sunbae & hoobae

it’s 6:12
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

sunbae: senior

hoobae: junior

--

Choi Yena is probably one of the prettiest students in their school. However, she is also known for having a weird personality. But then again, who wouldn't like her if she's this fluffy ball of cuteness who always makes people happy and has a talent for singing and dancing.

 

"Yena unnie! Have you heard about the new student from your lower batch?" Her freshman friend Yujin asked. Yena shrugged her shoulders confused on why she would care about it.

 

"Uhm no?” Yena replied. “What does that have to do with me?"

 

"Well I guess none. It's just that people have been talking about her all day because they find her pretty."

 

"And...?" Yena never really looked at the appearance of people. That's actually another good trait of hers. She doesn’t judge the person based on looks alone.

 

"She looks like a cute little baby cheetah. So I thought you'd take some interest in her." 

 

One more thing to know about Choi Yena. She really adores animals and guess what? She likes cute baby animals such as puppies and kittens. That's why Yujin thought Yena would be one of the first to gush about the new student.

 

"What? Are you being serious? I have to see her!!" See? She's somewhat of a decisive person. When she likes it, she likes it to an extreme extent. She often says “If you like something, go for it hard. Life’s short ’ya know?”

 

"Whoa! Calm down, unnie." Yujin forgot that when her unnie wants something, she'd totally find a way to get it.

 

"Plus, I bet she went home already. Look, it's almost six already.” The younger added to avoid having a wild duck roaming around campus this late. “I doubt she has night classes considering it's her first day." 

 

"Really? What if she's still here?" Yena answered really wanted to meet the cute cub. 

 

"Yeah, I guess… if she's crazy and likes studying that much." Yujin said as a joke as they walked along the corridor. After a few seconds of silence, she found it too weird and thought her friend probably got sad not meeting her new object of affection.

 

“It’s alright, unnie-“ However, Yena was already out of her sight when she turned to look at her.

 

"Damn! That unnie... I shouldn't have said that." She shook her head and proceeded to her club meeting assuming the older girl will eventually fail to find the new girl and message her once she’s tired of searching.

 

--

 

Meanwhile, Yena was at their school gates still trying to find the said cub-looking new student. She has been looking for her for about five minutes already and was already thinking of giving up her search.

 

‘No! I’m definitely meeting and befriending this cutie today!’ She pumped her cream buns and pushed herself for this mission. She walked some more but no one looked like even a bit of a cute cub-like person.

 

Having enough of walking around clueless of the girl’s whereabouts, she planned to ask people around her. Good thing, she saw a familiar face nearby.

 

"Yuri!” She yelled to get the younger’s attention. 

 

“Hey, Yena unnie!” Yuri greeted the older girl when she saw it was Yena who called for her.

 

“Have you seen the new student?" Yena slowed down and thought of how she was going to describe the girl she was looking for. "Yujin said she’s pretty.”

 

"Oh.” Yuri smirked and figured out the situation, remembering the thing she and Yujin discussed earlier. “Do you mean Kim Chaewon?"

 

"I'm not actually sure.“ Yena realized she forgot to ask the name of the new girl. 

 

“Does she look like a cheetah? Not the scary ones! The really cute little baby cub ones.” She explained with hand gestures as if she’s squishing something with her hands opening and closing.

 

"Yeah, she does." Yena's almost giving up face lit up but quickly faded after Yuri added, "But I think she went home already."

 

Seeing Yena's face drop, Yuri almost laughed out loud. She heard from Yujin that Yena is really obsessed with baby animals and people who look like one. 

 

"Kidding!" Yena's eyes are squinting, clearly not happy with the joke.

 

"Hey, Jo Yuri!" Yuri took her time laughing at Yena's reaction to her little prank.

 

"Chill, unnie! I think I saw her walk that way earlier." Yuri then tapped Yena's shoulder who was about to leave after thanking the small girl. 

 

“Goodluck finding your baby cheetah!" and she laughed again as she left the older.

 

"Where, where, where?" She kept asking herself as she walked towards the direction Yuri pointed. She was saying it as a chant, getting excited about finally getting near to seeing this famous new student. She never even noticed that she was already at the bus stop near they're school.

 

"Where, where--" She stopped the second she saw the person she thinks she’s been looking for. She's not quite sure due to not really knowing what this Kim Chaewon looks like but this girl sure looks a lot like what people around her are describing.

 

Yena slowly walked towards the girl, who seemed to be waiting for the bus to arrive. She removed the watch on her wrists on the way as she decided on how to approach her. While trying to act natural, she stood next to the girl and subtly looked at her face.

 

‘OMG! THIS GOT TO BE HER! SHE LOOKS SO CUTE! HER EYES AAAAAA!’

 

Yena was extremely gushing about the girl beside her and trying hard not to ruin her plan. She pretended to look at her wrist and furrowed her brows. As if on cue, she looked at Kim Chaewon.

 

"Excuse me, miss..." She acted with the purpose of confirming if this girl is really her girl. She’s silently hoping that the girl was wearing her ID and Yena thinks it’s her lucky day because the girl’s actually wearing one.

 

"Chaewon? Kim Chaewon?" The younger one looked at the girl, who suddenly approached her and is now looking at her ID weirdly. She just nodded her head, not exactly knowing what’s happening.

 

"I just wanted to ask what time it is right now." Yena smiled her best smile trying to at least use it to charm the girl. It works on other students, so there’s nothing wrong with taking her chance at this moment.

 

"It's 6:12." Chaewon answered, still unsure what this seemingly suspicious person wanted from her.

 

"6:12?" Chaewon nodded. "Woah! What a great time to go to a cafe. Right?" Yena slyly smiled, wiggling her brows up and down for Chaewon to take the hint.

 

Catching up on what was happening, Chaewon giggled at the way this cute stranger girl with a pretty goofy smile was hitting on her. Taking that as a good response, Yena continued her genius plan.

 

"Hi, Chaewon! I'm Choi Yena and I b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter