Baby Bear

A Beary Happy Birthday

Donghyuck was loud.

 

He cried like the world betrayed him and he laughed like he was an emoji. Donghyuck was adored nonetheless, with Johnny cooing at the youngest while Kun played songs on his keyboard. Donghyuck loved the attention and he was growing up like a drama queen.

 

Johnny may have been spoiling his youngest, from the cute clothes he continued to buy for his bear cub, to the excessive amounts of stuffed toys in the play area. Kun had told him stop buying mor toys but with a pout from the older and an arm around his waist, he gives in almost instantly.

 

“bwabwa, play?” Mark had tugged on his shirt and Kun picked up the kid and brought him towards the piano to play a song. He sat on the bench and placed his middle son on his lap before is fingers danced across the keys in a majestic display of talent. “bwabwa is swooo gwood. Will I bwee gwood twoo?” Mark asked and Kun bopped his nose and smiled.

 

“Of course, you want to learn the piano? Or any instrument? Just tell us okay? Your appa would love to spoil you too.” Kun assured him and Mark smiled and made grabby hands to kiss his cheeks.

 

“So what did I miss?” Johnny asked, carrying a babbling Donghyuck while Lucas held on to   ohnny’s pants.

 

“bwabwa played!” Mark chirped.

 

“Nwot fwair!” Lucas ran to Kun who effortless picked up the kid and sat him on the bench while Mark sat next to Kun as well. “Play! Bwabwa play!” Lucas urged and Kun kissed his son’s cheek before he played a song he knew Mark and Lucas loved to sing along too.

 

Donghyuck was babbling happily as Kun played and it made Johnny happy to witness such love and music filling his household. He surely hit the jackpot with Kun, and he was glad that he had found him when he did.

 

“Can you play our song?” Johnny asked and Kun looked at him with a grin.

 

“We’re not wearing Versace.” Kun winked and it made Johnny laugh.

 

“not that silly bear.” Johnny leaned to kiss his husband’s cheek. “our wedding song.” Johnny said and Kun laughed.

 

“Of course.” Kun easily transitioned to the song, it was Kun’s composition, Horizon, something he wrote back before he met Johnny again. It was about never ending hope despite the odds and impossibilities. And it truly reflected how Kun and Johnny were like the sky and sea, not able to meet theoretically, but figuratively, an illusion, they manage to meet.

 

“I love you!”” Johnny muttered and Kun smiled.

 

“I love you too!” Kun replied and it prompted both Lucas and Mark to blurt out their affection for their fathers.

 

 

When the little dragons were turning one, there were a lot of chaos in the preparation but it was organized chaos and a lot of laughter because the older bunch were cheering loudly for the younger ones. When Renjun picked up the microphone, Sicheng picked up his son and peppered him with kisses while Lucas screamed loudly for no apparent reason, making everyone laugh. Yangyang, the mischievous younger twin, picked up a dictionary Ten tossed in as a joke, making Taeil teary eyed and hugged his son, at least one of the twins will take each of their passions in the future.

 

Doyoung was a little more over the top with Jeno’s birthday and the kid was dressed as a prince and everyone was asked to wear traditional clothing. Since Johnny was that extra, he had specifically ordered tailored hanfu and hanbok for his family, and Doyoung glared at the older when the Suh’s arrived looking like the delegates of the middle kingdom. Taeyong, the ever competitive friend did the same and Doyoung glared at him when Yuta, Dejun and Shotaro were wearing kimonos with the Nakamoto-Lee crests.

 

“I hate you all!” Doyoung mocked a pained expression but when the kids were running and playing around looking like a parade of nations, he cooed at them.

 

“Relax Doie, Jeno’s enjoying this.” Jaehyun comforted his husband and Doyoung laughed, he was being petty that he was overlooking how important those traditional clothes to his friends who were from different nationalities. “Besides, we are the kings of this court.” Jaehyun reminded him and Doyoung nodded.

 

“Let’s not keep our court waiting.” Doyoung said and scooped up Jeno to have his doljabi.

 

“A gift from the kingdom of Siam.” Ten handed  Jeno a box wrapped in gold and made the boy chuckle in glee.

 

“We appreciate the gift.” Doyoung thanked him and Ten grinned at him.

 

“Got over your little tantrum your majesty?” Ten asked and Doyoung snorted.

 

“Yeah, forgot that it’s about Jeno and not me.” Doyoung sighed and out of nowhere he was hugged by both Kun and Yuta.

 

“Sorry that ourhusbands were extra.” Kun apologized and Doyoung was tearing up.

 

‘I’m just a little stressed, is all. But thank you, it looks like a real party now.” Doyoung laughed as tears fell.

 

“pwa!” jeno squeaked and Doyoung picked up his precious son and kissed his cheeks.

 

“I’m Okay Jeno my dear, let’s pick something now?” he asked the kid who gurgled then laughed as Doyoung peppered him with kisses.

 

 

Jeno picked up the ball and nibbled on it making Jaehyun happy that his son will be athletic just like him and Doyoung was happy with anything Jeno picks because he’s whipped like that.

 

When May rolled in, Kun and Johnny were both busy with the birthday preparations for their bear cub and Donghyuck was hyperactive too as he rolled around and giggled while playing with the stuffed toys Johnny had brought him. But when Kun played him a song, Donghyuck would stop to listen and even asked Kun to pick him up to be able to look at the piano closely.

 

“Will you be a pianist like me my baby bear?” Kun asked and Donghyuck gurgled whatever he wanted to say making Kun smile at his adorable son. “Your appa would love that when you do.” Kun said and kissed his son’s cheek before resuming playing on the piano and singing his son a sweet lullaby.

 

 

“Do we really have to look like a zoo?” Ten grunted as he entered the venue wearing his cat onesie while Jungwoo wore a dog onesie and their baby boy Hendery in a pony onesie.

 

“oh come on, Hendery likes his onesie.” Jungwoo nudged his fiancé.

 

“Hey Jungwoo! You’re a dog too?” Jaehyun asked and the two high fived.

 

“Why can’t I be a dog too when Jeno is wearing a puppy onesie?” Doyoung grunted as he picked at his rabbit onesie.

 

“Don’t be dramatic, this is for Donghyuck. Remember how you forced us to wear Hanbok?” Taeil glared at Doyoung. “Good thing Sicheng is very pretty in his hanfu or I would have really defied you and wore a leather jacket instead.” Taeil deadpanned making Jungwoo laugh.

 

“Hey, this is not that bad, and the kids look cute in their onesies.” Yuta sat next to Taeil while holding a gurgling and excited Jaemin who wanted to crawl towards Doyoung. “See, Jaemin likes your onesie!” Yuta chuckled as he gave Jaemin to Doyoung.

 

“okay fine, I am doing this for the kids. Bunnies are cute right Nana?” Doyoung asked and Jaemin giggled.

 

Kun and Johnny wore a hanfu and hanbok first as Donghyuck picked his item in the pile for his doljabi. Surprisingly enough, he picked a microphone and Johnnywas very happy for what his baby bear had picked up. After that, they changed into their onesies and they earned a huge whine from Lucas because he wasn’t a bear but his twin brother pouted at him and almost cried because he was being left alone as the lion cub made Lucas do a 180 and just enjoyed being the lions that they were.

 

“I know I look silly but can I play a song for my baby bear?” Kun announced and everyone cheered as staffs set up a keyboard for him.

 

Kun haven’t told anyone about this and Johnny was smiling as he sat to the side with his youngest on his lap and the twins on his side. Kun smiled his dazzling and dimpled smile then blew a kiss towards Donghyuck before he played on the keyboard. Everyone thought that it was just harmonies, but Kun started to sing and johnny’s jaws dropped.  Kun composed the song for his children, how he loved them so much and how thankful he is for their presences in his and Johnny’s life. It made Johnny emotional as he felt tears to form on his eyes. The kids may have been too young to understand but judging by how they were smiling wide at their father, they surely appreciated the gift.

 

Everyone applauded and both Lucas and Mark ran to hug their father while Johnny took small steps while carrying Donghyuck. When he was near Kun, the younger stood and he took Donghyuck to plant a kiss on his cheek before standing on tip toes to kiss his husband.

 

“Get a room!” Taeyong shouted and everyone laughed, maybe they will after the party.

 

“That was beautiful.” Johnny muttered before he kissed his husband one more time and Kun smiled wide at him.

 

“Thank you.” Kun replied.

 

 

---

 

“How did you event get the time to compose while you take care of our kids?” Johnny asked as they settled on their bed.

 

“It came to me and I just played around with it. Besides the boys love it when I play them a song and sing to them.” Kun answered, tucking himself under the covers.

 

“You’re amazing.” Johnny said, pulling his husband closer to him and planting a kiss on his temple. “I love you so much.” Johnny declared and Kun was beyond happy as his heart fluttered. It’s been years but Johnny never ceased to make Kun feel loved and appreciated.

 

‘I love you too.” Kun replied, kissing his husband on the lips. “Always.” Kun added and Johnny smiled, satisfied with the man in his arms and with the family that they built together.

 

“Kun, have I thanked you enough for giving me everything that I thought I would never have?” Johnny asked, face sincere and Kun felt that, and felt the security of Johnny’s arm around him.

 

“Your existence is my everything.” Kun replied and Johnny was in tears, Kun is really his one and only.

 

---

 

“Flowers?” Doyoung raised a brow at the invitation Yuta handed to him.

 

“It’s a luau.”  Yuta clarified. “We are having a summer themed party for the boys and I am sure my godson would love to have his fill of watermelons.” Yuta said and upon hearing the word, Mark went running to Yuta and asked about his favorite fruit.

 

“This will be fun.” Sicheng said as he looked at the invite. “Ten-ge, want to have a hula showdown?” Sicheng asked and Ten raised a brow before grinning.

 

“You’re on.” Ten responded making Yuta laugh at them.

 

The Luau was a huge success as the kids were enjoying the sand box installed for them to play with and the whole place was like an island getaway. The hula dance off became a full blown competition for the fathers but ultimately, the dis babbled and wiggled their way to cinch the first place. During the doljabi, Jaemin picked money, surprising Taeyong and sweet little Shotaro picked up a cassette tape which no one knew who placed it but a smiling Kun made it a dead giveaway.

 

‘Why would you put that?” Johnny asked his husband.

 

‘music is part of my life.” Kun explained and Johnny nodded in agreement. “But you’re a bigger part of my life, literally.” Kun said, making Johnny laugh loudly.

 

 

---

 

“Kunnie?” Johnny asked his husband as they sat down for coffee. “Would it be trouble for you if I want 1 more?” Johnny asked and Kun shook his head.

 

“It’s not trouble at all Johnny. You know that.” Kun answered making Johnny grin like a mad man.

 

“Let’s visit ma and pa shall we?” Johnny asked and Kun laughed at his husband

 

“You want our bear cub made in China?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded. “Seriously?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded making Kun laugh hysterically. “you’re unbelievable.” Kun shook his head but the lingering smile was full of fondness for his beloved.

 

 

 

 

----

 

a/n: I know that this is long overdue but life has been keeping me busy. I quickly squeezed this in so I can finish the series. I really wanted to have the maknae line in there so we will power through life and write as much as I can. Stay safe everyone!