Final

she's my ex-girlfriend

It’s an ongoing joke amongst the members and their fans that Hyunjung and Jiyeon were awkward with each other. Both of them are known as the ‘cold beauties’ of the group with reserved personalities. So naturally, it was awkward for them to have skinship...is what the both of them claim on public television. It wasn’t true though, because behind the cameras and under the incredible x-ray-like vision of their fans, it’s obvious that the two of them were close. Subtle touches between the two were anything but unnatural. Growing up with each other for such a long time, Hyunjung knew Jiyeon and Jiyeon knew Hyunjung.

 

Sojung who grew up along with the two of them, has seen it all. The friendly pushes that gradually became soft touches. The playful glances that became longing gazes. Sojung isn’t an idiot, she can sense tension when she feels it and even if the two try to play it off with awkwardness. She’s their leader after all, and the leader is all-knowing, Sojung nods to herself proudly.

 

Alright, maybe she’s giving herself too much credit because she’s just arrived at her shared dorm after her schedule and there they were, wrapped up in a blanket together on the couch with their eyes glued to the television screen. Jiyeon was resting comfortably in the crook of Hyunjung’s neck while the older girl had one arm wrapped around the unofficially official Chocome member. 

 

“Oh, Sojung ah welcome back.” the eldest greets casually as Sojung was removing her socks in the corridor. Jiyeon squeaks out a simple “Hi” from Hyunjung’s shoulder.

 

“Hey. Why are you here?” the rapper looks at Hyunjung before plopping down on the soft carpet just below the duo. “What are you guys doing?”

 

Hyunjung raises her eyebrow, “Why do you ask? Can’t your dearest unnie visit her dongsaeng’s dorm?”.

 

The rapper rolls her eyes, choosing to ignore Hyunjung’s reply because nothing good ever comes from arguing with her. She turns her attention to the television in front of her and to her surprise, the two were watching a re-run of Dunia, the show that Luda appeared on.

 

“Oh? Isn’t this Luda’s show?”

 

“Yep.” Jiyeon glances down at Sojung who was laying on the carpet, “You didn’t watch it right?”

 

“Well, I mean I was going to.” the rapper scratches her cheek in embarrassment at her obvious excuse and she hears jeering.

 

The three continued to watch in silence as the cast was being introduced in the show, patiently waiting for their main character to make her appearance. Finally, the heroine of the show came out on the screen and the first reaction ever since the start of the show was made.

 

“Omo omo, look at her she’s so cute!”

 

“Finally! Luda’s so cute!”

 

A chorus of praises spilled out of the trio's mouths, mostly about how tiny and cute Luda was. Sojung definitely thinks that Luda was cute. In fact, Sojung thinks that she’s probably one of the cutest members in the group, alongside Yeoreum. However, she knows she isn’t gushing and squealing over said cute member like the two on the couch were. Sojung could see their eyes shine with excitement and adoration as they watched Luda scream her members’ name into the ocean.

 

“Exy Unnie! Bona Unnie!”

 

“Hah! Luda obviously likes me more. She called my name!” Jiyeon sticks out her tongue at Hyunjung childishly.

 

“Whatever. I know Luda likes me more. She’s always talking about me in fansigns.” Hyunjung shoots back with a cocky grin

 

Sojung raises her arm in the air, “I’m sorry but Luda called my name first. Maybe I’m the favourite.” She learns the hard way that her comment wasn’t welcome because right after she said that, there was a kick to her backside which sent her rolling into the coffee table. “Luda only said your name because you’re the leader.”

 

“Okay, okay, geez. Defensive much? I’m a fragile lady y’know.” The rapper rubs her poor with a pout. Her misery was met with laughter from her long-time best friends and she swears that she would kill them one day. Hyunjung was leaning into Jiyeon’s shoulder and Sojung was pretty sure that her neck would snap because Jiyeon’s so short and the angle Hyunjung was at looked so uncomfortable.

 

Maybe it was because she almost kicked into the coffee table or she was just that tired. Out of nowhere, Sojung blurted out her inner thoughts which she had kept to herself for the longest time.

 

“You two act like you’re girlfriends.”

 

The two couch potatoes stopped laughing and exchanged knowing looks with each other. Sojung almost stops breathing because of her accidental outburst and the two of them weren’t helping with the way they just went silent.

 

“Sojung ah,” Hyunjung calls out. 

 

The leader swallows her saliva nervously as she looks at the duo who were still huddled together under the blanket like a giant burrito.

 

“We are girlfriends.” Jiyeon continues.

 

Sojung stares at them dumbly, processing the newfound information as slowly as a Windows XP desktop waiting to restart.

 

0%...40%...90%......

 

“Wait, what the ?!”

 

 


 

The leader mentally nods to herself. After her discovery a couple of weeks ago that Hyunjung and Jiyeon were dating, almost everything made more sense to her. She was back on track to being the responsible leader who’s aware of everything going on and one who's able to help her members with any problems.

 

Or so that’s what she thought before she found out that Luda apparently confessed to Jiyeon when she was drunk. It was normal for Luda to become extra affectionate when she was drunk. The cute girl would go around the dorm telling her members how much she loves them and trying to grab their butts. Oh wait, she would grab butts even when she’s not drunk. But anyway, that wasn’t the point. What’s not normal was the way Luda would blush extra hard when she’s drunk confessing to Jiyeon. Not only that, Luda confessed twice! Once in person at the dorms and another time when she was out drinking with her family. The tiny girl still thought of Jiyeon, texted her a confession at 11PM and another good night text at 1AM. 

 

Does she not know that Hyunjung and Jiyeon were dating?

 

Sojung stopped Jiyeon who was on the way to the restroom during their break to ask that question and to her surprise, Luda did know about SeolBo.

 

The leader was confused because why would Luda confess to someone who’s taken?

 

“Then...Luda’s confession…? To you?” she hesitantly asked, unsure of how to approach the topic. As the leader, she felt that this had to be cleared up before serious problems could occur. She’s watched enough K-dramas to know that love triangles can be dangerous.

 

“Oh yea, Luda’s confession.” Jiyeon nods seriously before continuing with a smile, “She’s so cute right?” 

 

Sojung’s jaw drops.

 

What? That’s all?

 

Jiyeon pats her shoulder as she continues towards the restroom.

 

 


 

Sojung tries to forget the drunk confession situation between BonLu. She figured that Jiyeon probably reacted that way because she’s really close to Luda and thought of her as a cute little sister. 

 

Yes, that’s right! Nothing to worry about! Jiyeon and Hyunjung unnie must have a very strong relationship to not get jealous of each other.

 

Alas, BonLu wasn’t the end of Sojung’s confusion because they weren’t the only ones who were unnatural. As the leader, Sojung has been noticing really “weird vibes” as she would like to call it from a certain duo.

 

She narrows her eyes at the duo who were being oddly touchy near the computer setup which was used for vocal practice. The girls, excluding Jiyeon who was busy with drama filming, had just finished dance practice. Hyunjung being Hyunjung, the girl who was in love with music, announced that she would stay back to practice her vocals.

 

“Can I listen to you?” the tiniest Chocome member batted her eyelashes cutely at Hyunjung.

 

Hyunjung smiled brightly and patted Luda’s head gently, “Of course you can.”

 

It shouldn’t be weird. Everyone knows that Luda really admires Hyunjung because she would always listen to Hyunjung sing ever since they were trainees. Still, Sojung felt that something was different this time even though she can’t exactly point it out. She purposefully took an unnecessary long time to gather her things just so she could observe the SeoLu duo. A leader’s duty, she tells herself. 

 

She starts to see it. It was the way the two of them would blush slightly when their hands brush past each other as Luda hands Hyunjung the microphone. It was the way Hyunjung would pick the cheesiest love song to sing while staring straight into Luda’s eyes, as if only the two of them were in the room and she was most definitely not observing them creepily.

 

in’ weirdos

 

Sojung feels her body shudder as she remembers the disgusting exchange of ga(y)zes between the two of them while she exits the practice room quickly.

 

 


 

Sojung is at her limit when she catches Hyunjung and Luda sleeping together in Hyunjung’s bed when she was on the way to visit Juyeon’s room. Literally sleeping. Luda was tucked under Hyunjung’s chin and her arm was loosely wrapped around the other’s waist while the older had an arm under her neck. The two were in a peaceful slumber that Sojung almost - keyword is ‘almost’ - felt bad about waking them up when she screamed in shock.

 

“Oh my god!”

 

Hyunjung stirs awake first, cracking an eye open grudgingly at the intruder as she sits up.

 

“Unnie...” Luda whines when she feels the warmth leave her side. The tiny girl turns to bury her face into Hyunjung’s side and snakes an arm around the older girl’s slim waist. “Five more minutes...”

 

Hyunjung laughs lightly at the younger girl’s cuteness. It was never easy to wake Luda up. Hyunjung reaches down to tangle her hand in Luda’s hair, scratching lightly at her scalp which evokes a blissful hum.

 

Happy that she had satisfied the little puppy by her side, Hyunjung shifts her attention to her best friend of 15 years who still had a look of utter shock on her face. “Did you need something, Sojung ah?”

 

“You....Luda-” Sojung sputters, not knowing how to formulate her words. 

 

Hyunjung stares at her in amusement, but she was also patient and Sojung appreciated that. However, Sojung wasn’t going to let her off easily just because they were long-time friends.

 

The leader clears . 

 

Here I go.

 

“Hyunjung unnie. Even though we’re best friends and I’ve known you for more than half my life, I can’t let you treat Jiyeon like that. How could you cheat on her?!”

 

“And you too missy!” Sojung waves a finger at Luda, who was still enjoying head scratches from Hyunjung. “I expected more from you!”

 

The room went silent for a good fifteen seconds before Hyunjung burst into laughter, clutching onto her belly as she doubled over. Even Luda who was seemingly dozing off had awoken and was looking at her with a playful twinkle in her eye.

 

Sojung was pissed, this was no laughing matter. Just because Jiyeon was busy doesn’t mean that Hyunjung could look for other girls. As the leader, she has to protect Jiyeon’s feelings.

 

“What’s so funny?” Sojung crosses her arms in what she thought was a threatening pose.

 

“What are you talking about? Me? Cheating on Jiyeon?” Hyunjung asks in between laughter.

 

Sojung glares at Hyunjung, “Yea! That’s what you’re doing right now with Luda!” she says accusingly.

 

“Sojung unnie,” Luda starts as she sits up and leans back into Hyunjung who automatically embraces her tiny frame. Hyunjung wipes a tear from her eye after her laughter has died down and rests her chin on Luda’s shoulder. “Well, actually, Jiyeon is...” She looks at Sojung teasingly before continuing.

 

“She’s my ex-girlfriend.”

 

“Jiyeon’s your what?!”

 

Sojung points a shaky finger at Luda, “Then Luda is your…?”

 

“Sojung ah,” Hyunjung calls out.

 

“We are girlfriends.” Luda continues.

 

This feels like deja vu all over again. Sojung slaps her hands over her ears and screams.

 

 


 

It’s been a couple of weeks but Sojung was still upset. How could Hyunjung and Jiyeon not tell her that they broke up? She was their best friend for god’s sake! The betrayal. If this were a Telltale video game, she’s sure that “Sojung will remember that” would pop up above her head. 

 

On the bright side, she finally figured out the mystery that was SeoLu and she’s glad that she’s able to continue her job as the leader. She mentally pats herself on the back. WJSN will be sailing smoothly now.

 

Or that was what she thought, again! Maybe it was just her being paranoid but she swears that there was something going on between Jiyeon and Luda this time. In fact, Sojung actually thought that since the very start (SeoLu was kind of a surprise to her). The two of them had always been close. After all, they spent a lot of time together since Jiyeon was Luda’s personal dance teacher when she first joined as a trainee. Jiyeon was also really comfortable with Luda and they would often jokingly (?) flirt in public. 

 

Sojung looks over to the side and indeed, the two were flirting out in the open. Luda was sitting on Jiyeon’s lap and feeding her strawberries playfully. Jiyeon had one arm tightly wrapped around the younger girl’s waist and she would rub her nose against Luda’s neck as they laughed together. 

 

That’s kinda gay, Sojung thought while she scratched her head. Perhaps it was just fan service, Sojung tries to convince herself - BonLu were pretty popular after all. Anyway, it didn’t seem like Hyunjung minded. The older girl was actually looking at the duo with a gentle smile.

 

Fanservice was one thing, being all couple-like when they were not in the eye of the public was another thing. 

One time, the girls were hanging out in Hongdae when Sojung thought she spotted Jiyeon tenderly kiss the top of Luda’s head just before they crossed the street. She brushed it aside, thinking that she was just imagining things. 

 

Luda’s girlfriend is Hyunjung unnie.

 

Another time was when it was announced that Jiyeon had another drama gig. Everyone congratulated the actress although they were a little disappointed that her schedule would be extremely packed. However, there was one girl who was acting like a kicked puppy and was pouting, upset that she probably wouldn’t be able to spend as much time with her hotpot buddy and go on the car camping trip they kept talking about.

 

Sojung was scrolling through Twitter when she came across screenshots of Luda’s Universe private messages with their fans. Being a responsible leader, she decided to read it - just to know what’s going on.

 

Luda’s PM:

the car that i drive will be the most thrilling

bona unnie is supposed to be in the car

no but what even is unnie’s fencing lessons?!

they took her away from me

 

The leader scrolled through the images with a frown, she just doesn’t understand the relationship between the two.

 

They seem to be very good friends.

 

 


 

Scratch that, very good friends my arse! Those two are weirdos!

 

In preparation of her drama filming, Jiyeon had been busy with fencing lessons as well as script reading preparations. This meant that she would leave early in the morning and arrive back at the dorm in the middle of the night. It was painful to watch her friend drag herself around due to her lethargic state. Despite that, Jiyeon would always reach the dorms with a tired but bright smile. The reason? Lee Luda. Luda would always be seated in the living room waiting for her. Sojung had caught her a couple of times. “Oh? Luda ya, why are you still awake?” The younger girl would give a bunch of excuses, “I’m playing a game,” “I’m watching a new drama. Isn’t this unnie pretty?”

 

Sojung sees through it because she knows better. She’s the leader of the group. Because sometimes, Luda would be yawning tiredly as she clumsily taps on her mobile phone, cursing softly when her character gets killed off. Sometimes, the small girl would be knocked out on the couch with a random drama still playing in the background. Sojung lets her be, simply draping a blanket over the younger girl before heading back to her room. 

 

She knows that when Jiyeon comes back, they would greet each other with a warm embrace, whispering “Welcome home” in each other’s ears. No, she wasn’t creeping on them. She just happened to wake up to drink water right when she heard the front door open. A responsible leader needs to stay hydrated to stay healthy after all.

 

The questions swarming in Sojung’s head were becoming overwhelming. She just couldn’t wrap her head around the relationship between Jiyeon and Luda. Especially when she was awake early one morning and saw the duo emerge sleepily from Jiyeon’s room. The perfectly toasted piece of bread she was munching on dropped on the plate and the crumbs flew all over the dining table. Being the coffee addict that she was, Jiyeon was awoken by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee (courtesy to Sojung) and she dragged Luda out of bed with her. The two seemed to not care about Sojung’s utter surprise at seeing the two of them together, Jiyeon even managed to steal a piece of toast from Sojung’s plate while Luda just lazily plopped herself on Jiyeon’s lap.

 

These two…

 

She was the leader! Sojung shook her head to regain her thoughts before picking up the butter knife from the table. Brandishing it threateningly, she launched her attack against the duo.

 

“Did you two sleep together last night?!”

 

“Geez, good morning to you too” Jiyeon rolled her eyes and slapped the butter knife from Sojung’s hand.

 

“We do it all the time, unnie.” Luda points out quietly from behind a piece of toast that she also stole from Sojung’s plate.

 

Sojung’s jaw drops at her reply, sputtering out incoherent words.

 

“But..you..” the leader directs at Luda before continuing, “Hyunjung unnie...together?” Sojung gestures with two fingers by connecting both fingertips to emphasise her point.

 

Luda’s mouth forms a small ‘o’ in understanding, “Ahh, me and Hyunjung unnie?”. 

 

Sojung scrunches her eyebrows in confusion and nods.

 

“Sojung unnie,”

 

The smaller girl swallows the last bite of her (Sojung’s) toast and looks at Sojung.

 

“She’s my ex-girlfriend.”

 

Not this again.

 

Sojung feels like the toast she had just eaten was rising up . She feels sick. But she had to be sure, she’s the leader after all.

 

She points at Jiyeon weakly, “Then Jiyeon is your…?”

 

“Sojung unnie,” Luda calls out.

 

“We are girlfriends.” Jiyeon continues.

 

This feels like deja vu all over again. Sojung slumps down from the chair and onto the floor, screaming silently into her sleeve because her members are still sleeping and she’s a good leader.

 


 

Sojung really thought that the weird relationship situation between Hyunjung, Jiyeon and Luda would stop here. According to her big brain, it all added up because they’ve each dated one another. Sojung did the math with her fingers.

 

SeolBo, she puts the first finger down.

 

SeoLu, she puts the second finger down.

 

BonLu, she puts the last finger down.

 

The cycle is complete! She even thought of throwing a party to celebrate her win as the leader of the group.

 

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case because the relationship between Hyunjung, Jiyeon and Luda continues to be a complicated gay mess.

 

The rapper tries to go over the details in her mind. 

 

Firstly, there was the time when Hyunjung and Luda guested on Dayoung’s radio show. Being the responsible and supportive leader, she watched the broadcast and was baffled when she heard the story of Luda calling Hyunjung at 3AM just to ask “whatcha doin?”. The two joked about how Luda was acting like an ex-girlfriend and Sojung could see the annoying cheeky smiles on both their faces. Luda would be pining over Hyunjung on VLIVEs and she also never stopped sticking to Hyunjung when the older girl would have vocal practice.

 

Secondly, Hyunjung would still take care of Luda silently and sing undying praises about how cute the younger girl was. Sojung even caught Luda sleeping on Hyunjung’s shoulder just last Wednesday.

 

Thirdly, Hyunjung and Jiyeon were still the same. They looked out for each other and knew each other’s thoughts easily. Their skinship was natural and it almost seemed like they had never broken up in the first place.

 

Lastly, it wasn’t like Jiyeon and Luda’s relationship became sour either. The two of them still cuddle and are even in the midst of the final preparations for their car camping trip.

 

These three are definitely weirdos.

 

Grimacing at the thought of the trio, Sojung decided that she had to step up as a leader and get down to the bottom of their strange relationship.

 


 

“Welcome to this 3A emergency special meeting.” Sojung spreads her arms open dramatically.

 

The trio seated on the living room couch raised their eyebrows in tandem, unsure of why they were invited (coerced) into attending this meeting.

 

“Today, we will be addressing a problem.” Sojung says as she paces back and forth on the carpet, her imaginary beard. “You three!” she spins around and shoves a finger at their faces, “Y’all act so weirdly with each other and I can’t understand your relationship.”

 

Hyunjung yawns loudly on purpose to annoy Sojung and lifts her leg and drapes it across Jiyeon and Luda’s laps. The youngest girl in the center leans into Jiyeon’s neck while she plays with Hyunjung’s fingers absentmindedly. Jiyeon brushes her hand past Luda’s cheek softly while her other hand was rubbing small circles on the eldest's leg. Their leader's words going in through one ear and out the other. 

 

A snap was heard. “Ya! Pay attention here.” Sojung clicks her tongue in irritation.

 

“Anyway, as I was saying, you three need to explain what’s going on.” Reaching into her pocket, she pulls out a crumpled piece of paper which contains a badly drawn picture of a love triangle between 3A. “Because Jiyeon’s dating Luda right now but Luda is also pining over Hyunjung unnie but Jiyeon is also still acting like Hyunjung unnie’s girlfriend and-”

 

Sojung stops pointing at the drawing and ruffles her hair in frustration, “I just don’t get it!”

 

Jiyeon snorts, thoroughly amused by her best friend's breakdown, “Why do you wanna know anyway?”

 

“I’m the leader! I need to know these things. I’m supposed to know everything that’s going on in our group. That’s how I’ve led us so well all these times.” she pats her chest proudly.

 

The trio exchange knowing looks, silently communicating with each other. Hyunjung and Jiyeon nod at Luda who starts coyly, “Sojung unnie, isn’t it pretty obvious?”

 

The leader glared at Luda, she was so tired. “If I knew, we wouldn’t be having this 3A emergency special meeting right now!” 

 

Hyunjung decided to spare her the pain of guessing. “Sojung ah,” Hyunjung calls out, the corners of her lips rising slightly as she tries to hide her smile.

 

“We’re ex-girlfriends.” Jiyeon continues.

 

The look on Sojung’s face must have been hilarious because the trio erupted in laughter the moment they saw their leader’s expression change from frustration to bewilderment.

 

“You’re ing kidding me! Then why are the three of you all over each other...LIKE THAT” the leader roars, pointing an accusing finger at the trio’s intimate postures.

 

Luda giggles when she feels two arms from both her sides snake around her waist and hug her tightly. “Sojung unnie, isn’t it obvious?” the tiny girl turns her head to give her two unnies each a light peck on the cheek before she continues.

 

“We’re trying to win each other back.” Luda grins brightly when she feels returning kisses on both her cheeks.

 

The leader gaped at Luda’s response. She was at a loss for words.

 

These three are more twisted than I thought!

 

That was it. Hyunjung, Jiyeon and Luda had a relationship that she didn’t understand. And perhaps she never will. So as the responsible leader, she did what she had to do. Sojung simply turned around without replying, walked back to her room and closed the door silently.

 

The trio snickered amongst themselves when they heard the sound of Sojung flopping onto her bed followed by a muffled scream which they supposed was drowned out by a pillow.

 

“Hey, ex-girlfriend.” the smallest girl calls out which draws the attention of the two beside her.

 

Upon hearing her voice, Hyunjung and Jiyeon both turn to Luda. “Which one?” Jiyeon playfully nibbles on Luda’s earlobe. “Yea Luda, which one?” Hyunjung agrees, nuzzling into Luda’s neck and placing small kisses along her shoulder.

 

“Both of you.”

 

“Say, can we get back together?” the tiniest Chocome member asks.

 

“Of course baby, how can we resist you?” Jiyeon says as she lightly turns Luda’s face and leans in to kiss the younger girl. The kiss was sweet and playful - much like her relationship with Jiyeon, she thinks, feeling the older girl bite on her bottom lip coquettishly. When they pulled away, Luda didn’t even have any time to catch her breath before she felt a hand grab her chin and turn her around. Within seconds, Hyunjung had her lips around her own and it felt heavenly. Kissing Hyunjung felt different from kissing Jiyeon. Jiyeon reminded her of lightly roasted coffee - familiar and comfortable. Hyunjung reminded her of dark chocolate - intense and passionate. Hyunjung took her time with Luda, pouring out all her emotions into the kiss and by the time she pulled away, Luda was breathless and panting for air. Looking at Luda’s thoroughly kissed lips and flushed face, Hyunjung couldn’t resist herself from pinching the younger girl’s cheeks. “Luda ya,  you’re so cute.”

 

The younger girl huffs and tries to shake off Hyunjung’s hand that was currently terrorizing her cheeks which made both of her unnies laugh even more at her adorableness.

 

“Jiyeon ah,” Hyunjung leans back into the couch to catch Jiyeon’s eye.

 

“Yea?”

 

“Do you want to get back together too?”

 

Jiyeon laughs and replies by leaning forward and tugging on Hyunjung’s shirt to pull the older girl into a kiss with Luda squashed in between them uncomfortably.

 

“Seriously? I’m right here y’know!” the younger girl sulks grumpily.

 

Hyunjung laughs into the kiss and Jiyeon thinks it was beautiful. They pulled away and before they could coax the grumpy girl in the middle, they were interrupted by a shout from their leader’s room

 

“Get a room you weirdos!”

 


welp, that's all!

i'd like to point out that i randomly made this plot up in like 2 days because i cant get 3A outta my head. sojung is an adorable dork, hence i had to give her a big role in this story. she makes it fun doesn't she? also, you may recognise many of these scenes such as luda's drunk confession and ex-gf talk. yea well, these are definitely not in real-life chronological order. finally, i most definitely did not proof read any of this. so just bear with me here.

i hope you enjoyed reading this. let me know what you think! i had fun with this oneshot while procrastinating on my mishu fic ahah. thanks for reading!