chap 1

Watching and Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul watched Jongwoon unnervingly while he was downing his third drink. The younger man's face was flushed and every word that came out of his mouth was slurred. Heechul thought it was about time he stopped him.

"Aaannd then hee sot tere like an idiot. Ya shoulda seen his face, heh, moron," Jongwoon hiccupped and grabbed the bottle of soju to tip his glass but Heechul seized his movements. Jongwoon raised his eyes and pouted.

"I think that's enough for you,"

"Whachu doin'," he whined at Heechul "Nooo, hyyuuung," Jongwoon tried pulling the bottle towards himself, but his grip wasn't strong enough to take it back from Heechul. He mumbled something incomprehensible, placed his arms on the table and settled his face on them.

Heechul sighed tiredly but was glad that Jongwoon didn't decide to argue. Heechul would probably crack under his pleas and dark eyes that would stare right at him.

"What's going on?" Jungsoo's voice came from behind and Heechul turned slightly to the side to meet their leader's eyes who joined them after a call.

"Seems he got too excited and tried to test his limits," Jungsoo looked at him curiously.
"He's wasted,"

"Ah," Jungsoo sat next Jongwoon and was about to pat him, to check on him, when the younger man raised his head and turned towards him.
"Hyuungie, Heebong's a meanie,"

"Ha?!" Jongwoon stuck out his lower lip in a cute manner, his eyes were sparkling while searching for Jungsoo's face and his hands were clutching the oldest man's arm.

"You-"

"Heechul your voice,"

"Hey, you can't handle the alcohol. Why are you being so stubborn, you little-"

"Shheee, a meanie," Jongwoon pointed at Heechul, not even sparing him a glance and buried his head in Jungsoo's neck and enveloped his torso from the side. Heechul glared at Jongwoon who was winding him up. Jungsoo let out a small laugh.

"I think it's time to go home, Jongwoon," he patted the younger man's head and he shook it under the touch. Jongwoon faced him from his lower position with an even more flushed skin.

"But, we're celebreting, hyungie, issa a party," Jongwoon raised his arms in the air to show his festive mood, a smile on his features, and hugged Jungsoo's neck. The older man smiled at him and caressed his hair. Jongwoon leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "You shouda drink moah, hyung," Heechul rolled his eyes as he put a piece of meat in his mouth.

"I'm fine, thank you," Jungsoo played with Jongwoon's hair strands near his ear and the drunk man leaned in his hand like a kitten wanting rubs. Jungsoo caressed his face and hair.

"Ya'll really flirting out in the open like that and you tell me to keep my voice down," Heechul commented.

"We're not-stop taking photos," Jungsoo turned his head to be greeted by the sight of Heechul making more blackmail material as he liked to refer to the piles of random photos he has of the members. Jungsoo knew that he had grown to be a sentimental sap with age. "I'd give them to Donghae later, he keeps all the blackmail material," that's what he usually said, but some of the photos weren't ever seen by the other members.

"And miss this great moment, no way in hell," Heechul's smile was full of mischief. Jungsoo tried to grab the phone but the man around him didn't give him a lot of room for movements and his attempts were fruitless. He sighed and looked back at Jongwoon whose eyes were closed and his breathing was calm.

"Are you asleep, Jongwoon-ah," Jungsoo whispered and removed the hair that had fallen in the younger man's face. "Woon?"

"I'd say he's out," Heechul commented while admiring his blackmail material.

"We should drive him home,"

"Call his brother,"

"Heechul, it's in middle of the night," he turned slightly to face the other man.

"Well, how are you going to get him inside? You'll have to call someone anyways,"

"His keys," Jungsoo replied simply and tried to move Jongwoon away from him. The younger man stirred a bit and tightened his hold on him. He mumbled something and calmed down. "I'm in a bit of a predicament, Heechul,"

"I can see that," he said smugly without moving a centimetre.

"Help me," Heechul smiled and stood up, going to the other side of the other two. Jungsoo raised his head and wished he didn't when he was greeted by Heechul's phone. He cussed under his nose.

"I'm going to kill you,"

"Calm down, gramps, Heechul put away the phone and moved closer.

"We're the same age," Jungsoo deadpanned. Heechul grabbed Jongwoon's arms and pulled them away from Jungsoo. The younger man tried to tear away Heechul's hold on him. Heechul sat on the little space left on the bench and put one hand across Jongwoon's torso, the other still on the younger man's arm.

"Woon-ah, come on, we're going home," he whispered in Jongwoon's ear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter