to not have interest in moving from her place, Wonyoung could only give her a sympathetic look before she brought her palms on Jaehee's cheek. She jolts upon the slight sting on her cheeks,her head with her brown lengthy hair all messed up and her cream white oversized sweater falls on her shoulders.

 

 

"Come here." Jaehee pout at the offer and embraced Wonyoung. she happily nestles on Wonyoung's arm as her elbow rests on the guardrail. "It's time to get up." She drags her hands on Jaehee's back giving her encouragement to get up from her bed. Wonyoung felt a little bad for slapping the older hard on the face  but its the only that can make her wake up. "I'm sorry for slapping you." she mumbles an apology on Jaehee's ear.

 

 

"It's ok." Jaehee affectionate coos, patting the law student's head. When the first time Wonyoung came into the dorm, Jaehee is the 1st person to become Wonyoung's friend when the other three didn't arrive yet. They had bonded over the days, Wonyoung then met Karina Yu, med tech student who likes to study and cook,she is the oldest amongst them. Four days later a drunk Uchinaga Aeri, a pschylogy student stumbled down on the front of their door,she often go out on clubs and parties and she would often go home drunk or passed out in her girlfriend's arms.

 

 

Jaehee drags her feet outside their shared bedroom as Wonyoung trails behind her. The two girls then plopped down on the stool as Jaehee lazily rests her head on the table. "You guys are already awake" Karina spoke behind the kitchen counter. The fresh aroma of cinnamon and vanilla was very irresistible as for Jaehee the delicious scent made her fully awake.

 

 

Wonyoung hugged her knees up to her chest, she smiled at the other girl who's busy flipping french toasts on her skillet."Thanks." Wonyoung slurred. She is really happy to have the 5 girls on her side, the 4 girls are a year older meanwhile Jihan and Wonyoung are on the same age. Karina is composed compared to Aeri's hyper personality, she always has a stoic expression plastered on her face that scares other students. Wonyoung wasn't scared scared at the oldest appearance, she always kept Yujin's words in mind. 

 


"No matter what their apearance may be, always look into their true colors." 

 

 

Which is why Wonyoung likes Yujin.

 

 

"Jaehee come help me" The older commanded and Jaehee obliged. 

 

 

Karina packed the triangled-shaped golden-colored treats in the clear food container. The way Karina packs her breakfast in some way makes her miss her home but it made it easier since she has someone who takes care of her like family. "You're going to Yujin's place?" Wonyoung giggly nodded and composed herself to stand up, she gratefully took the containers. "Give this to Winter also." Wonyoung lips formed into a smirk. Winter Kim, Karina's girlfriend and also Yujin's roommate.

 

 

"Is this why you cooked?" she jokes. "Leave, before I take the that back," Karina exclaimed with a tone of threat on her voice. Wonyoung gave the older one last teasing look before dashing out of the door. She let out little laugh and clutches the red checkered lunchbox to her chest, her glimmered in delight. She predicts that Yujin might still be asleep when she bursts open through her bestfriend's door.

 

 

Yujin wasn't the type of person who hangs around with people and goes to socialize, she prefers to take naps and watch netflix on her laptop when she has vacant class, the only place she visits is the gym and the cafè outside the campus. Wonyoung tried to convince the latter to spend outside her den but Yujin is really stubborn. Eversince they were little Yujin had always been a snoozing bug, she often sleep in the middle of tha class and doze off in the library and now she entered college, Yujin has a messed up sleeping schedules due to her classes, studies, homework and workout sessions which made Wonyoung really worried at her state.

 

 

It made her promise to herself that she will always be there for her bestfriend through thick and thin.

 

 

After few more steps down the hallway of the dormitory, reaches on the dark gray door that has the number of 56 on it. The girl turns the doorknob only to be stumbled by the sudden push on the opposite side.

 

 

"Wonyoung!" Winter greeted her. "You're here for Yujin aren't you, she's still alseep." 

 

 

"That's my Yujin! By the way, Karina unnie made this for you" She smiled and handed the other lunch box. "It's french toast." Winter quickly bowed with a hint of blush on her cheeks. Karina and Winter had been dating for a few months, the older didn't really lie when she said that Winter is shy and has pretty eyes. 

 

 

"Thank you! I'll text her later. Tell Yujin that im staying at the library for hours if she asks." Winter once again bowed and took her leave. Wonyoung steps inside of the room, she looks around only to be greeted by silence. 

 

 

The whole room was messy. A few cans of monster energy drink and plastic wrappers were scattered on the floor, it seems like hurricaine struck them and left them with garbages all over. They're all girls but why is this place so messy? Wonyoung thinks. She skipped over and kicked a bunch of cans as she made her way to the bedroom and knocked. Wonyoung slowly opened the door open just to see Yujin laying down on her stomach wuth cute blue polkadots pajamas.

 

 

The sight made Wonyoung's stomach tingling in delight on how cute the latter is. Yujin still looks young like back in the days, she still haven't changed a bit, the why she sleeps and the way she scrunched her nose at her slumber still looks like the 10-year-old Yujin that Wonyoung met. 

 

 

She carefully placed the lunchbox beside the Yujin's lava lamp. She crawled into the girl's said and embraced her petite waist as she pulled the blankets up to them. Yujin's arm automatically reciprocate her embrace."Good morning" she slurred in sleepiness. Her body moves and scoots closer to Wonyoung creating warmth on the latter's cheeks. The girls cuddled together with their hands intertwined as their bodies sticks like gum, leaving no space. 

 

 

"Yujin, wake up." She kissed Yujin's forehead. Her idle hand rubbing up and down to her back.   

 

 

Yujin immediately sat up, her back hitting the headdpost. "uhm." The younger girl hopped out of the bed and opened the lunch box, presenting the french toast to Yujin. "You need to eat breakfast, you're classes starts later remember?" She reminded. Yujin opened her half lided eyes and smiled at her bestfriend, her dimples are visble and her eyes form in crescents.

 

 

"Do you want to eat here or in the couch?" 

 

 

Yujin replied in saking her head. 

 

 

"Do you want to eat here?" She nods in agreement with a satisfied groan.Wonyoung laughs in amusement at Yujin's cute behavior, she opens the lid and the sweet aroma occupied the whole room. Yujin's nostrils flared in delight as soon as she smelled the food, her body automatically stood up from her bed and sat on the desk beside Wonyoung. "Did you eat breakfast already?" 

 

 

"We had leftover mac and cheese last and i woke up at 6 am" She giggled at how Yujin picks up the french toast with her bare hands. She was too lazy to get utensils. 

 

 

Her eyes rolled back as she took a bite. Her head leans on Wonyoung's shoulder as she continues to bite her food. "Thanks Wonnie, you're the best" She hummed.

 

 

"I love you." Yujin giggled. 

 

 

Platonically.

 

 

_____________

 

 

 

Yujin found herself slouching on the library chairs. Her back aches from the position that she had been staying for hours, she could've have make her plates at the dorm but she can't. Jiheon, her roommate, likes to throw parties like a lot. The loud music and especially the people bothers her. There is also that one time that she entered their bedroom after Jiheon's party and saw bodies, from that they forward she never stays at home when there's a party. Judging by the orange lights on the window, its probably afternoon. Yujin realizes that she had been listening to songs and sketching all day, she stretches her arms upwards and looks around other students with ice coffe who are just probably here for aesthetics or cramming at their projects.

 

 

 

 Yujin's life revolves heavily on her academic performances, she barely have time at all for everything else. She can see some of the students around her table goggling their eyes at her, checking her out like a piece of meat. She had always declined every potential suitors and everyone who tried to flirt at her, knowing that she wouldn't have time for it or was it a good time to have one. 

 

 

Yujin once heard a rumor from a guy that asked her out before that she was dating Wonyoung. which was clearly ridiculous. Wonyoung is just her bestfriend, nothing romantic just platonic. Yujin hated the idea of someone assuming her own lovelife. She doesn't even have time on hanging out with people, what makes you think Yujin has time for dating? To Yujin Wonyoung is just her bestfriend, nothing more. 

 

 

"Yujin~" a feminine voice called out. Wonyoung from ear to ear as she faced the older. Her arms around with another figure. "Didn't knew you'd be here." Minju laughs as she sits on the velvety wooden chairs, following Wonyoung's action. The bunny-like girl clasped her hands excitingly with her body jumping, Yujin isn't really suprised at Wonyoung's action, she assumes that the something happened.

 

 

"Soooo, would you like clubbing tonight?" the two girls moved towards her with an mischivious smiles. 

 

 

"Can't." Yujin plugged out her earphones and stuck her tongue out. Wonyoung's lips pouted at the rejection, her arms crossed up to her chest. "Are you sure? there's alot of hot chicks, i'm sure you can fish someone." Minju tried to pursue the girl by winking. Wonyoung brows furrowed as her lips formed into a thin line. She pushed MInju's shoulders making the girl stumble from her seat. Yujin managed to balance her friend back. its the library for god's sakes, she can't sfford to let Minju fall and trip infront of these students,that would be really embarrassing. She can also get involved and get kicked or worse, banned. the library has the most strongest wifi connection and the library is godsend for Yujin.

 

 

"Stop being silly, Yujin doesn't have time for those" Wonyoung jealously remarks. She quickly turned to Yujin and hugged her arm. "Oh, come on Yujinnie. I even brought you breakfast remember?" 

 

 

"That was three days ago." She sighed. 

 

 

Wonyoung puffed her cheeks as she leaned to Yujin. Their faces only centimeters away and a tiny push can lead them to kissing each other. Yujin flinches as breathe hitched at the sudden closeness of the girl's, she moved her eyes to Wonyoung's to her moles and down to her soft lips. Yujin swallowed a huge lump on .

 

 

Wonyoung's eyes shined brighter than diamond. Yujin admired how her eyes were that pretty, her big brown doe eyes was hard to resist for Yujin. Yujin couldn't bring her self to turn down Wonyoung's offer. 

 

 

"Ok, fine" 

 

 

"Yahoo." She whispered brightly.Wonyoung and Minju gave each other celebratory high fives as the silently wiggled in happiness. 

 

 

Now, Yujin has to clear all of her plans today which is sleeping. 

 

_________

 

 

 

The neon lights was blinding for Yujin's sight. Strong alchohol stench is unpleasant for her liking, she immediately regrets that she had agreed to Wonyoung's invitation. She just couldn't ressist her bestfriend's puppy eyes and pouty lips, Damn Wonyoung and her pretty face. Now at the age of 20, Yujin hasn't experienced in going to a club, it was her first time entering a place full of drunk people. When she was 15, she had planned that once she enters college she'll settle down on a peaceful dorm, focusing on her classes and graduating the top of her university.



Yujin pulls her blue baseball cap lower on her head as she caught of the girls in the middle of the dance floor winked at her. Why would the girl check her out anyways, she was just  wearing a university hoodie and skinny jeans.
 

 


The figure of the girl started to get closer and closer, Yujin knew that the girl was heading for her.Wonyoung and Minju should be here right now. After the afternoon at the library, Wonyoung had texted her to meet them at club a few blocks away from their dormitory.

 


She spots her bestfriend meters away from her wearing a strawberry printed polo and a short fitted skirt. Her bright smile was always recognizable even this dark place. Her dark wavy hair is bouncing at every step she took and the expensive jewelry dangling on her neck was noticable. In Yujin's eyes she was pretty even without her shiny accessories.



"YUJIIINNN!!"

 



A grin was slowly found its way to her lips hearing her bubbly high pitched voice. Wonyoung was walking into the crowd, they all turned their head as she passes their way. Their smug looks made Yujin crack her knuckles in annoyance. "Hey." She greeted them.

 

 

"Hey there lady magnet." Minju bumps her hips on the girl's side in a teasing manner.

 

 

Yujin ignored her friend's remarks. "You look really pretty tonight." She whispered onto her bestfriend's ear with a bit of shyness. "How about you? You should've worn something." The younger laughed. 

 

 

"Nah." 

 

 

"Anyways, you guys do what you do cause im gonna get us drinks." Minju scrunched up her nose as she wiggled her eyebrows. 

 

 

Not even 3 shots three of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter