fin

Moberty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In every friend group there’s always that one who enters puberty late or went through a lot of it. When you all agreed to have a Japanese takeout dinner but she changed her mind last minute just because she wants to make Gangnam her runway for the night. Flirts endlessly then the next second tells you to move over because you’re blocking her view. Patient at most times but gets easily irritated at very unexpected moments. Yes there’s that one and that is Hirai Momo.

 

Jeongyeon was taking the trash out and got busy greeting the neighbors good morning. They were really helpful when the nine of them moved in so it’s only natural for her to maintain a good relationship with them. Their building is not that tall but is really spacious inside. They all lived at the 3rd floor. Momo and Dahyun occupying the first room, Jeongyeon, Sana and Chaeyoung occupying the second, Nayeon and Jihyo occupying the third and Mina and Tzuyu occupying the last.

 

She was all smiles when she was on her way in but immediately dropped when she heard Momo’s loud voice.

 

“Damnit. Five minutes! Five ing minutes I’m gone and happens!” She hurriedly took off her slippers and went inside.

 

She saw Momo in the middle of the room with Sana and Chaeyoung cluelessly looking at her while eating their shared tub of cookies and cream.

 

“..all these time! I’ve spent my morning the whole month talking to it and even named him ricardo for ’s sake!”

 

Jeongyeon rolled up her sleeves and looked at the two on the ground, “What happened?”

 

“Momo barged in yelling about the plant you got for her, said something about your friendship being as fake as the plant.” Sana replied as she continued scrolling through her social media account.

 

“But unnie, Jeongyeon-unnie clearly told you it’s just a fake one because she remembered how lazy you can be. She didn’t want the plant to wither so she gifted you a fake one instead.” Chaeyoung said in a small voice.

 

“It looks real! And lovable! If all plants are like this then why didn’t you gave me a real one Jeong? And here I thought we’re friends!”

 

Jeongyeon closed her eyes at this, placing a hand on her hip, “Oh Godjihyo don’t tell me she’s going through puberty?”

 

“Don’t mention Jihyo’s name it makes my blood boil.”

 

“Bingo!” Sana chirped.

 

“Look.” Jeongyeon grabbed ricardo out of Momo’s grasp, “I’ll buy you a real one. Just.. chill go watch some barbie movies in Sana’s room.”

 

“Ani, I’m too lazy to even think of watering another ricardo again.” Momo muttered before walking out in front of her leaving Jeongyeon’s jaw drop.

 

“What the—”

 

Before Jeongyeon can even give her comment, Momo stopped and turned around, “And yes I want to watch some barbie movies.” She stated before completely walking off to Sana’s bedroom.

 

Jeongyeon flailed her arms at this, “Of course she is!”

 

In the end, Jeongyeon, Sana and Chaeyoung were forced to watch over Momo since they’re the only ones with no activities or classes for the day. Tzuyu arrived earlier and dropped by to eat pizza with them but immediately left after clashing with Momo.

 

“Do you guys know where it is?” Momo asked, trying to find something on the box with her half-eaten pizza on her hand.

 

“What is?”

 

“It’s like this.”

 

The three looked up just in time to see Momo lift her hands and as if it’s in slow motion, Sana and Chaeyoung widened their eyes at the sight. Momo was really close in forming an ‘o’ when Tzuyu slapped her hand away.

 

“Go and call Jeongyeon-unnie. Tell her it’s an emergency. FAST.” Tzuyu stated and Sana was quick to get off of her feet, making loud noises as she stumbled her way out, knocking off a few kitchen appliances while Chaeyoung, stayed, coughing when she choked on her pizza.

 

It did not take 2 minutes for Jeongyeon to arrive, hair still smothered with shampoo while her body is covered with towel.

 

“What? Where?! Where is it?!”

 

Momo innocently looked at her before raising her hands once again, this time successfully forming an ‘o’

 

“I need it like right now, do you know where they placed it?”

 

Jeongyeon sighed in relief as she went over to the pizza box and turned the lid over. She ripped off the free ketchup and mustard attached on the cover and gave it to Momo. Wordlessly, she exited the scene and went back to taking a bath as if nothing happened.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter