Fin.

With Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold. Her eyes had lost the sparkle that were once there, her chest are hollow. Empty, taken by the cruel thing called love. She feels as if she is only a shell of a person she thinks she was. The world feels duller, is this what it feels like to lose everything you had? 

Peering out of the window of her apartment, all she sees is white. There are flakes falling from the sky, undoubtedly marking that it was the coldest time of the year. Huddling inside with her favorite knitted blanket, all she can hear was the faded noises of the television as she stares into nothing. 

People often fall in love with the concept of love, not the person itself. Perhaps that was the case with her last relationship, she still remembers it as clear as day. It haunts her, torments her with the what ifs and hows. It has been 3 months since the breakup, and she is still the same. 

 

"I don't think i love you anymore."

 

Sure, Siyeon was also roped into the relationship by the mentality of you'll fall in love with her eventually, right? might as well. 

Both of them were happy, everything went better than she had originally expected. Yoohyeon was cute and puppy-like so it wasn't hard for her to develop a soft spot for the girl. But that was it, there was no real love between them. Sure, they cared about each other like lovers would, acted like one too. But it would be lie if she didn't expect a fall-out. 

A relationship that was build on the mere idea of having someone isn't particularly a good foundation to begin with, but they tried and she had no regrets. Still, it doesn't make it any less hurt. They had hope, no, she had hope. Hope that someday they will truly fall in love with each other like everyone else. Each day that they spent together was proof that she was willing to make it work.

But fate had other plans and her feelings hasn't changed a bit, nor does Yoohyeon's since she was the one who decided to end it. The breakup was neat and clean, no shedding tears, no fights. She was almost glad for it, of course. That means they've parted ways on good terms, right?

She never saw Yoohyeon again after that, it was as if she vanished off the surface of the earth. She doesn't think she wants to see her either, it'll bring back memories that she had tried to bury deep inside her. If everything was expected, then why does she feel so empty? Perhaps it's just an adult thing, adults feel lonely all the time right?

Shuffling to her room with the blanket wrapped around herself, she figured it'd be best to get some fresh air outside, even if it's freezing. The cold would help her feel something.. or that's what she thought. 

 

.

 

Her legs and hands are numb from the cold, but that still doesn't beat the coldness inside her heart. She walks mindlessly around the block, eyes fixated on the snow that crunches under her black boots. The noises around her dampens and her thoughts sounds a lot louder. That is until she hears one particula

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter