Chapter 4: Passion

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim

 

•••
 

Chaein heads off to the bus stop right by her apartment to head over to Goeun's apartment. She takes a deep breath, feeling a little nervous as the bus approaches. Once the bus stops, she heads on and sits down in an empty seat. The bus has more people on than it usually does, probably because it's an eventful Saturday. Chaein puts in her earbuds and listens to music as she rides, knowing it would be a bit of a longer ride than she's used to. 

She thinks about a lot of things on her ride to Goeun's. She wonders what she would tell Goeun if she, Ireh, or even the both of them ended up pregnant. She'd have to dump her, for sure, and she knows that Goeun would be angry with her for cheating. She also wonders how she will continue to keep both lovers a secret from each other, especially now knowing about the Jieun-Yuki connection. She knows she's going to have to dump one and stay with the other at some point, she just isn't sure which one of them is the one. Chaein knows her decision will be hard, but she hopes to find signs that will lead her to the right one at some point. 

After what felt like an eternity to Chaein, she bus stopped at the bus stop near Goeun's apartment. She gets up out of her seat and thanks the bus driver before heading off the bus. She then goes over to Goeun's apartment, ringing the doorbell. After a few seconds, Chaein is grateful as Goeun opens the door. 

"Hey babe, I've been waiting for you," Goeun greets her with a wide smile, holding the door open for Chaein as she steps inside. 

"Hey! How are you?" Chaein responds, looking around the apartment. Like Goeun had said, it seems like Jieun isn't home much to Chaein's relief.

Goeun's apartment is really nicely decorated and has a modern style, which is common for most city apartments. It seems to Chaein that their rent must be expensive, compared to her own that's for sure. 

"I'm doing great now that you're here," Goeun responds smoothly with a flirtatious wink, which sends Chaein blushing. "And how about you, gorgeous?" She asks. Goeun never fails to charm Chaein. It often gets to a point where Chaein is close to becoming too flustered to speak. She finds Goeun so attractive, and the fact that she's attracted to her as well feels unreal. 

"Amazing now that I'm here with you," Chaein flirts back, reaching out and holding onto Goeun's hand. 

"So... what do you think we should do? I don't really feel like going out today," Goeun asks, maintaining eye contact with Chaein.

"Hmm... I don't know," Chaein responds. "Whatever you want to do. It is your apartment, after all."

"How about we watch a movie or something? I have a good movie recommendation if you've never seen it!" Goeun suggests, smiling. 

"That sounds good to me!" Chaein smiles back, feeling her cheeks get a bit warm. She thinks back to when she fell asleep watching a movie with Ireh. Now that she has had a largely uneventful day this time, hopefully she will be able to make it through the movie without even getting tired, especially since she had slept in this morning. 

"Oh!" Goeun responds. "We need food. Maybe we should order takeout from somewhere?"

"Yeah, sounds good. But I'll pay for the both of us this time," Chaein answers teasingly. "Should we order the food before or during the movie?"

"Before," Goeun answers. "So we can enjoy the movie without any interruptions."

"Sounds like a plan!" Chaein smiles wider, pulling out her phone. "I think I know the perfect restaurant," she mentions, holding out her phone as she finds the phone number for that same restaurant. She then pulls up the menu on her phone and sends it to Goeun so she can pick out what she wants. 

"Oh, I've been here before!" Goeun beams as she checks the message on her phone. "Their food is delicious. You have good taste, babe."

"Of course I have good taste, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen you," Chaein flirts with a wink, her face becoming flushed pink. 

"Aw, don't make me blush," Goeun teases back as Chaein notices her face getting a little red. 

Once Goeun tells her what she wants, Chaein calls the number of the restaurant. She tells them the order and the address of Goeun's apartment so they can deliver the food there. They then say that it will take around thirty minutes for them to cook the food and get there before Chaein eventually hangs up. 

"What should we do while we wait?" Chaein asks soon after hanging up.

"How about we just talk a bit? Say what's on our minds," Goeun suggests. "We can sit on the couch."

"Oh, okay," Chaein responds as Goeun then leads Chaein to the living room couch, holding her hand. She sits down on the couch and Chaein sits beside her, their shoulders touching as they sit. 

"So... I wanted to talk to you about the audition thing," Goeun brings up, losing eye contact with the other woman nervously. "Your compan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter