Chapter 1

The black swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pov mina's POV

 

"And first place is awarded to..Sharon mina myoi!" The announcer says.

 

I gasp and start jumping with excitement. The announcer hands me a check for $1000, and I freeze for a quick photo. I spot my parents cheering, and I blow them a kiss. 

 

Everyone in my division congratulates me, and I take pictures with the other winners. When I finally meet with my parents, they smush me into a hug.

"We're so proud of you mina!" My mom whispers. 

"How does it feel to be rich?" My dad asks playfully. 

"Amazing! I can't wait to put it in my bank account." I say excitedly. 

"Why don't we make a quick stop at the bank, and then go out for ice cream?" He asks. 

"Let's go!" I say, grabbing their hands and dragging them towards the exit. 

After my dad deposits the check, we head towards the ice cream shop. While I look out the window, I randomly ask, "How come I can't take out the money in my account?" 

"You'll have access to your savings account when you're 18. That way you'll have a lot of interest. What would you need all that money for at 9 years old?" My mom asks. 

"Don't say candy." My dad says. 

I giggle and mumble, "Candy..." 

"We're here!" My mom says excitedly. 

We all rush towards the entrance, and get in line to order. "What would you like mina?" My dad asks. 

"Cookies and cream please." I answer.

"Mint chocolate chip." My mom adds.

The worker scoops my ice cream and I beam with happiness. "Best day ever!" I say. 

"You deserve it mina. Your mom and I know how hard you worked on that dance routine." My dad says. 

"Doesn't hurt that you guys graduated from DNT. I have the best coaches." I say laughing. 

"Feels like decades ago." My mom sighs. 

"Now you sound like an old lady." My dad teases. 

My mom laughs and kisses my dad. "Gross guys! I'm eating." I say. 

They laugh and I smile. "I l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter