are you regretting it?

down the pit of regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoo Jimin sniffed, wiping the snot with the sleeves of her pajama. The stench of alcohol with the mixture of suffocating air of her room went into her lungs as she breathed raggedly along with her sobbing. Clutching her knees to her chest, she could feel her head spin, the trashes littered in her room reminding her of her depleting savings. It was a bad idea to stay cooped up in her small apartment, she thought, head limp between her knees, vision blurry and disoriented as she eyed shadows dancing in the darkness.

 

 

Maybe they're here to end my suffering and take me to paradise, she mused.

 

 

But between wandering the streets aimlessly and getting drunk in the safety of her own apartment, she picked the safer choice. She groaned, headache making her head throbbed painfully. Darkness a friendly company as she massaged her head between trembling hands.

 

 

Not that she got much to choose from after abruptly rendering her resignation letter to her manager. It wasn't a wise choice now that Yoo Jimin and alcohol along with thoughts of how she's gonna survive the next few days kept her company, especially when she's three months behind rent.

 

 

Sullen and eyes b with tears, she picked up the can of Cass Red beside her, accidentally kicking the little tin can pyramid she made, noise surprising her along with the sound of knocking in her front door. She stared wide eyed at it for a moment, puzzled if it was her mind playing tricks on her.

 

 

"Yoo Jimin-sshi!" a voice bellowed, followed by three consecutive knocks, Jimin felt the cold liquid by her feet, the last few drops of the beer wetting her barefeet and staining the carpet, can rolling around spilling its contents much the same as tears spilled on her cheeks. She didn't notice that she dropped the can in her shock.

 

 

"Yoo Jimin-sshi! It's your landlord!" Jimin's shoulder shook with the oncoming fresh batch of tears, sobbing uncontrollably, hands coming up to wipe it away albeit useless as she muttered 'I'm sorry' repeatedly while hugging her knees to her chest. She has never felt so pathetic and helpless and a sobbing mess but here she was an adult, alone, broke, and unemployed.

 

 

Continuous rapping on her door seeking her attention and with it her sobbing rang loud, echoing in her apartment -- hoping that ignoring her landlord will make her go away. "Please pay your rent," her landlord's voice said, muffled over the heavy door of her apartment.

 

 

Jimin's head spun with scenarios -- living under a piece of cardboard on the streets, begging for money -- "I-I ... can't pay," Jimin muttered between broken sobs. She's on the verge of being homeless.

 

 

Chest heaving and breathed ragged, she sobbed until she noticed that the knocking somehow ... stopped. It was only her cries that can be heard within the small space of her apartment ceasing until she calmed down to occassional sniffing.

 

 

Then beyond the closed door, a voice resonated, loud enough for her to push herself to propel to open the door.

 

 

"...if you hear me out, I might be able to help you."

 

 

Yoo Jimin's heart skipped a beat, eyes blurry yet wide and disoriented but expectant, hope b inside her chest. Hastily wiping her face off of the remnant tears, blurting out an answer that will shape her fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter