fin.

2nd Audition Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Where is she?" Melanie asked while looking around for Gina for the nth time.

The quartet were waiting in the Student Council's break room for their friend to show up since Gina messaged them a few days ago after the events of the Black Day Festival about an urgent manner concerning the Sing In May event and needed to discuss details. They wondered what kind of discussion needed to be addressed since Gina wouldn't disclose the information over text message. Then again, Serena declined in helping, but the twins persisted in persuading her to listen to what their friend had to say.

"It's a Saturday and I should be sleeping in. Not waiting to hear what Gina has to say about the Sing In May."

Serena groaned as she rested her arms on the table and placed her head on them.

"Why does everything have to be so early?"

"Because it's all for a good cause."

Gina announced as she entered the room with another person in tow which the quartet recognized instantly.

"Natty! Hi!"

They greeted her as Natty greeted them back with a cheerful tone. Gina looked confused between them.

"Y'all know one another?"

"Yeah."

They answered at the same time as Gina nodded with a smile.

"That makes it so much easier then. Cool."

"What do you mean by that?" Jasmine inquired before connecting it.

"Ah, this is where the discussion talk comes into play, huh?"

"Yes."

Gina explained the situation.

"Natty was supposed to have performed in the first auditions, but something happened and she missed out with her original group. Because the original group is already listed to perform as is, this makes her unable to be added to that group."

"So how do we come into play?" Katherine asked with a suspicious tone.

"Well, the Sing In May is having a second audition to fill up the remaining time slots which were unaccounted for as well as the fact that several acts dropped out a few days after the results were announced."

Gina glanced at them expectantly.

"Well, Natty's a dear junior to me and y'all know her as well, so I was hoping y'all could assist her for her audition later today."

"Seriously? Later today?"

Melanie questioned with a scoff.

"You want us to prepare in less than a day?"

"Well, it's true that it's less than a day as the second auditions start in a few hours, but it's until six or seven in the evening. Anyways, the four of you are more like back-up dancers and back-up singers in a sense compared to being a full vocal team. It'll make sense later. Besides, y'all already know the song and have practiced it before. That will definitely cut down on the practicing part, but more importantly, Natty really wants to try out and give it ago this year. So please?"

"So the group performed without you?" Serena asked, directing her attention towards Natty.

"Did you know?"

Natty nodded.

"I did. I told them to go for it without me, but Gina noticed I was still glum about it and said she would help me out some way."

"Some way that's right."

Gina chuckled knowing what Serena was hinting at.

"Wait, are we allowed to do that?" Melanie asked before continuing.

"We're already a group and a part of the event already?"

"You can participate as many times as you want, but as long as you're able to juggle between performances."

Serena eyed Gina suspiciously.

"If that's possible, then why don't the other people she was supposed to be with aid her instead?"

"I asked them already, but they declined. They wouldn't be able to work on two performances while school is still in session and wanted to focus on only one since they're already accepted."

"Wow, some friends."

Serena looked at the other three with a reluctant gaze as they shot a knowing look at Gina who grinned.

"So y'all are in?"

"We're in." Jasmine confirmed getting into leader mode even though she didn't need to.

"Great!"

Gina beamed while bringing out a bag from somewhere which neither of them noticed as the quartet groaned while Natty seemed puzzled.

"I got some goodies for y'all, too!"

Luckily they didn't have to wear it until they auditioned. The quintet went to practice in an empty room thanks to Gina and after an hour did the quartet leave Natty alone to practice on her own as Gina wanted to speak with the quartet for another discussion. They learned that it was for another schoolmate with a similar situation as Natty, but for different reasons.

"This is Jyurie. She's auditioning for this event, but she was supposed to perform with her group of friends. Something happened and they all bailed on her at the last second and formed another group without her instead." Gina explained the situation.

"They made another group without you?" Katherine questioned with an apologetic expression.

"I'm so sorry, Jyurie."

"Wait a minute."

Melanie interjected while looking over at Gina instead of Jyurie.

"What are those?"

"These?"

Gina held up the clothing with a secretive grin.

"To help her as well."

"How?"

"Hold on. Let's get to that later." Jasmine intervened before looking over at Jyurie.

"Can I ask why your friends made a new group without you?"

"Did something happen?" Serena inquired.

"I mean, it's kinda drastic if they abandoned you and didn't bother sticking around."

Jyurie looked at her feet while answering.

"We were supposed to perform for the first auditions, but things came up. When we found out about the second audition we were excited and started practicing the same routine, but then came yesterday and they told me they wanted to do it as five instead of six."

"That's pretty last minute and highly rude."

Serena commented with a frown.

"Did something else happen?"

"There has to be more to it than just that." Melanie spoke in a firm tone.

"If you don't mind, then please tell us the truth."

Jyurie's attention was still on her feet as Gina patted her on the back in support before explaining in her place.

"It was mainly about a guy that caused this whole issue."

The quartet scoffed.

"Seriously?"

The pair nodded as the four shook their heads.

"Of all things," Katherine huffed in annoyance, "You're gonna throw friendship away so easily."

"It's really my own fault though." Jyurie admitted while speaking in a softer tone and looked up at the quartet.

"I didn't tell them that the guy and I grew up together and became really close since our older sisters grew up with one another, too, but the others all assume I went behind their back to get his attention for my own without knowing the whole story. "

"He's a well-known guy on campus, huh?" Jasmine guessed with a sure thought.

Jyurie nodded as Gina revealed his identity.

"It's Taeyong."

"Wow, really? As in the one and only Lee Taeyong?" Jasmine gasped in surprise.

"But he's such a friendly guy and is cool with everyone. Everyone likes him, especially Serena."

"I do not. I hardly know the guy." Serena disagreed with a firm look as Jasmine chuckled.

"Right. Anyways, you need better friends, Jyurie."

"It's hard." Jyurie admitted.

"The other girls I've known for a while, too, but I guess our bond wasn't that strong."

She looked at Gina and the other four.

"Unlike the five of you."

"You're a good friend, Jyurie." Gina assured the female while pulling her into a hug.

"Well, since you're a good friend of Gina, then you're a good friend of ours, too."

Melanie spoke with the other three agreeing.

"Thank you." Jyurie thanked them with a thankful smile as she bowed.

"I appreciate that."

Jyurie lifted her head while playing with her fingers.

"I really want to participate, but because it's so last minute I don't know what song to do or what name to go by."

"What's the name of your previous group and what song were y'all gonna perform?" Serena questioned.

"The Pretty Pink Avengers is the name while the song is Into the New World."

"Cool. We've done this song before, but never performed it in person and I love a good revenge trick."

Serena looked at Jyurie with determination.

"We're gonna make them regret throwing you away so easily and that you'll shine on without them."

"Yes!" Katherine cheered, but then looked over at Serena with a smirk.

"Are you sure you don't like to sing and dance?"

Please log in to read the full chapter