fin

Kim Dahyun's Chair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JYPU Foundation Day is an annual 3-day celebration where students get to set up booths of their choice, with the approval of the Student Council of course. It's also a day for cheap dates on the campus and crush hunting. Kissing booths, wedding booths, blind dates—were all banned much to Sana's dismay. 

 

It was an understandable move from the council though, it's a foundation day not Valentine's and it's supposed to be fun, not romantic. 

 

What's unique about this year is that graduating students are exempted in the requirement of creating a booth which means they're free to roam around the campus and it also meant their money are on the line too. 

 

So many creative booths have been established this year such as Jackson's chicken fight booth—legit a chicken of your choice. Jungkook's Egg pass but one fresh out of the boiling water. Yeri's Slap Booth where you pay to slap a person without getting slapped back (unless they pay), it's kind of a genius move especially since it's october, the break-up season ✨. 

 

Those were all fun but that's not what Sana's lining up for. 

 

Kim Dahyun's Trip to Jerusalem Game.

 

A very mediocre game which is always played during and literally every 2-word event that ends with party. 

 

Why, you ask? 

 

Flashback 20 minutes ago....

 

"Ughhhhh I'm so bored." Sana groaned as she laid her body on the table and stretched it out. 

 

"Me too, I'm supposed to accompany Jeongyeon in her makeup class for GEC106 but that is caught up in Jackson's stupid booth." Momo complained, mirroring Sana's action. 

 

"What?! She's supposed to have a makeup class today?!" Jihyo stopped applying bb powder and turned to them, ready to kill an ostrich. 

 

"Give your girlfriend a break Hyo, I'm sure even Mrs. Song won't be able to attend that make-up class of hers." Nayeon confidently said as she scrolled through her fyp. 

 

"And why is that?"

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "I've seen her like five times in that Slapping Booth. I'm glad she's finally able to express herself more but I did expect for Ms. Lee to be in the receiving end." 

 

"Oh my gosh the tea! I should've stayed there and helped Yeri!" Sana chided, puffing her cheeks. 

 

The four of them—Nayeon, Jihyo, Sana and Momo are chilling at the university's peace park, not really having the energy to participate at anything as of the moment. 

 

"They're such an eyesore." Momo suddenly muttered. 

 

Sana followed Momo's line of sight and hits her, "Yah! That's mittang's brother."

 

"So? I didn't pegged him to be an affectionate one, I mean look at Mina." Momo replied, gently rubbing her arm before she pulled Sana's hair in return.

 

"Owww!" 

 

Nayeon scoffed, gaze still lingering at the two boys not too far from them, "No wonder Mina's still single." 

 

"Huh? Isn't that Kim Sunoo?" Jihyo said as she squints her eye, trying to get a better view of the other guy.

 

Upon the mention of a familiar surname, Sana's ear perked up, "Eh?! Kim Sunoo?? Dahyun's cousin?" 

 

Then upon thr mention of Dahyun's name Nayeon and Momo's eyes lit up, "Huh where?!"

 

Jihyo can only roll her eyes at her whipped friends. She chose not to say anything when the trio started to discuss about Dahyun's new hair color. Jihyo, even though they're friends, didn't actually get the hype—it was just Dahyun's birth hair color—and that's why Jihyo settled in opening her twitter account to check latest tweets. 

 

@soncyp Kim Dahyun's Trip to Jerusalem {XTREME}  Prize: Any kinds of kisses from Kim Dahyun herself.  

 

Jihyo sighed, she knows she's going to regret it but it's better than having them mourn later for not being able to join. 

 

"Girls.." She called and the trio immediately stopped talking to turn to her. 

 

"Check your twitter." 

 

Flashback ends

 

And that is why Im Nayeon, Hirai Momo and Minatozaki Sana are now lined up in one of the 2nd year's stall where the booth is placed. 

 

"Stop pushing me Mo, I swear to godjihyo!" 

 

"Nayeon don't you think you're a bit too pushy? Fyi I arrived first!" 

 

"And I'm the prettiest what's your point?!"

 

Jihyo needed all the patience she get. Hopefully it won't be strength or else she'd undoubtedly break their necks. She sometimes wondered who's actually the person she considers as an unnie here. 

 

Who was Jihyo kidding? It's Mina. 

 

"Stop pulling my hair Mo! If I don't think Dahyun would prefer to kiss me in my bald state!" Sana yelled as she yanked Momo's arm away, hitting Nayeon's eye in the process. 

 

Nayeon gasped and yelled, "!" 

 

Jihyo covered her eyes and looked away, disappointed at her so called unnies' actions. After she shared that tweet to their gc, Sana shrieked so loud followed by Nayeon and Momo's gasps before they raced their way here.

 

According to Sana, "Who wouldn't want a damn kiss from Kim Dahyun?!" 

 

Apparently not only Sana thinks that way, aside from Nayeon and Momo, other known 3rd years can also be seen lining up. 

 

"Hey you three quit causing chaos! Acting like wild animals won't shorten the line damnit!" Kim Jennie from the Business Department stated after pushing off a 2nd year out of the line. 

 

"Yeah you guys should chill the f down. Kim Dahyun's friends are doing a screening inside. Your wait is nothing if you won't pass the interview tch." Eunbi from Momo's block and who's also leading the line, said as she turned around to look at the commotion at the back. 

 

"They're doing a screening? But why?" Jihyo muttered under her breath. 

 

"They're only doing one game and will narrow the contestants to 12 thus the screening." Jihyo turned to her side when someone spoke. 

 

"Gahyeon, I thought you like Dahyun, why are you not lining up?" 

 

"We were pushed out of the line. 3rd year unnies are so strong." Another voice said from behind the two. 

 

Gahyeon was actually the one Jennie pushed out earlier while Somi was just recently kicked out of the picture during Nayeon and Sana's fight, the two didn't even tried. 

 

"We'll get our shot next year." Somi and Gahyeon shrugged. 

 

"Really? You all are acting like this just for a kiss? Unbelievable." The student council president, Irene suddenly spoke while crossing her arms. 

 

Nayeon stopped strangling Momo and turned to Irene, "Shut it Joohyun, you're also in the line!" 

 

After what seems to be half-an hour of waiting, The final 12 was chosen and is now positioned in front of their respective seats. The screening was easy, Chaeyoung the moderator just asked a few basic facts about Dahyun and the trio: Sana, Nayeon and Momo are at a huge advantage considering they're already acquainted and has shared a few hangouts together. 

 

Jihyo was left outside the stall, still talking to Gahyeon and Somi when Mina arrived. 

 

"Jih, where are the others?" 

 

Gahyeon and Somi greeted Mina in which she elegantly returned the gesture before the two friends excused themselves to help their respective booths. 

 

"Oh uhh they joined that Kim Dahyun Game." Jihyo briefly replied. 

 

Mina furrowed her eyebrows, "Kim Dahyun Game?" 

 

"Yeah it's a simple trip to Jerusalem game but with Kim Dahyun's kiss as a prize." Jihyo explained. 

 

Mina doesn't usually care about things like this but Jihyo mentioned Dahyun's name, "Ohhh is Chae participating?" 

 

Jihyo pondered, "I'm not sure though, I'll ask Tzuyu." 

 

"Hmmmm? I see." Jihyo was about to fish her phone out when Mina started to drag her. 

 

"Let's ask her in person." 

 

 

12 Contestants

Kim Jennie

Hirai Momo

Moon Byulyi

Hwang Eunbi

Jung Wheein

Minatozaki Sana

Bae Joohyun

Im Dayoung

Zhou Jieqiong 

Jung Yerin

Im Nayeon

Lee Ruby

 

Sana suddenly felt her competitive side nudging her when she saw who the final contestants are. Sure Sana's confident with her looks but she's finally in a stage where others can fight with her. As an only child, Sana is not used to this at all. 

 

"Yah Sana, no hard feelings okay?" Irene, who's beside her suddenly said. 

 

That's it. 

 

Sana raised her brow at her in a provoking way, "I should be the one saying that Ms. President." 

 

Sana's just thankful she's at least a couple of seats away from Nayeon, now she's someone Sana should be wary of. Nayeon's strength is out of this world. She shifted her gaze to Momo who's happily chatting with Jennie. 

 

Sana shook her head, Momo's not going to last 3 rounds. 

 

"Hello? Oh right...Yeah mic test?" Chou Tzuyu's voice can be heard from the speakers and their eyes instantly looked at the source. 

 

"Right so Hi! Wow I never would've thought this silly booth would get attention from beauties like you." Now it's Jeongyeon's voice. 

 

The two are in an improvised podium where they can clearly see the game unfold. 

 

"THIS IS THE BEST!" Cha Eunwoo from the crowd yelled and was supported by his peers through whistling. 

 

He actually lined up but got eliminated in the screening because he's a male and Dahyun's quite allergic to their species that's why he settled in watching the game instead.

 

Sana also didn't realized how much of a crowd this booth managed to pull. 

 

"So you girls are well aware of how this game works right? It's really simple! We'll play a song and you guys will dance the hell out of it then we pause it unexpectedly." Jeongyeon started. 

 

"It's actually an extreme version since the only rules we have is for you to be seated on a chair once the music stops." Tzuyu continued. 

 

"You're going down Kim!" Sana heard Nayeon yell from a distance.

 

"You're going down Im!" Jennie replied from.the other side too. 

 

"All right it's time to start...the...game!!!" Jeongyeon yelled and the crowd cheered with her. 

 

Now Playing: Playing with Fire by Blackpink

 

"Oh no this is my jam!" Sana heard Momo yell as they started to dance to the rhythm and danced like they mean it. 

 

Sana was too into it that she almost forgot they're in a competition. Just right after the chorus started, the music suddenly stopped and that's when hell started to break loose. 

 

The first four were a bit okay. Ruby, Dayoung, Yerin and Wheein were eliminated. So far no physical violence has been observed not until the fifth round. 

  Now Playing: Zimzalabim by Red Velvet

 

Sana can already see Nayeon twerking from a far, this music is her villain origin song and before the drop even comes, Jeongyeon stopped the music. 

 

Momo was luckily the first one to sit on a chair followed by Jennie, Nayeon, Sana and Kyulkyung. 

 

"Yah!" Jennie yelled when Eunbi jumped on her, trying to shake her off of the chair. 

 

"Give this up Kim!" 

 

"In your dreams!"

 

The crowd became noisy when Jennie literally pushed her off. 

 

"Eunbi is out!" 

 

7th round came. 6th round Moonbyul was out by default when Solar paged her through the intercoms. She only joined for fun and was hoping to clown the rest of the girls in case she wins, she's pretty athletic so she had a chance. 

 

Now Playing: What is Love by Twice

 

It became even more noisy when the remaining girls danced in synch. Momo and even Irene happily danced to it as they circled around the chairs. Sana was also feeling the rhythm and even laughed when Nayeon yelled, "SOTY!" 

 

The crowd sang with them, "I WANNA KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW WHAT IS—"

 

Then Jeongyeon paused it. 

 

"." Sana muttered under her breath when she realized she danced too far from the chair.

 

Sana's about to run to the nearest one when someone pushed her to the side and she fell gaining an 'ooh' from the crowd. When Sana looked up she saw it was Kyulkyung. 

 

"Oh no you don't!" Sana stood up and picked up her pace. 

 

Kyulkyung was about to sit on the chair when Sana tackled her down also gaining the loudest cheer from the crowd. 

 

"MINATOZAKI!! WOOOOH!"

 

"Oh! It seems like Ms. Pinky lost her chance the moment she pushed Ms. Minatozaki but for someone so formal and cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter