Final

neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tw  // cursing

--

Young Chaewon wouldn’t expect what her lifestyle would be in the future. I mean, she would really not expect she would be living like this. Studying law, living in a not-so-cramped (not enormous either) apartment complex, having uninterested but nice neighbors: she’s literally living in a comfortable and loving household.

Until she somewhat adopted a mini spawn of the devil.

Chaewon, herself, is already the spawn of the devil (as she admitted it herself) but what more of a mini one?

Don’t get her wrong, the little furry animal has captured her heart since the beginning. It was a Ragdoll, having the simplest colors on its fur (having only white and gray spots) and since it was a kitten, she felt like she needed to bring the cat home.

As far as the furry animal grew and lived with Chaewon for almost 9 months already, it was starting to act like a spoiled, rebellious teen.

Though it was still a loving and cuddly kitty, it couldn’t be stopped from being a sly little animal.

The whole apartment complex has balconies that are a meter away from each other and some other kitties like Chaewon’s could come across neighbors’ balconies like it was their free space.

And the mid-length black-haired woman was facing that situation. She didn’t want her cat jumping on other’s terraces and probably ting there like it was his.

Luckily, she wouldn’t worry about the furry kitty slipping from the veranda down to the ground (might seemingly kill itself as a result) considering she was living on the 2nd floor of the apartment.

It was a clear and peaceful Sunday and Chaewon was seen resting on her couch, playing Animal Crossing on her Nintendo Switch to relieve stress from a law school that she’d been stressing out on weekdays.

As she was reaching out her bag of chips on the coffee table, she looks around to find the Ragdoll, wondering where the little furry animal could be.

Chaewon bolted towards the veranda, realizing she left the cat there a few minutes ago to have its hourly potty (litter box was out on the veranda), and started to look for it.

She rushed outside and cocked her head right and left to find the kitty. As she glanced on her neighbor’s balcony on the left side, she recognized her Ragdoll, “How on Earth are you there?”

The law student tried reaching out her hands to presumably get the cat to look at her position and somewhat bring it back inside her apartment. The cat had no plans on getting near Chaewon. “Damn you, little Satan.”

An idea somewhat came to her mind. She could knock on the neighbor’s front door and retrieve her cat there since she wouldn’t dare herself crossing on the veranda.

Chaewon hurried and paused in front of the neighbor’s front door. She gave it three moderate knocks on the wooden door and there came her neighbor, petting her Ragdoll while holding it with her hands.

‘Wow, I never knew I had a disturbingly hot neighbor?’ She ponders, mouth almost agape.

The neighbor is a young gorgeous chocolate-haired woman, seemingly around Chaewon’s age. Her beauty was just the epitome of the word ‘Pure’ but mind-blowingly alluring, “Uhm, hi?”

Chaewon was on the brink of checking the woman head to toe, “Hi, Uhm, I came in to retrieve my cat.” She quietly thanked herself for not stuttering in front of the gorgeous girl, since dazzling women somewhat make her knees weak for some reason.

“Oh, this cutie?”  The neighbor petted the furry cat one last time before handing it to Chaewon, “I saw it on the veranda with my cat. I guess they are friends?” A soft chuckle escaped the beautiful woman’s lips and there Chaewon comprehends her voice is like music to her ears.

“I guess they are,” The law student on her fur baby’s head as she watched her neighbor pick up her own cat (Chaewon guessed it was a Siberian cat breed) and started petting it also. “She has been disappearing from my balcony since a few days ago.”

“Maybe she sensed she would have a potential friend on the other veranda,” The woman replied with another soft chuckle, “Anyways, I’m Kim Minju.”

‘There it is. I was waiting for this to come through.’ Chaewon was silently celebrating seeing that she caught the disturbingly hot neighbor’s name. She reached out on her other hand to shake, “So you’re also a Kim? I’m Kim Chaewon,” The law student softly smiled.

Minju’s eyes went wide, “Oh my God, you’re a Kim too? I bet I’m the older Kim,” She cheekily replied.

“I’m a 2000 liner, you?” The neighbor’s eyebrow quirked upward, “Oh so you’re an older Kim,” Minju couldn’t believe she’s younger than the mid-length-haired woman, “A 2001, by the way.”

“Just close enough,” Chaewon shoots a warm smile.

The neighbor shoots the same smile, her eyes making crescents, “It was nice meeting you, neighbor.”

“Yeah,” The law student didn’t want to leave yet but she concludes the younger has important things to do, “It was nice meeting you too, neighbor.”

After the door closes, Chaewon is in awe. Is her neighbor a living goddess? Yes? No? Who knows? Hell, that woman is just as nice as her beauty. Very astonishing, very breathtaking.

 

--

 

A few days after that incident, everything was just back in place. They didn’t cross paths ever since that day.

Lately, Chaewon finds it weird that her cat doesn’t trespass her neighbor’s veranda normally. It’s been a few days and it’s slightly bothering her.

She was expecting even a minor interaction of them after that day but it turns out otherwise. No interaction at all. She didn’t even catch a single strand of the woman’s hair.

No Minju. No neighbor .. interaction?

The law student tries so hard not to look so disappointed but eventually failed. Minjeong, her sister, caught her moping around.

“What’s bothering you, oldie?” The older flashes a small glare with the weird pet name.

They were having a drink at some barbeque restaurant, a part of their frequent “stress relieving” activities they both do together. Both agreed on this setting since they were stressing out so much with college lately.

“We’re literally a year apart, Minjeong,” She rolls her eyes which results in a chuckling Minjeong, “Was just bothered by something,” Perhaps someone?

“Is it Leo?” Maybe it was the cat? But it’s somewhat related to the cat .. “No, no.” Chaewon hesitantly shakes her head no.

“Little Devil is being abnormally behaved and he’s been like that since a few days ago,” There she concludes, she can’t keep an ounce of a secret to her sister. She began, starting from Leo trespassing her neighbor’s veranda, there she includes Minju into the scene and up to the cat not trespassing there lately.

“So, it’s a girl problem,” Chaewon hears a little chuckle from her sister which slightly ticked her off, “You’re having a little crush on the neighbor!”

“No , Sherlock.” The law student deadpans, “She’s hot, so, duh, of course.” She was surprised by her straightforwardness, maybe the alcohol is kicking in. 

The night goes on with them talking probably much everything; their family, funny and embarrassing memories, and more.

Chaewon wasn’t planning on getting drunk, or maybe she thought, but no, she wasn’t really planning on getting drunk. But she did get tipsy, unfortunately.

She has high tolerance on alcohol but it’s troublesome enough that her sister gets drunk easily, so she needs to drag her sister back to her apartment since she wouldn’t let her sister go home on her own with that state.

Her head hurts but she needs to drive themselves back home.

‘I didn’t sign up for this .’ She thought. Chaewon was already cursing inwardly and was repentant enough that they wouldn’t pull something like this anymore.

Thankfully, Minjeong is as light as a feather and that, she could carry the younger on her back while she makes her way to her door.

Her head was spinning and her vision was kind of blurry considering she’s already sleepy as hell. The younger was sleeping loudly but Chaewon could only roll her eyes.

They were almost in front of her apartment’s door, or she thought they were and began keying the doorknob.

The law student is already getting frustrated that her keys aren’t working, “What the ? Why aren’t these working,” She works on the doorknob again and again but still wasn’t opening.

She felt Minjeong is getting heavier as she was still rooted in front of the door. Chaewon placed her sister carefully on the floor, her head inclining on the wall.

Faint footsteps were approaching towards her position and Chaewon could care less seeing that she was getting drowsier, working on the knob quickly to get some sleep.

“Uhm, hello?”

Chaewon hears a very familiar voice. She quickly cocked her head and met eyes with the owner of the voice now standing beside her, “I think you got the wrong door, Chaewon.”

A soft chuckle escapes Minju’s lips and there, in just a matter of seconds, her drowsiness was out of her body.

“Oh.”

Chaewon could only say a word. She was completely speechless that she had embarrassed herself in front of her foolishly gorgeous neighbor. She scurries towards the door a step from Minju’s flat and briefly, the door opened.

 “I’m sorry I was really drowsy and my head is like spinning right now and I didn’t know I was on the wrong-“

“Hey, talk slowly. It’s completely fine,” Minju held her arm, stopping the woman from rambling which sent a massive jolt of electricity inside Chaewon’s body.

“I’m sorry,” Chaewon was stuttering, “My vision was getting blurry since I just got off from a drink.”

However, the neighbor alarmingly eyes on the woman sleeping on the floor, “With her?”

“Yeah, with my younger sister,” The law student trails off.

She carries her sister in a bridal style and positioned in front of her door, “And apparently she’s a low tolerant drinker.”

Minju slowly nods her head, with soft giggles that were music to Chaewon’s ears, “You should sleep,” The neighbor trails off, “Let’s have breakfast later in the morning,”

Chaewon wasn’t sure if she was dreaming or worse, daydreaming. Her ears couldn’t believe it. “Uh, sure.” She could only stutter and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter