First Cup: Who Are You?

The Jealous Red Camellia

Eunmi’s POV

I am ordering coffee in my favourite Coffee Shop. This is the new Coffee Shop and currently the hottest café in this area. The Coffee Shop is cozy and all the menus are delicious. The café has three rooms; the first room is the biggest room surrounded with glass wall. The second room in the left corner is the second big room which has a door to make the room soundproof, lot of students like to come to this café because they often have discussion in this room. The last room is the smallest room, it has only two big sofas and one dinner table.

“Can I have your order?” asked the waiter.

“One Blended Frappuccino, please.” I held my head up and gasp. ‘OMG! Who is this guy? He is not the usual waiter! He is… cuter?’

“It is 2,600 won.” Said the waiter again. But I was too focus admiring his face that I can’t hear anything. “Excuse me, haksaeng?” He is waving his hands in front of me, and call me again. “haksaeng?”

“A-ah, n-ne. Sorry, how much is it again?”

He chuckles and said, “2,600 won.”

‘OMG! Even his laughter is cute.’

“Excuse me, I know I’m charming but the line is getting longer.” Said him again.

My face burned red and I hurriedly looking for my wallet. Oh my God! I am so embarrassed.

“What takes you so long, babo Eunmi?” a familiar voice followed by a light knuckle hit in my head. “Do you forget your wallet?”

“Taekwon-ah!” I claimed.

 “One Iced Americano, please. I will pay for hers’ too.” He said to the waiter while giving his card.

“Okay.” The waiter accepted the card, “Hongbin-ah, one Blended Frappuccino and one Iced Americano, please.”

“Alright.” Said the barista, making the coffee.

“Also, call me Taekwon oppa, I am older than you, why do you keep calling me Taekwon-ah? You used to call me oppa when you are younger.”

“It is because that time I don’t understand yet that though we born in a different year, actually our is only four years. Why should I call you oppa then?” I said indifferently, looking at the waiter again, trying to find the name tag. His name is… eh? This waiter didn’t have a name card! Is it because he is new?

“Here you are.” Said the waiter giving the coffee to us.

Taekwon nod his head lightly and walked to the corner. I follow him while sneaking a peak at the waiter.

.

“So to find this ‘x’ you should calculate this one first using the second formula, after that— Ya! Chae Eunmi! Do you listen to me?” Taekwon hit my head using a pen lightly.

“Ya! Appeo!” I protested.

Andwaegetta. Let’s change the chair. If you sit there you will only keep looking at the new waiter.”

“Wh-who looking at him? I’m not!” I declined it uselessly, ‘cause I know my face is getting red.

“Do you think I only know you yesterday? He’s totally your style, right?” Taekwon said with a plain expression.

“U-uh!” I take a sip of my coffee trying to remove my embarrassment and doing the calculation to avoid further conversation. And I can see Taekwon let out a sigh.

.

Hakyeon’s POV

That student is so cute. I can’t help to look at her everytime I got the chances. But I was wondering, is the man with her is his boyfriend? They are close enough, but she didn’t want to call him ‘oppa’ probably he’s only her friend.

“Hey, if you keep looking at her, she might get burned.” Hongbin teased me.

“Ya! Do you forget I am your boss?” I glared at him but he only smile mockingly and shrugged his shoulders. This brat.

.

The next day, the girl keeps coming to the café, but she always come alone. Her friend will only come at Monday. When her friend's is not coming, she is busy with her tab. And I can see that she keeps silently glanced at me. I wonder what she’s doing.

“If you are so interested in her, why don’t you just approaching her? Doing nothing like this really is not your style.” Hongbin said while wiping a cup.

“Well, I want to. But, she is a minor. I don’t think this is right.”

“Aaa, so you still have conscience.” I chopped his neck as my reply.

.

A week later, her friend come with another man. This man looks so bubbly and cheerful unlike the one usually with her. Then the next and every Wednesday, this man come alone with her –alone here I mean the one who usually with her, Taekwon if I am not mistaken, is not with her.

“I know she’s a minor, but if you only keep standing here, I think you will lose to one of them. She seems a bit popular among man. Well, she is cute enough.” Hongbin said.

“Are you rooting for me? Aww, how cute, uri Hongbin.” I shake his hair

“Stop it.” He slap my hand and go to the coffee machine.

Suddenly my mind is full of Hongbin’s words. ‘Yea, she’s cute. What should I do?’

.

Eunmi’s POV

Today I am coming at the café again, enjoying my coffee while looking at the cute waiter as usual. Everything was fine until a beautiful rich –looking— lady come and flirting with the waiter I liked! I sit not far from the counter today, so I can exactly heard what they are saying. That btch is asking for his phone number and his name! I am so irritated. It is not fair! I like him first. Why should I still be an uninteresting highschooler?

I stepped out from the café. Walking with no direction until I see a bookstore. Then I have an idea. I opened my tab and upload a drawing of the waiter I like with a caption, ‘my red camellia is there, but my spring has yet to come.’ These past few days I kept drawing the waiter. The one I posted is when he is brewing a coffee. He looks so charming doing his job.

Then I go back to the café. I come to the counter. He looks surprised that I come again. Before he said a word, I gave him a card I printed in the bookstore. In the card there is another drawing of him. This time is a half-portrait of him smiling so beautifully. At the back I write my ainstagram account ‘svl.my’, my signature, and write “DM me.” I maybe can’t attract him like a grown woman but I can do it with a refreshing style. I tried to convince myself. After giving the card, I am dashing outside.

.

Hakyeon’s POV

I blink confusedly after receiving a card from the highschooler. I flip the card and find an ainstagram username, a signature, and a text, “DM me.” Is it her ainsta? I chuckled. Oh my, why she is so cute.

“svl.my? Where do you get this from?” Hongbin appear and take my card. He flip the card and shocked. “Is this your portrait?”

“Yes, give it back to me!” I snatch the card from Hongbin. “I got it from the haksaeng.”

“Really? Then she is—” Hongbin doesn’t continue his words and opened his phone. He checked something then said, “Daebak.”

“Why? What’s happened?” I ask.

“You… are getting famous.” Hongbin show his phone. In his phone, there is a picture of me brewing a coffee. The username is ‘svl.my’

I opened it with my own phone and realize that the followers of the account is around 1k subcribers. And there are so many comments on the drawing.

‘See? What did I say? Svl.my is a girl.’

‘Svl.my, is this your boyfriend?’

‘No, I think this is her crush.’

‘He is so handsome right?’

‘True, kinda cute and y too.’

“What… is this?” I asked

“Don’t you know ‘svl.my’? She is a famous artist. But she never draw a person, there is also not a single picture of her. Her yootube, Eun Miyeon, also has 1k. It is about a tips about drawing. But in her yootube she also didn’t show her face. But she actually the haksaeng before? Wow! If only this was my face, I will definitely ask you to give it to me. But since it’s your face, I don’t need it. Aww!”

I chopped Hongbin neck and cursed at him before I lose in my thought. This highschooler is a famous artist? And she is never draw a person/a portrait but she is drawing me? Is that mean, everytime she is alone here… she’s drawing me?

“Oh God” I gasp and cover half of my face with my hands. ‘What should I do? She is too cute. I think I can’t not loving her.’

.

Eunmi’s POV

After that incident I am too embarrassed to come to the café so I stop coming, especially because I didn’t get any text. But today my Math test result is out and I got 85! This is the best record I ever have. So I want to celebrate it with Taekwon here. I also invite Jaehwan. Jaehwan is Taekwon’s friend. I have been teaching him English because he needs to get an audition for the English musical event. Taekwon is smart in English too, almost as good as me, but my pronunciation is better than him, so Taekwon recommend Jaehwan to learn from me. Jaehwan is a silver spoon from Ken’s Corp so I also get paid fair enough.

“Why do you call us here on weekend, Eunmi? This should be worth the time I spending.” Taekwon said while sitting at the sofa.

“Boo! Don’t be like that, Taekwon-ah. Uri cute little dongsaeng is calling for us in weekend. Isn’t it nice? If you don’t want to be here, just go home. I will accompany her.” Jaehwan said, receiving a glare from Taekwon.

“Hahaha!” Their interaction is cute, and Jaehwan is always nice to me and like to tease Taekwon, that’s why I also invite him. “Ok, so I got 85 in my Math test today! It means I can have the holiday! I don’t need to take extra class. Yeay! That’s why I invite you two, I want to celebrate it. It’s on me today!”

“Really? Congratulations!” Taekwon smiling softly and shakes my hair. Strangely I felt my heart skipped a beat. This is strange, I thought I was over with him.

Ah, Taekwon was once my crush. When I moved to Seoul two years ago, he always takes care of me. That’s why I grow on him, but I stop my one sided-love when he had a girlfriend once in SHS— I also stop calling him ‘oppa’ since then— though they broke up three months later, I don’t know why.

“Yeay. I will order something expensive then.” Jaehwan said.

“Order anything you want.” I replied.

“Then, can you order a sandwich for me, Eunmi? Also, Jaehwan! Don’t go everboard!” Taekwon said.

“All right.” I said, following Jaehwan.

At the counter, Jaehwan is about to order a food but he get a text. He read the text and is silenced for a while. I thought there is something wrong with him, until he suddenly hugs me and said, “Aaaaa!!! I am accepted as the main role of the musical!”

“Really?! Wow! Congratulations!” I hug him back and we jumped a little.

“It won’t be happen without uri Eunmi.” He shake my hair and I laugh.

“Ehm… excuse me, what can I help?” the waiter asked us.

“Ah sorry, we would like to order one sandwich and one cheesecake.” I said.

“Oh, also one chocolate ice cream pancake.”

“Okay. That would be 12,000 won.” The waiter said.

“Here you are.” I give the money.

“The food will be delivered when it’s ready.” The waiter said.

“Thank you.” Jaehwan said while putting his arm around my shoulders and walk back to our place.

.

Hakyeon’s POV

“What did I say, you are one step behind.” Hongbin commented when I look at that high school girl.

“Shut up and just help me make the food.” I said while preparing for the food.

“Yea, yea.” Hongbin replied.

Not long after the foods are ready. I bring the food to them.

“One sandwich, one cheesecake, and one chocolate ice cream pancake.” I said while arranging the foods on the table.

“Thank you.” Eunmi said with a smile.

“You’re welcome.” I can’t help but to smile seeing her smile. And if I am not mistaken, I saw her face is getting red? Is she still like me? But why she isn’t come to the café recently?

I keep looking at her. They are talking, laughing, and sometimes that bubbly guy keep hugging her. I grit my teeth without realizing.

“You will bend the fork if you keep doing that.” Hongbin commented again. I glare at him. “That’s your fault. Why don’t you DM her or approaching her after she made that big effort. Also, do you want to regret again like your previous love story? She’s cheating from you and you just said, ‘don’t do it again’ but at the end she married another man. Aww! Why do you keep hitting me?”

Hongbin’s words make me think a lot. But… she is a highschooler… isn’t this wrong? While I lost in my thoughts, I see them walking in front of the café’s door. The bubbly guy keeps putting his hands on the highschooler shoulder.

He said, “Ok, because Eunmi is celebrating his test result here, now it is time for me to celebrating my audition result. Let’s go to the karaoke! It’s on me!!!”

“Yeay!” Eunmi jump a little and Taekwon just nod.

They will go to karaoke? Two men and her?

I don’t know what’s wrong with me suddenly my body walk on its’ own. I grab Eunmi hands and said, “I’m sorry, but Eunmi has a plan after this.”

Everyone are looking at me with a confused look. Their gaze make me realize.

‘Damn. What have I done?’

.

Eunmi is waiting for me until the café closed. I sit in front of her.

“Well, eum… sorry to keep you waiting.” I said.

“It’s ok.”

Silenced. I lost my words.

“Is that all you want to say?” she asked.

“No. It’s… uh.”

Again, I don’t know what to say.

“Argh!” She suddenly stand up, grab my collar and kissed me. “I like you! Is it so hard to understand?” her face is all red.

I blink.

“Say something!” she screamed. “Fine, if you don’t want to say anything, I will go home.”

She walked out but I chase her. I drag her and hug her.

“I also like you. No, I love you.” I said.

“Why is it taking so long for you to say that?”

“Sorry.”

“Does it mean today is our first day?” she asked, facing to me.

“Yea but… are you sure with that?” I ask her back.

“Of course, why am I not?”

“I mean, you are still in high school, you will meet a lot of fine guy later in collage and—”

“No one is better than you. I have met college student, Taekwon is college student and he is just annoying.”

“But you don’t even know me, what if I am a bad person or an annoying person too?”

“I know you. You are friendly and kind. Sometimes you are easily to snap when the barista, Hongbin-ssi, if I recall, teases you, but you are never really angry to him. You also help him when he broke a glass once, instead of shouting at him.”

“Well, that’s… uh… fine. But, do you know my name?”

“That’s… uh…”

“So, you want to date someone you don’t even know his name?”

“Just tell me then, what’s the fuss? Or are you just searching for an excuse to reject me? Why are you being like this then?”

“No, it’s not that. It just… I feel this is not right…”

“Why? Because I am a haksaeng? I am on my last year in senior high school anyway, I will graduate in 6 months!”

“Fine, but let me warn you. I am a bit possessive. I’m easily get jealous. Is it ok with you?”

“It’s ok. Me too, anyway.”

“Ok then. It is our first day.”

“And what is your name, oppa?” I was startled when he called me ‘oppa.’

“Hakyeon. Cha Hakyeon.”

“Ok, Hakyeon oppa. Btw, why don’t you wear a name tag? Hongbin-ssi has it.”

“Because I’m just a temporary waiter, actually I am the owner of the café.”

“Really?”

“Yea, but I’m afraid that if I look for a waiter quickly, I can’t see you closely.”

Her face is getting red by my words and she hit me lightly.

Pabo.”

I shake her hair and laugh.

FIN

Author’s note: I think this will be a series of story but not a chaptered one. I mean, every chapter will end without a hanging ending. So you can enjoy every chap separately. Yet I don’t know when I will release the next chapter. I just making this because I miss N so much, he is so cute. Ah and sorry if they are out of characters. I tried my best not to do that. Also sorry for my bad English. English isn’t my first language.

Haksaeng: student

Babo: stupid

Appeo: It hurts

Andwaegetta: It can't be like this

Ya: Hey

Uri: our

Dongsaeng: younger brother/sister

Daebak: cool