End

For Your Soul

A slender guy stands alone inside that hospital room. His lover's room.

 

Both of them brought to the hospital a few weeks ago after the traffic accident they met along the way. They were supposed to register their marriage that day, before they met a dreadful accident on the way.

 

Unfortunately, the other guy, named Ryeowook was badly injured to the point he fell into a coma, even the doctors that handled him can't even guarantee that he will even wake up, Yesung, his lover, was really devastated after hearing the news right after he himself woke up after the accident. 

but he never want to admit defeat, he didn't want to lose his lover, he said,

 

"but doctor..we were supposed to get married, isn't it weird that the wedding turns into a funeral" as a part of his denial. he didn't want to accept the reality just yet.

 

week after week, there were no improvement from Ryeowook, not even the slightest, the doctor said to just let Ryeowook go already, but Yesung still don't want to accept that just yet. he's not and never ready to lose his lover, the only one he had in this world.

He wait and wait, he tried to talk to Ryeowook in every chance he had,

"Wook-ah, aren't you tired of sleeping? please wake up...we were supposed to register our marriage, right? how am i suppose to do it alone, Wook-ah..." he said.

"so, please, wake up and get healthy, so we can register our marriage and live together as you wished" he begged and cried in front of Ryeowook. 

 

and today, the doctors finally said that it is the time to let Ryeowook go, they can't drag this for to long, it will be too painful for Ryeowook either.

 

So that's why, Yesung came so prepared. He wear the best suit he ever had, he even do his hair so neatly.

He asked the doctors to have an alone time with Ryeowook before he finally lets him go, so they comply to Yesung's request.

 

"Wook-ah, My Love Ryeowook....are you really going now? today's really cold you know....aren't you cold? can you even go without me? you were always clumsy and bad with directions...won't you get lost?" he asked and asked, even let a sour laugh out.

 

"well, if you really want to go, you can go...but can i ask you this, Wook-ah? can you please come to my dream every year, every first snow i see, every time rain comes...can you come to me? please come...okay?" this time, Yesung's voice starts to get shaky and breathy because he starts to cry. He really don't want to let him go, but he can't stand the sight of Ryeowook lifeless in front of him any longer.

"I'm sorry that i can't protect you...i'm sorry to get you into this accident...i'm sorry for everything..." then all the cry he tried to hold was exploded, he cried for a long time, feeling so helpless and lost.

"i will always love you, and i will forever keeping you in my heart, Wook-ah...please be happy up there, i'll try my best to be happy too..."

and Yesung getting something out from his pocket. A ring. he then put that ring on Ryeowook's free finger. 

"Bring this with you, a ring that i promise you that day...i will put it again on your finger when we meet up there, okay? but don't lose this on your way there..." he said.

 

After the alone time that he asked is over, the time to putting off all the life-support from Ryeowook is coming, and he finally letting Ryeowook go.

 

now he can only keep on waiting the day that he can finally meet and hug Ryeowook again like he used to.