Chapter 1 - It's Gonna Be Fine

Heal

CHAPTER 1 - IT'S GONNA BE FINE

 

“You know…. I once loved him,” she took a sip of that Ice Americano that she doesn’t usually order. Once the bitter coffee hit her tastebud, she couldn’t help but frowned, “It has been years. I thought that I’m over it. But why do I still feel sad about it?”  

Ice Americano – the taste of adult.

It’s adulting.

She sighed, ready to take another sip but her Ice Americano was replaced with Ice Vanilla Latte before she could react.

“Take this instead.”

Ice Vanilla Latte – Something that Seulgi always ordered. He knows that she loves coffee but just not bitter coffee.

As for Sehun, he swore that he will never take any sweet coffee. Ice Americano is his go to. But, he ordered Ice Vanilla Latte without a second thought when Seulgi, who was in front of him, ordered Ice Americano without much thought.

She looked up and lazily glanced over to him, gave him a small smile and mumbled a thanks under her breathe before focusing her attention to the not so interesting coffee table.

She’s awful quiet today.

“Hey.”

“…….”

“Seulgi, look at me.”

Seulgi looked up from the coffee table and saw Sehun giving her that reassurance smile. Suddenly, she felt guilty for not paying her best friend any attention today when he was always there for her. She buried her face in both of her hands that was propped against her knee, she let out a small cry and said, “I’m so sorry, Sehun. I shouldn’t be so down when you came over to visit me.”

Oh Sehun just came back from his concert tour with EXO, at the age of 27 years old, he is successful. Seulgi and him had been friends for years, they go way back. Way before they debut.

They attended the same school, they trained together, they are besties together with Kai. As much as Seulgi and Sehun doesn’t have any interaction in the public, but they chat every single day via LINE.

All along, Sehun knows that Seulgi had a crush on Kai since their trainee day. But he also knows that Kai do not see Seulgi in that way. And ironically, Oh Sehun is in love with Seulgi. But he never once thought of telling her because he just couldn’t bear to ruin the friendship.

He does not have the courage to take the first step.

Just like, Kang Seulgi, who does not have the courage to take the first step out to Kai.

Till now, till the end of her love towards Kai, she never once told Kai about her feelings.

She heard him let out a soft chuckled. Sehun got up from the armchair and went over to Seulgi and pulled her into his warm hug, “Hey, everything is going to be fine, alright? You still have me, isn’t it?”

Those tears that had already piled up in her eyes started to roll it way down her face when Sehun hugged her. “I-I... I just don’t get myself. I’m over him ever since he was with Krystal. So why do I feel these weird feelings in my heart when the news broke out of Jennie and him will be holding their wedding in two months’ time?”

She sniffed and choked on her own tears, he gently patted her back and cooed her. Seulgi wiped her tears away with the back of her hands, pulled herself away from Sehun, looked up at him with a smile that’s just look too strained in his eyes.

 She said with her trembling voice, “T-Thank you, Sehun.”

Sehun frowned and sighed, “Don’t smile if you don’t feel like it.” He pulled her back into his embrace, “You are over him. You are doing well all along, isn’t it?”

Seulgi nodded and convinced herself that she is over him and all she is feeling now is just regrets. She felt that she won’t feel so upset if she did let Kai know about how she felt in the past. No matter the outcome, at least she did not hide.

“Seulgi.”

“Hmm?”

“Would you go out with me?”

He asked her with trembling heart. Heart that is ready to explode with years of feelings for her.

Can best friend turn lover?

Can they both move forward without hurting each other?