final

warm hugs

eunbi rushes to tidy up her desk, clearly eager to come home early. she doesn't forget to drop by in her professor to submit her monthly report about the different organizations in her school.

and although it takes a lot of time, from visiting the offices of different organizations, having to attend a few of the events related, and attending meetings which sometimes last for one hour, she usually doesn't mind it, actually. the girl also gets to meet new people through it, too! but when she knows someone is waiting for her outside the campus, it feels like it's the most troublesome thing she has ever done in her whole college journey.

as she goes down from one floor to another, her classmates and a few of the students she interact with every club meetings greet her every now and then. she tries to cut the conversations, throwing out different excuses.

 

'i have another meeting to attend, so i'll be excusing myself. see you when i see you!'

'hey, i still have a couple of requirements to pass and the deadline is coming real quickly. i'd like to finish those as soon as possible so i'll be going ahead.'
 

 

she laughs at how they easily let her go like that. well maybe it's because of all the experiences she's collected. it's not like it's her first time making up excuses.

eunbi looks at her phone to recheck the location where the girl she's meeting is at.

'i'll be waiting at the exit of building b. xoxo'
 

building b isn't that far from where she is right now, so she puts her hand in the pockets of her jacket, arranges her messy bangs, and takes slower strides through the campus.
 

 

eunbi soon hears the sound of shoes tapping on the ground, and she guesses it's the latter. 

"how long have you been there?" eunbi asks

"not long, actually." sowon checks the watch she's wearing, "15? 20 minutes? feels like 30 though."
 

sowon soon notices how the younger girl starts to frown up
 

"let me guess," sowon suddenly blurts out, catching eunbi's attention. "you had a tiring day, didn't you?"

"i had to pass my monthly report, and you know how stressed i get everytime i pass those. not to mention the amount of people i ran to on the way down" eunbi replies with her eyes looking straight on the ground.
 

the taller girl lets out a small giggle.
 

"you're cute when you're like this. you sound like a 5 years old kid who didn't get the candy she wanted."
 

eunbi raises her eyebrow out of curiosity, not understanding what the latter is up to.
 

"i'm kidding. come here" she says as she opens her arms a little too wide. wide enough she can hug 2 person at the same time.
 

 

eunbi soon walks toward the latter, enclosing the gap between their arms.
 

 

silence takes over the two of them, but they don't really mind it.
 

 

"you feel so cold, didn't i remind you to bring a thicker coat?" sowon whispers.

"i'm not cold." eunbi says while drawing little circles on the other girl's back.

"you're just warm. very, warm."  the younger girl adds, showing out a bright smile to the latter.




college.. is tiring. eunbi wakes up at 6, catches up with many classes, passes different requirements she can't even remember what those are about. but when she gets to be picked up by a tall girl who happens to give a warm hug (and sometimes, coffee) to her, she figures out she can survive for a couple more months through college.