And Again

B e a s t l y M i n u t e [ beautiful*mania ]
Title: And Again
Date: 12/13/10
Pairing: implied!Jiyoon/Gayoon
Genre: Angst, Drama, Friendship
Rating: PG
Word Count: 455
Description: You’re too good for him.

===

Exasperated, she turned her head to look at the pitiful girl that now slumped on her bed. She let the gloomy blonde rest her head on her shoulder, her own hand patting the girl’s shoulder.

It was something she could never help doing, no matter how much she forced herself to restrain herself—it was only for Jiyoon’s own good. And yet, she gave in. Knowing everything, knowing the consequences, she gave in. And everytime she did, she knew she wouldn't be helping Jiyoon’s case at all.

In fact, it only encouraged the behavior more.

“I don’t know,” the girl sniffed, “I just don’t know a life without him…”

Gayoon sighed through gritted teeth, “Jiyoon… he’s… “

‘Not worth it. Not worth the pain and suffering he’s putting you through. Not worth your smiles, your love, your forgiveness.

Not when all he did was hurt you.’

She could never bring herself to fully say what she wanted to say the first time he had hurt her best friend like this. The subsequent times did nothing to diminish her enragement upon hearing it had happened again. Jiyoon would always forgive, always go back.

Always choose him.

Gently, Gayoon took Jiyoon’s hands in hers, meeting her eyes.

Gayoon looked at her, conveying everything her heart screamed yet her voice could never.

‘If only you could see, just how unhappy you have been since going out with that… thing. The countless times you’ve spent cuddled next to me, crying about some other stupid thing he’s done—some other stupid girl he’s done. And the countless times I’ve been there, hugging you, supporting you, advising you—to the point that I could no longer talk, and only watch on as you ignored my words and choose him.

Each and every subsequent time I could bring myself less to tell you “I told you so.” To tell you, “Just leave him”

You’re too good for him.’

Jiyoon smiled softly, pulling Gayoon in a hug, “Thanks Gayoon-ah.”

Gayoon clenched her fists, not saying a word. Jiyoon wouldn’t get it. And she would never say the words. Jiyoon would have to learn them herself—once she decided to finally listen.

“You’re really the best friend I could ever ask for” Jiyoon continued, now pulling out of the hug, “Thanks for always being there and helping me through everything”

Jiyoon slipped out of Gayoon’s bottom bunk, climbing herself to her own top one.

“Night Gayoon” Jiyoon managed to croak—

“I love you.”

It meant nothing, Gayoon knew. If love was what Jiyoon was going through with that monster, she wanted nothing of it.

Gayoon sighed again, “Yeah…”

She would be dreaming of the day when Jiyoon would finally let go.

Finally choose her.

===

It’s short, but a close friend of mine nearly nagged me to death to write about 2yoon couple. You know who you are.

I was being ambiguous enough, I admit. Even I was getting confused at the ambiguity of it haha!

So—make of it what you will (;