restless

love again

If someone told Jiwoo that her life would turn upside down because she entered a little put, she wouldn’t believe it. However, it was true. Life always works in mysterious ways, and Jiwoo was about to find out. It was Friday night. She was out of work, and really needing to her mind out of here. It was exhausting. Living every day; fighting every day. Our devil always tries to take our sanities away. Jiwoo was truly exhausted; broken-hearted. Not because all of her friends were busy, they had their own lives; she just had to accept that.

 

But, it was because her best friends were dating each other, the problem was… she liked one of them. Kim Jungeun doesn’t know that Jiwoo loved her deeply; since early years of their friendship. They started to work at the same place. In a library, it was peaceful; they understood each other only with looks and stares. Jiwoo found it truly special, but Jungeun always thought they were only friends, true friends and that Jiwoo was her little sister. Jiwoo laughed about it one day. She joked about kissing her. It was a mistake, and Jiwoo never got back to it.

 

Jungeun was dating Sooyoung. The perfect Ha Sooyoung. She was a businesswoman, heir of big industry, she had everything. Sooyoung really liked Jungeun, she made her happy; who was Jiwoo to interfere in her life.

 

She’s nobody. She felt that way.

 

Jiwoo kept walking until she heard a song nearby. The streets were normal, people walked over there and talked about infinite things that Jiwoo didn’t pay attention to. The sound was coming from a pub. “Möbius” it was a strange name, but Jiwoo liked it. She didn’t want to go to her empty home. There’s no one there; only her thoughts to scare the of her.

 

Jiwoo entered the pub. The lights were low and a pinkish light set on the stage. A girl with a white guitar was singing. Everyone was quiet and paid attention to her; even the waitress. Jiwoo closed the door while looking at the stage. She watched the girl play the strings; delicately; softly. It was like she was taking care of it. Her voice was sweet, but it was like a movie. Like when we watch a movie and it’s old. A love we never lived. A life we never experienced. It was far away, it was like trying to catch smoke with your hands. The girl was killing Jiwoo softly with her song. 

 

The music was sad. Her voice added some solitude to it. It was beautiful, but at the same time… heartbroken.

 

I hate this part, paper hearts

And I'll hold a piece of yours

Don't think I would just forget about it

Hoping that you won't forget about it

 

The girl was so immersed in the song that didn’t notice when Jiwoo shed a tear while listening. Jiwoo felt nothing and everything at the same time. She understood the lyrics, and it was painful. It was like a hundred knives into her heart. She probably was making a big deal of it, but it hurt her soul.

 

Jiwoo was tired; tired of trying… trying to be okay, trying to walk away, trying to keep Jungeun in another place. Jiwoo felt her face wet and notice that she was crying; innocent tears running through her face; lingering on her chin. She whipped her face; sniffled. Took a deep breath, and when she looked at the stage again, the girl was looking at her while singing. Her voice got so tender, so softly calming, Jiwoo felt a deep appreciation even if she didn’t know the girl.

 

Jiwoo knew that she had to stop crying. She had cried so much these past days. It wasn’t like her. She was happy, she was optimistic, but everything went downhill when Jungeun went away with everything she was. Jiwoo couldn’t keep that way. Maybe she would find herself again. It has to get worse for it to be better.

 

She was on the ing storm.

 

Maybe the calm would come after.

 

The girl kept eyeing Jiwoo until the music finished. She was floating actually, by the end of the song she didn’t think about Jungeun. The eyes of the girl were so focused on Jiwoo that she lost her balance.

 

Jiwoo sat at one of the tables and listened till the end of the show. Everyone in the place had applauded the girl. It was such a good show. Jiwoo had heard that her name was Heejin.

 

Heejin. It was a pretty name.

 

She would like to talk to her. She couldn’t take her eyes off her. Jiwoo asked for just water. She didn’t want to drink. She wanted to talk to Heejin.

 

“Hey…” Jiwoo called the waitress.

 

“Hi… do you want anything else?” the tag on her uniform had a name. She had a pretty and big smile. Gahyeon.

 

“No… I wanted to ask something.” Jiwoo was getting nervous.

 

“Of course”

 

“How can I talk to her?” Jiwoo pointed to Heejin who was getting of the stage.

 

Gahyeon smirked.

 

“I can talk to her if you want to meet her.”

 

“If it doesn’t a border”

 

“Not at all.”

 

Gahyeon walked out, and Jiwoo drank all the bottled water. She was thirsty, nervous, and anxious. What the hell she was thinking, and doing? She didn’t know. She just felt the urge to talk with this girl; talk to Heejin.

 

A few minutes and Gahyeon was there. She was smiling at Jiwoo.

 

“She asked you to go to the back door. She was just preparing to go home, but asked you to go there.”

 

“Okay, thank you so much.” Jiwoo paid to her, and with a look on her back walked to the door that Gahyeon pointed to her. The pub was getting quiet; maybe it was late at night. Jiwoo didn’t want to see.

 

She opened the door, and magically she was facing trees and the streetlights. The night was calm; the full moon shining so brightly on the sky. It was truly beautiful.

 

Heejin was by the tree with her cellphone in her hand. She didn’t notice Jiwoo coming until they were facing each other.

 

“You were amazing back there.” Jiwoo started to talk. “I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you.”

 

Heejin smiled at the girl. She finds it so cute the way her bangs looked. It was adorable. She even forgot… well, maybe she didn’t want to remember at all.

 

“It’s not a problem at all. My name is Heejin.”

 

“Jiwoo”

 

There’s a silence between them. Jiwoo doesn’t know what to say, but she liked her. Heejin’s hair looked so soft, and her face was a little blushed. Maybe she drank something. She was beautiful anyway.

 

“You were crying over there.”

 

Heejin didn’t ask, she affirmed.

 

“If you want to talk about it… I don’t have anything to do right now.” Heejin said while taking a gum in her pocket; Strawberry. Jiwoo liked the scent. She looked at Heejin’s lips, and wow, what a perfect shape.

 

“Oh… you notice it… you know, just a heartbroken, and life… it can be hard sometimes.”

 

“Exhausting?”

 

“Definitely”

 

Jiwoo walked to the tree that Heejin was leaning against. They were close. Jiwoo felt okay with this, more than okay. She was relaxed; for the first time in a long time.

 

“When we have our heart broken, everything got worse, you know,” Heejin said. “It’s a cliché, but everything that once was colorful now it’s black and white. I would like to color my life again”

 

“Bad lucky in love too?” Jiwoo asked.

 

“Yes… but it’s been a while. We were on autopilot. It wasn’t right. Everything became a habit. But sometimes… it gets lonely.”

 

“I feel you. That song over there… it really got me, you know. Your voice… I guess… it touched my soul.” Jiwoo said, looking at Heejin, at her face. Jiwoo thought about all the smiles she had seen. Heejin’s smile was the prettiest. Her eyes were full of stars, and Jiwoo swore that it could be another galaxy.

 

“I’m glad that you liked it.”

 

“I liked it so much that I had to talk to you.” Jiwoo confessed. She wasn’t scared; even if she doesn’t know what to do.

 

“Really? Why?”

 

“I don’t know… I just… I just wanted to see if you were really real.”

 

Heejin laughed. Jiwoo got lost in it; in her voice; in her stare; in Heejin. She thought that it couldn’t be possible to feel this way again. Jiwoo thought that her heart would become black and blue, but maybe Heejin was painting it again. It was so soon. Jiwoo didn’t know what she was feeling, but she liked it very much.

 

Heejin took her hand.

 

“See. I’m real.” Heejin turned her body to face Jiwoo. The wind hit their bodies. The night was falling, the stars were shining, and Heejin and Jiwoo were connecting their worlds.

 

“I see you.” Jiwoo said in a low tone. Heejin got chills all over her body. She forgot what it was to feel like that. Like a teenager; running away from the parents; getting into trouble; doing stupid things. Be careless. Be wild. Live fast.

 

Heejin didn’t expect anything from this night, or the others. She felt nothing since Hyunjin left. She didn’t feel herself for a long time. Her feeling was twisted and complicated. Her mind was full of nothingness. But, when she looked at this girl… Jiwoo. She felt something again. Maybe hope. Maybe the feeling we all are looking for; desire to live; to discover; to embrace a life of risks.

 

Heejin blamed herself a lot. Maybe she lacked something. It was the only thing she could think of. Hyunjin would’ve stayed if she did better, but it was a lie. Everything was just… the same. They were teenagers lovers, but with adulthood life, everything came apart. They didn’t click anymore. But Heejin will always remember those early days. Hyunjin was her first in so many things. It would be impossible to forget her, but maybe it was her time to…

 

“Can I ask something?” Jiwoo interrupts her thoughts.

 

“Yes…”

 

“Would you like to love again?”

 

Heejin thought about it; a lot. When you love, you let the other person see you; all of you. It’s terrifying sometimes. Sometimes we put all of ourselves in the hands of the person, but this is wrong. Heejin believed that the person gives half of her, she will give her half; the half of it. It would form a love that she would cherish. They would become something strong. She remembered that before a lover she was a person; with a history, dreams, and everything.

 

She thought about it.

 

She is scared.

 

“I don’t think I could do that right now.”

 

Jiwoo didn’t know what she gets so sad. She didn’t know Heejin. But it was sad.

 

“But…” She started to talk again. “I’m willing to try.”

 

Jiwoo lifted her eyes and looked at Heejin face. She was smiling; a weak and scared smile.

 

“Would you like to help me out?” Heejin asked; so scared. Her voice was so low; so husky.

 

“Can I?” Jiwoo lifted her hand and stopped midway to Heejin’s face. The girl just nodded.

 

Jiwoo touched her face; softly; calmly. Heejin turned her face and felt the scent of Jiwoo’s hand. She felt the calmness; getting ready to love again.

 

Heejin turned her head to look at Jiwoo. She was so calm, so relaxed, her smile and look made Heejin weak. What was happening?

 

“What are you doing to me?” Heejin asked.

 

“I ask you the same things and… I want to try it with you; to love again. We can take things slow. I know you are scared, I know I’m feeling like this too… we have been hurt before. Let’s just… stay.” Jiwoo said while holding Heejin’s face. “It’s our d-1.”

 

Heejin smiled and noticed that her hand was still on Jiwoo’s hand. She felt an urge to…
Heejin looked at Jiwoo face, and feeling this night, feeling these things, she just wanted to get drown in this girl in front of her. Heejin got closer to Jiwoo.

 

“I know you just said that we should take slow, but can we… just… can I kiss you?”

 

Jiwoo smiled and put both of her hands on Heejin’s waist. They were getting closer and closer. Then, their lips finally met. Heejin felt everything again. Every feeling she was hiding deep in her soul, thinking she would never love again.

 

Jiwoo felt all the worries being washed away from her. She just needed Heejin’s lips on hers. Their bodies together and the world that becomes calm again. Heejin was the calm.

 

Their lips danced to a song only they knew. Jiwoo parted her lips and felt Heejin’s tongue. So soft and dangerously hot. Her heartbeat was so fast. She felt her body become weak. Heejin kissed her like she always wanted to be kissed.

 

She drove her crazy, but Jiwoo drowned in the craziness. She drowned in Heejin.

 

“Nice to meet you, Heejin.” Jiwoo said while smiling against Heejin’s lips.