fin.

Melatonin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ahn Yujin was the kid next door. For as long as Minju could remember, she has always been neighbors with Yujin but the two of them only started hanging out when Minju was in 9th grade and Yujin was in the 7th grade. Their parents are on good terms. Minju and Yujin’s moms would even go out for brunch sometimes.

Minju thought that it’s cute that their families get along well. She’s also glad that Yujin was a really nice kid. Minju had tendencies where she always stutters when meeting new people or even starting conversations, but Yujin did not mind Minju’s awkwardness. She even said that it was cute how Minju would always formulate the words inside her head before she speaks. 

“ It’s like speaking to a robot. “ Yujin said once. 

“ That kid knows me too well. “ Minju covered her face with her hands as her lips formed into a small smile. 

Yujin. 

The Yujin who always ran after her wherever she goes. The Yujin who would always barge into her room by the means of forced entry through her window. The Yujin who’s smile reaches her eyes. 

Minju’s cute puppy, Yujinnie. 

But time flies fast and Minju could not believe that her neighbor/ friend would be going away for college. Minju would definitely miss her. 

“ Are you not going to say your goodbyes to Yujin? “ 

The 20-year-old woman looked up from her laptop as she stretched her arms for a quick second before answering her mom’s question. 

“ Hmm. I’m not sure. I’m still busy doing my research and Yujin probably has more packing to do. I don’t want to bother her. “ Minju replied. She thought about talking to Yujin before the day she leaves for college but she has stacks of homework that occupied Minju's schedule, and if she ever had time to spare, Minju would most definitely use it to catch some sleep. 

Her mom nodded her head, taking an apple from the fruit basket and placing it on the countertop where her daughter is doing her work. 

“ Yujin is now a college student, huh? Time sure does fly fast. “ her mom said. “ Why don’t you give her some advice? “ 

“ With what? “ Minju stopped typing for a brief second and continues. 

“ College. You’re in your second year now. I bet you have some life hacks to share with Yujin. “ 

Minju chuckled. Her Mom was overestimating her. “ College doesn’t have life hacks, mom. You just wing it until you make it, I guess. “ 

“ Like that one! “ Her mom clasped her hands together. “ You should tell that to Yujin! “ 

“ Sure, mom. “ Minju replied. It seems like her mother doesn’t know that between her and Yujin, the younger girl was the one who gives Minju advice. Despite Minju being older, Yujin was the one who taught her about a lot of things. 

And that includes how to kiss someone.

 

*** 

Minju got her first boyfriend in freshmen year. She remembered how her boyfriend gave her the butterflies. She remembered how dashing his boyfriend looked like when he serenaded her in the cafeteria, in front of other high school kids.

He sure has the guts. She was head over heels for her boyfriend and she was willing to do anything in return to make him happy. 

“ Do you know how to kiss? “ is what Minju told the 9th grader Yujin who was hell-bent on answering her homework on Minju’s bed

Yujin gulped. She was not expecting Minju to say that kind of thing out of the blue. She looked away from her homework and sat at the edge of the bed, her eyes glued to the carpet.

“ I.. “ Yujin scratched the back of her head. Her classmates already have girlfriends and boyfriends and she sees them kiss each other and do other things like petting but Yujin had never tried kissing anyone before. 

She thought that lying to Minju who’s a freshman now in high school would make the status quo between them equal but she cannot lie towards the older girl when she knows everything about Yujin’s personal life. 

“ I haven’t kissed anyone yet… “ Yujin sputtered. “ Why do you ask? “ 

Minju stood up from her swiveling chair and sat next to Yujin. “ My boyfriend tried to kiss me a couple of times but I pushed him away because I was nervous and I didn't know what to do. “ 

“ Oh. “ Yujin suddenly was conscious of how dry her lips are. Still, she sometimes forgets that Minju already had a boyfriend. She knows she has one but whenever they’re together, Minju rarely talks about him or what they do. 

Yujin liked it that way. After all, she had a huge fat crush on Minju, and the thought of the girl she liked being physically intimate with a man disgusts her. 

Yujin started shaking her legs. It was a bad habit of hers when she’s feeling uneasy or nervous. “ W-well. My friends told me you’ll just know what to do when you’re kissing someone…. Maybe that’s the same case for you too.“ 

Minju noticed how Yujin was shaking her leg again. She placed a hand on Yujin’s thigh to make her stop but she was completely oblivious to the effect she has on Yujin. 

“ God. “ Yujin swore under her breath. 

“ I’m nervous. “ Minju locked her eyes with Yujin. “ I just want to be ready when it happens again. “ 

“ Do you want to practice kissing with me, then? “ Yujin blurted out. She’s 15 for Christ’s sake! She’s like every hormonal teenager in her school. And it doesn't help that Minju was extremely attractive.

Yujin would do anything for her even if it means helping Minju how to kiss her stupid boyfriend. 

Minju blinked her eyes several times. She did not expect those words to come out from Yujin’s mouth but for her that time, it was a good idea. 

Kissing her younger but taller neighbor seems to be the most rational thing to do at that moment.

Minju settled herself on Yujin’s lap and put her hands on the younger girl’s shoulder. 

“ I-is this okay? “ Minju felt her whole body burning up. The reason why she had climbed on Yujin’s lap, she does not know. 

“ Y-yeah, I guess. “ Yujin cleared . She tries to recall every movie she watched where the main characters shared a passionate kiss. She hoped that she would pick up on some techniques but to no avail. 

Kim Minju was driving her crazy. And she has to hold back all her urges for the older girl. That’s a lot of work for Yujin. 

“ I’ll pretend to be your boyfriend, then… “ Yujin started as she wrapped Minju’s waist with her arms to pull her closer. “ What does he call you? “ 

“ He calls me babe in front of his friends. “ Minju tucked loose hairs on Yujin’s face and put it behind her ears. She noticed how Yujin’s ears were all red. Making her realize that the latter was nervous as well. 

“ Babe, huh. “ Yujin nodded. She felt a pang of jealousy after learning that information. “ Should we start? “ 

Minju hummed in response and closed her eyes. She’s letting Yujin do the first and move and she’ll just follow on her head.

Yujin slowly closed the distance between the two of them. She put a hand on Minju’s left cheek while her other hand grabbed her waist. 

“ Her eyelashes are long… She’s so pretty. God… her lips… “ Yujin’s thought was filled with Minju. Just Kim Minju. 

Yujin felt her heart speed up thousand times when Minju’s body pressed onto hers. She was incredibly soft. 

“ What’s taking so long, Yujin? “ 

“ Sorry… “ Yujin felt embarrassed. She was in no position to be admiring Minju as if she was hers. 

Minju felt Yujin’s lips on hers. It lingered in the same position for a couple of seconds until Yujin started to open more to entirely kiss Minju but it ended up with both their teeth clashing together. 

Minju pulled out first, holding the corners of . “ What happened? “ 

Yujin looked away, her arms falling to her side. “ I was just trying to act like your boyfriend… uhh… I think we should practice more. “ 

Minju’s let out a soft giggle. “ Aren’t you too eager? “ 

“ Please, you’ll thank me for this. “ Yujin replied, her nervousness seems to die down a little. She grabbed Minju’s waist as their lips met for the second time. 

Yujin kissed her slowly as if she was taking her time to taste Minju’s lips. She could only hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter