last

Midnight snacks

It was pretty early if Minjoo were to be honest, but surprisingly everyone, even Yena and Chaewon were already asleep. Minjoo understands knowing that they have a schedule later but she still couldn’t help but make her way outside her room to find something to eat. She knows she would most likely be scolded by Eunbi for eating something this late, but she couldn’t help it as she makes her way to their fridge.

Carefully opening the fridge, but perhaps Minjoo wasn’t careful enough because the moment she had pulled the handle it made a loud noise that was loud enough to make Minjoo flinch. Turning around she sees that everyone except her door were still closed, sighing in relief, she reaches out to grab the left-over tteokbokki that they had for a while. Giggling to herself as she looks at the tteokbokki inside the container.

“Min?” Minjoo once again flinches as she almost drops the container half-filled with tteokbokki. Holding the container tightly as she looks up to see Yena rubbing her eyes. “Unnie? Did I wake you up?” Minjoo whispers as she puts down the container. “What are you doing? We still have to wake up early, you know?” Yena ignores Minjoo’s question as she lets out a yawn while standing beside Minjoo. “I was hungry so I got up to look for something to eat.” Minjoo explains as she opens the container before carrying it to the microwave to heat it up. “Can I have some?” Yena asks as she follows Minjoo like a lost puppy, trying her best to keep her eyes open. “You can barely open your eyes, but sure.” Minjoo giggles as she hugs Yena who in return hugged her back. They stayed hugging like that while the container half-filled with tteokbokki was still heating up. “How did you know that I was here though?” Minjoo asks as Yena hummed in response. “You were a bit noisy when you made your way to the kitchen, so I woke up and debated if I was going to get up and check or if I should wake up Chaewon and then check with her.”

Minjoo feels embarrassed to know that she was apparently noisy when she was so sure that she was being careful and sneaky. It seemed like it failed since Yena is here hugging her tightly. “Your face is gonna be puffy by the time we wake up, you sure you want that unnie?” Minjoo teases as she pinches Yena’s cheeks, this makes Yena pout, “Hey, I’m older than you, stop that.” Yena complains when Minjoo wouldn’t stop pinching her cheeks. Minjoo laughs as she looks at Yena who still has her eyes closed. “What are you talking about? We’re the same age for now.” Minjoo continues to tease Yena who at this point allows Minjoo to do whatever she wants. Hearing the microwave beeping caused them both to flinch. “How many times will I flinch today, I swear.” Minjoo whispers as she grabs the snacks that had been heated up. “Unnie, what are you doing over there, come on, sit down.” Minjoo ushers Yena who was awkwardly standing behind her. “You make it seem like you don’t live here.” Minjoo jokes, but it seemed like Yena was too sleepy to even react.

“Are you sure you won’t go to sleep? You look really tired.” Minjoo pouts as she watches Yena nod her head before letting out a long yawn. “I wanted to keep you company while you eat, so you don’t have to give me some.” Yena admits as she rests her head on her palms. Minjoo admits this was really sweet of Yena to do. Blowing on the tteokbokki that she had grabbed with her chopsticks she looked at Yena who had her eyes closed. “Yena unnie,” Minjoo calls out to which Yena hums again as a response. “Do you want some?” Minjoo asked again and this time Yena had opened her eyes before looking down at the tteokbokki, it seemed like Yena had debated with herself as she stares at the tteokbokki before holding Minjoo’s hand to put it closer to and taking a bite.

Nodding her head while chewing, Minjoo smiles as she watches Yena hum one of their songs. Minjoo turns beet red the moment they both lock eyes. “Is there some sauce on my face?” Yena mumbles as she continues to chew, Minjoo’s eyes widen when Yena catches her staring. Looking away she pushes Yena who went closer with a teasing look. “You like me, don’t you?” Yena, although still chewing, teased Minjoo.

“As if!” Minjoo complains as she shoves another tteokbokki inside Yena’s mouth. Yena doesn’t complain as she happily chews on the tteokbokki. “You should probably feed yourself before I finish all of it.” Yena stands up, Minjoo looks at her as she grabs two cups and filling it with water. “Why do you always look at me?” Yena stares at Minjoo before sitting down again. “Is it wrong to stare?” Minjoo asks back and Yena shrugs. “I’m just saying if you have feelings for me then you can just tell me.” Yena nudges the younger before feeding the younger some tteokbokki. “Bold of you to assume that, what if it’s you that fell for me.” Minjoo shot back before sighing. “What’s with the sigh?” Yena asks as she looks at Minjoo worriedly, there wasn't any glint of mischief, it was just Yena being concerned for the younger. “I thought you were sleepy?” Minjoo had decided to change the subject, Yena noticed it but eventually just decided to do nothing.

Eventually both had stood up to clean the table in case they did make a mess. It was already late, and it would be a scary sight if ever they see Eunbi standing in front of them. “Yena unnie,” Minjoo calls out as she glances at Yena who was putting back the tteokbokki inside the fridge. “Hm?” Yena hums out an answer as always before looking at Minjoo who seemed to have a puzzled look.

“Although we do bicker a lot,” Minjoo hears a soft chuckle before Yena signals her to keep talking. “But I do like your company so, thank you I guess?” Minjoo lets out an awkward laugh before standing up. “I suppose we should head to bed soon; don’t you think unnie?” Minjoo looks at Yena who walks beside her. “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t want Eunbi to eventually wake up and-”

“And what?” Both froze when they realized who was in front of them. “Why are you guys still up? And why does it smell like-” before Eunbi could finish her sentence she let out a tired yawn before shaking her head. “Just head to bed, don’t stay up too late, we leave early this morning, don't forget that.” She lectures as she eventually goes back to her room.

Both exhaling at the same time they both let out a laugh before hitting and shushing each other. “Okay for real, good night Min.”