fin.

Do You Ever...
Please log in to read the full chapter

A pair of friends, Mingi and Yiseul, were sitting underneath the stars on top of their apartment complex's rooftop. It was one of those daily routines that the two did everyday or every other day when they had time for it. It varies day to day due to their activities and schedules as the pair live their lives differently nowadays as they've grown older than before when they were younger. Tonight's daily routine shouldn't have been any different from the previous hangouts, but it was.

"Hey, Yiseul?"

Mingi spoke, breaking the silence as Yiseul let out a hum upon hearing him speak.

"Hmm?"

Yiseul's attention was towards the night sky while Mingi fiddled with his fingers as he looked from the starry sky to his friend.

"Who am I to you?"

"Pardon?"

The question caught her off guard as she glanced at her friend. Mingi avoided looking over at her, but repeated his question after a moment.

"Who am I to you?"

"Well," There was a pause as she thought about it while looking up at the night sky.

"Well, you're my neighbor, were my schoolmate, and well, you're my good friend."

Silence fell between them again. Yiseul wasn't sure what Mingi had in mind when he asked that question, but she figured there was something on his mind now with the vibe he was giving off.

"Mingi?"

"Do you ever..." He began strongly before trailing off.

"Do I ever, what, Mingi?"

She cast her eyes to her friend with a curious gaze as they locked eyes for a second before Mingi turned to face the stars instead. He went silent as Yiseul patiently waited for him to speak again. It's been like this for the last few times they've hung out. She wondered what's been up with him

Please log in to read the full chapter