dark jeans and nikes

this ain't for the best
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud music can be heard even as Seungwan parks her jeep in front of the frat house. She looks out in front of her windshield before she turns to the passenger seat, fingers tight on the steering wheel.

 

"Seul, are you sure we can't just go to dinner?" she asks, uncertain.

 

Her best friend of more than ten years laughs. "Come on, Wannie. You gotta interact with us common folk at least once a week."

 

She hits Seulgi's shoulder lightly. "Shut up, you know it's not like that."

 

"Yeah, I know," her bear-like friend says with a smile. "You think you don't know how to act around people your age but we get along just fine!"

 

"We've been friends since we were toddlers, Seul," she reminds her friend.

 

"Yeah, that's why I want you to meet Sooyoung!"

 

Seungwan sighs. "Alright, let's go but only because you think you're gonna marry this girl."

 

"Wannie, I'm telling you she's the one!"

 

"Yeah, yeah," she easily agrees with a cheeky grin as she unbuckles her seatbelt.

 

---

 

As soon as their eyes met, Seulgi all but threw herself in Sooyoung's arms. "Syoungie, I missed you!"

 

"I missed you too, babybear," the tall girl replies, kissing her girlfriend's cheek.

 

Seungwan clears and Seulgi has the gall to look embarrassed. "Hi, I'm Seungwan," she says, hoping to look accommodating as she smiles. "It's nice to meet you. Seulgi told me all about you."

 

"You, as well!" Sooyoung's eyes disappear as she smiles. "I'm pretty sure babybear has told me everything about you, including your dark secrets."

 

"Yah!" Seulgi protests, "don't believe her, Wannie!"

 

Seungwan laughs. "It's fine, Seul."

 

"Oh wait," the tall girl pauses, "I'm gonna get you guys some drinks-"

 

"I'll do it," Seulgi volunteers, "you two get to know each other but don't steal her away from me, Wannie!"

 

"Am I getting the shovel talk now?" Sooyoung asks as her girlfriend walks away, eyes twinkling with mischief.

 

"No, I'm pretty sure Seulgi can handle herself," she answers with a chuckle, "but if you do hurt her, I will hunt you down."

 

They stare at each other for a second before bursting into laughter. "You had me there for a second, not gonna lie."

 

"Yeah, I've been told my humor is terrible."

 

"Your family is rich and powerful so-"

 

It was as though everything was in slow motion. A hush fell over the crowd and even the music seemed muted. Seungwan watches slack-jawed as a woman walks in from the garden entrance clad in a dark blue long sleeve shirt, jeans and vans. The goddess seems to be looking for someone, long black hair swaying as she looks over the people at the party.

 

"I have to say, you have taste," Sooyoung's voice cuts through the puddle that is her brain at the moment. "Unnie is beautiful."

 

"W- what?"

 

"Her name is Bae Joohyun," she supplies helpfully. "She's a senior. Lit major."

 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Seungwan shakes her head. Bae Joohyun.

 

"Please," the tall girl chuckles, "that's exactly how Seulgi looked when she first saw me."

 

"She told me you were a stuttering mess when you asked her out."

 

Sooyoung blushes. "That's not the point!"

 

"Hey," Seulgi greets them, handing them beer cans. "What did I miss?"

 

"Your best friend is drooling over Bae Joohyun."

 

"Yah!"

 

---

 

"Rise and shine!" Seulgi says brightly, pulling at her blinds and letting god forsaken sunlight in.

 

"Shut up and go back to sleep," is what Seungwan thought to say but what came out was a long drawn out groan.

 

"Come on, we made breakfast!"

 

At the thought of food makes her stomach turn, Seungwan groans again.

 

"Sooyoung is poking around in your kitchen, just so you know."

 

Seungwan stands upright at this and yanks her covers off. She can't have the devil in her kitchen. Squinting at the blurry figure in the kitchen, she mumbles a quiet, “Get out of here, you’ll just burn this place down.”

 

“You’re really not a morning person,” Sooyoung says in lieu of a greeting. “I didn’t believe it at first but what a sight.” The blonde just grunts, only egging the tall woman on.

 

“Lay off my personal chef, Sooyoung,” Jennie, Seungwan’s roommate, says with a smile, hair in disarray as she comes out of her room.

 

“I’m not your slave,” Seungwan mumbles, grabbing eggs from the fridge.

 

“Unnie, I said personal chef,” Jennie pouts.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter