tears

entrusting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeji watches as she dances right before her, her body light and free from anything that hinders her from happiness, the smile on her face glowing brighter than anything Yeji had ever seen, and it makes her chest feel empty and full at the same time.

Empty because she’s finally happy without worries, full because she’s the reason.

A smile grows like a sapling, and Yeji glows as well.

“Maybe, it was my fault.” Yeji whispers in the thin air flowing inside the building, and a shaky breath slips through her lips as her legs nearly give up on her, the lack of energy in her finally making her collapse on the floor, at the same time she can’t fight the tears anymore.

She didn’t know how to fix it. She didn’t know how to fight for the last time, she didn’t know how to keep her when she’s already imagining herself in the arms of someone else.

A sob escapes her lips and she lets it ring in her ears as it echoes in the empty church.

It was her fault.

She wasn’t brave enough.

And when she finally did gain the courage, it was too late.

She lost the one that loved her and now, she’s alone.

She looks up from looking at her fingers, particularly the one that still wears the symbol of the love they once had, the one she had lost the meaning to fight, the one she had lost tonight. She looks up to turn and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter